Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biofuels

• 05-06-2008 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Is there anybody on here who has gone down the biofuels route? If so, Can you share your experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

do you mean producing crops for, processing or using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

I'm more interested in the "using" part but even if just producing. How profitable has that been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'm not sure about producing, but I've been using comercially bought biodiesel in my 96 2.8L turbo diesel Mitsi Pajero for several months now without too many problems.

It's a little bit thicker than normal diesel, but you can thin it out with any % of regular diesel or even a little bit (just a tiny bit) of unleaded petrol to get around that.

there's a thread floating around in the motors forum about it and also using straight vegetable oil mixed with diesel.

either way it's something you'll need to do some research on for your particular motor to be sure it'll work okay for you, as not all of them will.

your best bet is to find a forum for your particular car (there's got to be at least one for each and every make/model of car by now) and ask on there as they will be the people who can tell you 100% yes/no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

As a general rule french vehicles and stuff with a Lucas injection pumps don't go so well on biodiesel, although there are exceptions

Advertisement