Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did paper 2 go?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

I know it cant seem a good sign i was out at 12 but i was really happy..brilliant paper,Othello the exception.Questions werent great

poetry had it done by 9.50 flew through it had the answer in my head just wrote it down..2 1/2 pages for that..

3 for othello that was kinda meh..didnt use the best of language in it

comparative 5 pages theme issue dunno how i did in that

im really happy with poetry though..everyone shoulda really should have had at least one of them studied

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Which poets came up? Was the "leak" accurate? Just wondering....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Done Ordinary....

Loved it, couldnt have went more perfect

I only decieded to study Boland and Mahon....Mahon came up

Only studied Relasionships...relasionships came up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jay P wrote: »
    Which poets came up? Was the "leak" accurate? Just wondering....

No it was larkin donne,rich and mahon..same as my mock...the "leak" said two women poets..never likely..the tradition lives on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Everything was grand apart from that damned Othello question. I only wrote 2 pages for it. I was hoping for either Iago or Jealousy. Oh well, did grnad in the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I was really happy with the paper.

Only learned Larkin and Boland. So was more than happy to see Larkin appear. Had a perfect essay in my head and was done in fifteen minutes. I wrote 3 pages.

Othello was such a perfect question too. Got just over 3 pages done and took me about 25 minutes.

Pretty much waffled my way through comparative but think I did alright. Managed 3 pages.

• Advertisement

I was really happy with the paper.

Only learned Larkin and Boland. So was more than happy to see Larkin appear. Had a perfect essay in my head and was done in fifteen minutes. I wrote 3 pages..

same i was like wow..is this good or bad lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I'm So Happy With It!

I Was Majorly Worried And Then All My Stuff Came Up..

I Nearly Cried With Relief When I Saw Rich Was On it!

Four Pages For Each Question Made Me Happy.

No More Othello Ever Again!! Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I kind of felt guilty for knowing it so well. :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Everything was grand apart from that damned Othello question. I only wrote 2 pages for it. I was hoping for either Iago or Jealousy. Oh well, did grnad in the rest.

for othello question you should of just disagreed with statement and wrote how it was iago who caused tradgedy

Anyone else find theme or issue question horrible?, what exactly did it mean by viewpoints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Comparative: Super did 7 pages altogether
    Single Text : Death and Nightingales 6 pages
    Poetry: Thank God For Rich , got 4 really good RELEVANT pages and did 1.5 pages for unseen.....my hand is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Anyone else find theme or issue question horrible?, what exactly did it mean by viewpoints[/quote]

I think its just another way of how it was dealt with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Went awful. Probably a fail but paper 1 was great so it's okay. Just glad I'll never have to sit English paper 2 again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I'm so happy! Donne came up. Although, I did leave his question til last, wrote the last page and a half in about 2 minutes because I was just about out of time. Ah well, hopefully it was coherent! I thought the unseen poetry was nice enough.

The Othello question was fine, I thought - I did the 'weakness of judgement' essay.. Wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't bad.

I did the Comparative first to get it out of the way, that was okay too.

All in all, I'm happy I did reasonably, and I'm glad that it's over and that I never have to study English again!

theme/issue like poetry...you dont really have to change your answer it will apply to any question you may just have to tweak your opening paragraph or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Othello question: (i) Threw me at first, but disagreed with the question and got to use all my delicious Iago quotes :P Scored 4.5 pages.

Comparative: 2. Again, pretty fair, got 4.5 pages yet again, and also got a lot of comparisons/contrats in there to boot.

Unseen: A. Seemed to suit me better. Half a page more-or-less for either.

Poetry: 4. Adrienne Rich. Would have prefered Boland by miles, but knew her just as well, seeing as it was highly likely she'd make the paper.

Overal, I thought it was a fair paper. Maybe too predictable? I'm not saying that's a bad thing of course! :D

Well done to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

honestly i only studied John Donne (like i have mentioned on this site before) and i cant describe the relief which over came me at about 9.31 this morning....i thought the paper was very fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Just did the exam in start to finish format and tried to time it properly but was left stuck with 30 mins for poetry and fitted in 1 and a bit pages on Mahon...waffle of course:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Went alright but it was a nasty paper. Literary Genre was an absolutely disgusting question, they asked basically on one point. I'm really surprised that it was like that. I was lucky as I could twist most of my prepared points into the question but for some people who had prepared more technical points (narrative/flashbacks etc) I'd imagine it was a nightmare to have to twist them.

Rich - :) Happy Days.

Crucible - No John Proctor question straight? ****ers. Danforth mentioned in a question? ****ers. I had a page written on one of the questions and had to change to the other one.

Ah, all in all, while it was a nasty paper, I'm glad how it went. Hopefully that will be the one paper that was going to mess me up, as I had a feeling there'd be one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quite happy :) Human judgement for Othello, Theme/Issue and Larkin.

The lit genre question looked horrible :eek:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Comparative:Lit Genre! - Did 7 and a half pages altogether....read a sample answer of it mins before which stayed fresh in my head! :D

Single Text : Othello 5 and a half pages....easy enough!

Poetry: Thank god Philip Larkin came up- legend! 5 and a half pages! easy enough as well

Unseen: Did the A part with 2 questions......1 page on each....we never even did 1 unseen and it got 16/20 in the mocks....about the same again I'd say...

Hopefully thats enough for a B!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Donne:D My learnt essay was pretty relevant, lovely, about five pages
    Literary Genre :) Fine, I didnt really focus on one character though, got six or seven pages
    Unseen poem :pac: slightly depressing, but plenty to write nearly two pages
    Othello :rolleyes: meh, thought they could have done better, kind of a boring question, still got to five pages

Filled the book, got one extra page. I'm reasonably happy, looking forward to Maths now in the morning. Time to get into the meaty subjects:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My god. I couldnt have done better if i knew the test last year.

Othello: Dissagreed with the statement and threw out a flawless essay on how Iago brought tragedy. 4 pages.

Comparitive: Spanked it, did the theme one with key moments and did relationships. 4 pages.

Poerty: THANK GOD for Larkin. Perfect essay. 4 pages.

Unseen: Thought i did ok, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

Ino112 wrote: »
    Othello question: (i) Threw me at first, but disagreed with the question and got to use all my delicious Iago quotes :P Scored 4.5 pages.

Comparative: 2. Again, pretty fair, got 4.5 pages yet again, and also got a lot of comparisons/contrats in there to boot.

Unseen: A. Seemed to suit me better. Half a page more-or-less for either.

Poetry: 4. Adrienne Rich. Would have prefered Boland by miles, but knew her just as well, seeing as it was highly likely she'd make the paper.

Overal, I thought it was a fair paper. Maybe too predictable? I'm not saying that's a bad thing of course! :D

Well done to all!

:eek: I was going to do that but i wasn't sure if you were allowed i only got 1 page done, i would of done much much better :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Comparative: A beauty, 5 pages
    Othello: I just rephrased what they had asked in the quest, got 4 pages to the last line, that's two times better than the mocks!:D
    Poetry: OH WHY BOLAND?! WHY DIDN'T YOU APPEAR ON THAT PAPER. I didn't do too bad to remember quotes and stuff from Rich but couldn't remember the title for "Our Whole Life".

Not too bad, probably not as good as the mocks coz of paper 1 but I hope it isn't worse than my B3 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

5 pages for each! delighted! it was actually the PERFECT paper!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Thought it was pretty ok besides the Curcible question. Was delighted when i saw Mahon there. Had only learned him and Boland.

Got around 5 pages and a bit out of my Mahon answer so that was cool.

Lit Genre question was a bit off putting i thought. Did the second part of the question, thought it was tricky enough. Still managed about 5 pages though.

Crucible quesiton.
    WTF?
    Usually there's one character ques plus another one.
    Did the Danforth/Proctor one. Struggled to get 3 pages out of it. Mostly slated Danforth :pac:

Overall went well i think besides The Crucible bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

othello- did the foolishness of othello. was good enough 3 pages
    theme - just what I wanted did 4 pages and got my 5 points done well.
    unseen - HANDY
    studied poetry- Did larkin, not happy with it but it will do.

all in all I believe I done fine and now it's maths time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Disagreed with the statement for othello - 3 pages

Theme and issue - 4 pages

Poetry - rich - 3 pages

Alright paper. Could have been better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

My prediction was nearly right, with the exception of Boland, but Mahon came up!!! I actually called out when I got the paper and quickly flicked to the poetry section. "Mahon you legend!" Couldn't help it!

Maths and Geog tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sugarplum_fairy

Timans wrote: »
    Literary Genre was an absolutely disgusting question, they asked basically on one point. I'm really surprised that it was like that. I was lucky as I could twist most of my prepared points into the question but for some people who had prepared more technical points (narrative/flashbacks etc) I'd imagine it was a nightmare to have to twist them.

Really? i did the lit g, second question, talked all about the flashbacks etc that helped create the characters. now youre making me worried... got 6 pages anyway

what did people think of the unseen poem?
    i think there was a sigh of relief over the entire hall when people saw the list of poets, most people in my school were banking on rich. i did donne, lovely question, bout 5 pages.
    but couldn't remember the title for "Our Whole Life".
    ah yes, that happened to one of the girls in my hall, the examiner seemd somewhat unimpressed at her suggestion that she be allowed to ask someone else the name...

and the 2nd othello question, thought it was nice, very broad.

Advertisement