Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did paper 2 go?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

OMG i absolutly RAPED dat paper!!! :D:D:D:D

I studied Mahon....small bit on Boland....got to write like 5 pages on old Derek!! haha

Studied about how Iagos a prik....turned the answer around by disagreeing with the statement!!!

Literary genre with the charachters made it sooo much easier cos it gave like something to work to as opposed to like..."discuss literary genre in relation to 3 texts you have studied"!!!

BEST EXAM EVER!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

BJC wrote: »
    Did you have anopinion though, they like you to weigh up both sides of the argument but in the end side with one or the other.

Yeah, in the end I actually ended up siding more with a disagreement of the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

mars bar wrote: »
    That's f-l-u-e-n-t love...

It's OK.....as long as you can spell T-H-O-R-N-T-O-N-S

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

titan18 wrote: »
    How,as long as you back up the points you made.You'll get the marks

I had so much info about how Iago destroyed Othello but i wasn't sure you could disagree with the question and i only got 1 page of crap done instead of the 4 i would have got done had i disagreed :mad: I'm so stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

JamieK wrote: »
    OMG i absolutly RAPED dat paper!!! :D:D:D:D

I studied Mahon....small bit on Boland....got to write like 5 pages on old Derek!! haha

Studied about how Iagos a prik....turned the answer around by disagreeing with the statement!!!

Literary genre with the charachters made it sooo much easier cos it gave like something to work to as opposed to like..."discuss literary genre in relation to 3 texts you have studied"!!!

BEST EXAM EVER!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Jesus, if an imbred from Carrick could write off that paper with ease then it must be easy.

• Advertisement

Yeah, in the end I actually ended up siding more with a disagreement of the statement.

Score for you then, you probably did really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

It's clear that not much thought went into creating English Paper 2. The comparative questions were so badly phrased and the poetry questions were just not original. I had studied the unseen poem before. The question on the unseen poem mentions a father-son realtionship. There is no son mentioned in this poem. It could be a daughter.

Overall I was happy but kept comparing my Mahon essay to my mock essay in which i got 50 so I'm praying I got it right again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

alan4cult wrote: »
    It's clear that not much thought went into creating English Paper 2. The comparative questions were so badly phrased and the poetry questions were just not original. I had studied the unseen poem before. The question on the unseen poem mentions a father-son realtionship. There is no son mentioned in this poem. It could be a daughter.

Overall I was happy but kept comparing my Mahon essay to my mock essay in which i got 50 so I'm praying I got it right again.

The question said discuss the father son relationship....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Also it's written by a man. ;)

plawless wrote: »
    oh your so smart who needs points ive got a prenti- ship lined up 4 da summer anyway

I didn't know you needed to do a whole apprenticeship to be a binman. Is that with FAS?

• Advertisement

It could be a daughter.

"Robert Hayden"

MikeHunt08 wrote: »
    Jesus, if an imbred from Carrick could write off that paper with ease then it must be easy.

eh if you would kindly look to the hometown....5 miles AWAY from carrick....not my choice to live there.....you queer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I did the personal response part of the unseen poetry and I decided that the father was dead as the poem was in the past tense.

Anyone else say that or am I completely off the wall?

I did the personal response part of the unseen poetry and I decided that the father was dead as the poem was in the past tense.

It never said anything about death. I just thought it was written in the past because he was talking about his childhood.

"Robert Hayden"
    Apologies.

ye well do all binmans drive a merc slk 500:p losers

You will still fail at life and develop cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Did Mahon. Stupid mistake. Didnt even answer the part of about places.

Comparitive was nice. Probably felt better that the seedy shift plawless got of the girl. Although, he is bull sh*ting so its his own loss.

No they drive bin lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

It's a personal response, I don't think there's any real wrong answer. If you backed it up you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

did most do the weakness of judgment essay for othello?!

• Advertisement

No they drive bin lorries.

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

That paper was delish.

Did Rich, went really well. 5 pages.

Did the Heathcliff question on Wuthering Heights. Happy days. 4 pages.

Comparative was lovely. Gwan Theme or Issue. Deception in relation to Reality versus Fantasy. 6 pages.

LOVELY.

You will still fail at life and develop cancer.

harsh...but has me in the pisses laughing!!! hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

JamieK wrote: »
    eh if you would kindly look to the hometown....5 miles AWAY from carrick....not my choice to live there.....you queer!!!

Faugheen is not much better you filthy imbred inter family riding bastard!!

BUUUUUUUUUUULB!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

tabouli wrote: »
    It's a personal response, I don't think there's any real wrong answer. If you backed it up you'll be fine.

I don't think anything in the poem can back up "the poet's father is dead". At best you could say "X suggests that the father is dead".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

All the binmen in Ireland, or would you be talking on a continental basis or a global basis?? Ha ha, you probably cant understand what im saying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

piece of piss

No, but neither do/will you so I can still sleep at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

What a delicious paper!! Everything I wanted came up. So happy with it everyting I wanted came up!! I actually couldnt have made a better paper if they let me make it myself.

Single Text:
    I did the first Othello question (othello's foolishness). I agreed with the statement. It was perfect, Id be reading notes the night before on how unrealistic it is the we are expected to believe Othello the great general would be so naive. We also did an essay in class on Othello being the principle architect of his own downfall so was really well prepared for this. A solid 4 pages.

Comparative:
    Did theme/issue Q2 Key moments bring the theme sharply into focus. Went nice, use lots and lots of comparing/contrasting phrases, and about 10 quotes throught the whole thing too even tho you dont need them that much.
    4&1/2 pages

Unseen Poem:
    Nice poem did Q1 with the a and b parts. Talked how the dad does so much for his son, but is shown no love in return. 1&1/2 pages

Prescribed Poetry:
    The only ones I prepared was Mahon and Rich, and they bith came up!! How lucky! I did mahon as I prefere him and his was a nice question. Did people and places essay in class before too.
    Got three pages written but then ran out of time. I had another paragraph and a conclusion left to do. Not to worry Id say I got 25/50.

Overall 13 A4 pages. Cant believe the exam went so well.
    Id say i got 70% in paper I and about 75% there in paper II
    That averages me nicely in the B catogory id say :D

Never have to speak English again! Woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AlihandroHayes

I didnt rely answer the places part for mahon either.. wen it sed how does he explore places i kept picturin mahon as some sort of indiana jones character trawling through jungles!!

Advertisement