Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CETNS Summer Fair - Father's Day

Options
  • 05-06-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

If your looking for something to do on Fathers Day ...

C.E.T.N.S. are holding their annual Summer Fair on Sunday 15th June - Fathers Day.

There will be an international food hall, with food from over twenty different countries - including Bosnia, Afghanastan, Canada, India, Lebonan, Ireland, Spain, Americia, Croatia, Italy, France, Germany ..- at only 6euro a plate for adults, 3euro for children and a family deal special offer price.

The stalls include amongst others:

Books ............... CDs .............. Toys
    Tombola ................. Bric-a-brac
    Cakes .............. Bread ............. Ice Creams
    Tarrot Cards
    Face Painting ................ Princess Party ............... Hair braiding
    Pick-a-Jar ... lucky dip
    Balloon shapers
    Henna from the experts !!

We will also have four bouncy castles, an obstacle course, and football shoot outs and puck fada games. There are displays from Capoeira from Brazil, Buskers, Raggae Music, the Red Cross, and the Bat Society of Ireland.

There is also a wonderful Bedouin Tent with ethnic teas and sweets to experience.

A Coffee shop with deserts for after you meal in the food court.

And a craft room, with handmade cards - patchwork - handcrafted felt goods with a chance to try your hand at feltmaking - and Linda Kelly from Kelly Papercrafts will have her shop available on the day.

So all in all a great afternoon out .... a brilliant family Day.

We are in Beachpark Avenue in Castleknock - near to the Castleknock Tennis club and Bradys garages - and the fair is open from 12.30 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For those of us a little slow on the uptake, what's C.E.T.N.S.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Castleknock Educate Together National School.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just to let you all know my band 'Whistle' will be playing at the summer fair between 1 and 3:30 if you want to catch a few tunes while you enjoy the fine food on offer at the fair.
    Hope to see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have to say this looks like a lot of fun, should be along with my brats.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

deswalsh wrote: »
    Just to let you all know my band 'Whistle' will be playing at the summer fair between 1 and 3:30 if you want to catch a few tunes while you enjoy the fine food on offer at the fair.
    Hope to see you there
    Cool. I,ll meet my first boardsie! I,ll be the one dressed as a clown:D

• Advertisement

If your looking for something to do on Fathers Day ...

C.E.T.N.S. are holding their annual Summer Fair on Sunday 15th June - Fathers Day.

There will be an international food hall, with food from over twenty different countries - including Bosnia, Afghanastan, Canada, India, Lebonan, Ireland, Spain, Americia, Croatia, Italy, France, Germany ..- at only 6euro a plate for adults, 3euro for children and a family deal special offer price.

The stalls include amongst others:

Books ............... CDs .............. Toys
    Tombola ................. Bric-a-brac
    Cakes .............. Bread ............. Ice Creams
    Tarrot Cards
    Face Painting ................ Princess Party ............... Hair braiding
    Pick-a-Jar ... lucky dip
    Balloon shapers
    Henna from the experts !!

We will also have four bouncy castles, an obstacle course, and football shoot outs and puck fada games. There are displays from Capoeira from Brazil, Buskers, Raggae Music, the Red Cross, and the Bat Society of Ireland.

There is also a wonderful Bedouin Tent with ethnic teas and sweets to experience.

A Coffee shop with deserts for after you meal in the food court.

And a craft room, with handmade cards - patchwork - handcrafted felt goods with a chance to try your hand at feltmaking - and Linda Kelly from Kelly Papercrafts will have her shop available on the day.

So all in all a great afternoon out .... a brilliant family Day.

We are in Beachpark Avenue in Castleknock - near to the Castleknock Tennis club and Bradys garages - and the fair is open from 12.30 onwards
    Do you want another facepainter? Im free?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

frankly.the local pub and a belly full of pints sounds a lot more interesting to me,especially on fathers day.

gollyitslolly - many thanks for the offer - I think they are ok for facepainters I will double check today. I have done that myself a few times and its a great way to chat to loads of littleys!!

One thing I know they are looking for is Tarot card Readers - due to unforseen circumstances the ones booked cant come!!!:rolleyes:

greatgoal - guess we wont see you there then!!

One thing I know they are looking for is Tarot card Readers - due to unforseen circumstances the ones booked cant come!!!:rolleyes:

I might be able to sort out something.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I might be able to sort out something.

Great - let me know if you think you can.

• Advertisement

gollyitslolly - many thanks for the offer - I think they are ok for facepainters I will double check today. I have done that myself a few times and its a great way to chat to loads of littleys!!

greatgoal - guess we wont see you there then!!
    No problem. I,ll still go along anyway:)

greatgoal wrote: »
    frankly.the local pub and a belly full of pints sounds a lot more interesting to me,especially on fathers day.

That's fair enough, if it's not your thing then you won't be going. Being so dismissive of it is unnecessary though, other people here are interested in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No problem. I,ll still go along anyway:)

Great stuff, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Good crowd there on Sunday - and it didn't rain. a lot better than the so called car booth sale a few months ago.
    Kids had great time with bouncey castles and face painting etc. All the food in hall looked good and the wife said it all tasted lovely aswell.

Glad you enjoyed it bkeane, it was a great success from what I hear. I missed all the grub though!! :(
    Still, I got to hang out with a few lads and play guitar all afternoon - what more could a blokey ask for!!

Zaph wrote: »
    That's fair enough, if it's not your thing then you won't be going. Being so dismissive of it is unnecessary though, other people here are interested in it.
    sorry zaph,but i wasnt being dissmissive at all,my 4 children are all grown up and every year on fathers day they take me out for a meal and beers,if this was on any other sunday i would have an interest in attending but today there was other plans.

greatgoal wrote: »
    sorry zaph,but i wasnt being dissmissive at all,my 4 children are all grown up and every year on fathers day they take me out for a meal and beers,if this was on any other sunday i would have an interest in attending but today there was other plans.

That's fair enough then, my apologies. Hope you had a good time.

Zaph wrote: »
    That's fair enough then, my apologies. Hope you had a good time.
    apology accepted,and yes we a had fine day thanks.

Hope to see you there
    I saw the band,very good too. Didnt wear my clown gear though! Bought a few books and had a chat with the "BATMAN". Nice day:)

I saw the band,very good too. Didnt wear my clown gear though! Bought a few books and had a chat with the "BATMAN". Nice day:)

And I was watching out for a clown all day!!

• Advertisement

:DHad to go somewhere else afterwards. Where you the guy 2nd from the right? I had a coffee and a smoke just outside the door at about 3.30.

:DHad to go somewhere else afterwards. Where you the guy 2nd from the right? I had a coffee and a smoke just outside the door at about 3.30.

No, I was the guy furthest away from you, right in the corner. (they always keep me there now, stops me messing!)
    Littlebitdull was in the craft room doing the cards and papercraft, Thaedyal was doing the Tarot card readings, so you might have come across them too.

No, I was the guy furthest away from you, right in the corner. (they always keep me there now, stops me messing!)
    Littlebitdull was in the craft room doing the cards and papercraft, Thaedyal was doing the Tarot card readings, so you might have come across them too.

Ha ha, saw the queue for the tarot all right. One guy said he felt like he was queing for the dentist:D We peeped in and she was waving her arms in a gesture.dramatiaclly. Very funny:D

The band was good, but I have that blasted song in my head for the rest of the day.
    " do you ever see the rain" yup got caught in it about 5 mins ago :)

My kids had a good time, one of them came back all tiger faced and the inflated obstacle course was a big hit with them.

There were a lot more people then I expected for the tarot I was kept fairly busy did readings for about 16 people.

MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU THADEYDAL ... I have it in caps becasue we (the school) were trilled to bits with your very kind help today. You were a big hit with all concerned, and its much appriciated.

On a more personal level it was good to see you again!!

Glad to help, it was good too see you too, the new hair cut is fab on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Caverna

Hey,

I was part of the Capoeira group that performed on Sunday and I have to say well done to everyone involved.

From the food, to the people, to the events. All orchestrated with passion and ease.

And thanks also to the lady selling the delicious loaves of bread who tried to give me one for free because I had "worked" there on Sunday!

Hopefully see you all next year!

Advertisement