Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Italian Restaurant in town.

• 05-06-2008 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm taking the girlfriend out to dinner tonight and we're meeting up outside the green in town (Dublin). Now, I haven't been out to dinner in this neck of the woods for a while, so does anyone know any nice Italian places near enough to Grafften street?

Not looking for anything too expensive mind, just something nice with friendly staff and decent food.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Steps of Rome is fairly near by and I've heard it's excellent but I've not eaten there myself. I like Boccacios down on Dame St or Botticellis in Temple Bar myself but they may be too much of a walk for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Boccacios looks perfect and has a great menu, thanks very much.

Will tell you what I think tommorow :)

Went there and really enjoyed it.

Meal wasn't too expensive and they gave us a couple of free shots at the end.

I will be back there, thanks.

You're welcome!

I've always enjoyed the free shots of limoncello at the end of the meal too. :)

You're welcome!

I've always enjoyed the free shots of limoncello at the end of the meal too. :)

Ahhhh, that's what it's called! Neither of us had a clue! You don't know what's in it do you, because it was very nice and refreshing and when I next have a dinner party it would be nice to give everyone a shot to freshen them up after the meal.

• Advertisement

Lots of information about it here.

It's basically a lemon based liqueur from Italy. You should be able to find some in the more interesting type of off licence.

Once again thanks, God you're a handy person to know. :):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Lots of information about it here.

It's basically a lemon based liqueur from Italy. You should be able to find some in the more interesting type of off licence.

Only buy what seems genuine limoncello, there's a lot of cheap copies out there. You should keep it in the freezer as well... it needs to be really REALLY cold.
    It's basically pure alcohol with lemons squeezed into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bit late but Da Pino's on the top of Parliament St (opposite City Hall) is lovely. Their tiramisu is the business.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

steps of romes good for pizza, would give there pasta a miss though.

for the best all round, proper italian id highly recommend dunne & cresenzi, on kildare st. bar italia, owned by the same people is the same, excellent. cant beat it for real italian food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement