Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did paper 2 go?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I don't think anything in the poem can back up "the poet's father is dead". At best you could say "X suggests that the father is dead".
    "No one ever thanked him" suggest death and eternity i.e. It's too late to thank him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

plawless wrote: »
    cancer? bit harsh!not really a joking matter

Neither is the size of your writing...you know what they about people with big writting.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

No more English for the rest of our lives. This is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

MikeHunt08 wrote: »
    Faugheen is not much better you filthy imbred inter family riding bastard!!

BUUUUUUUUUUULB!!!!

hmmmm....frosty or mossy???

guessin mossy cos....like ur da nly one that says that....!!!

have fun...on your own there!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

How did people not answer the places part on Mahon like? All of his poems on the course were place centric. Rathlin, Disused Shed, After the Titanic, Antartica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Soby wrote: »
    Neither is the size of your writing...you know what they about big writting.....;)

A giant pencil...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

titan18 wrote: »
    I did the personal response part of the unseen poetry and I decided that the father was dead as the poem was in the past tense.

Anyone else say that or am I completely off the wall?
    I wrote the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciaranajl

Still, I see his/her point... just because it's a male poet it doesn't mean the speaker is male.

Yeah but its a general assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Going by some of the comments you'd wonder how some people get into the English exam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

hahaha nope not Mossy!!! This is your sniping buddy!!

Maths paper 1 Question 6 Ordinary level Leak!!!!
    part of it is...
    Whats the probabilty that plawless will be banned by the end of the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmccaff

yay paper 2 is over

no more english

*picture snipped

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

frostyyyyyy!!! wooo!! lol

how dya find it???? :P

A wide set vadge and a heavy flow? Slut

yeah, we were going to be nice about it.

Plawless will you just cop on, no one finds you funny. And your actually sad, although you'll probably be an old man before you realize that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

a wide set vadge and a heavy flow?slut

Its hard to believe you beat a million other sperm.

Back on topic lads...

So ye did anyone say like the father loves son warms the house and cleans his sons shoes but the son is also afraid to anger the father..i said its the fathers work that makes him angry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

its Spelt Realise In English
    no its spelt banned

GET A LIFE AND A BIRD U LOSER

WWW.PLAWLESSTUBE.COM SORT URSELF OUT

Plawless is actually a dedicated geography student who can in fact write in an acceptable font.....I love when jokes get out of hand, then they turn to trolls...then they get banned..:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Wrote more of less the same as you for the unseen one Soby.

Overall happy with the paper, thought the pre's were a touch easier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I feel kind of sorry for Plawless.
    He's like one of those guys you see a film about at about 3am on Network 2. You know, the poor boy, often fighting with his mother and father whos only real way of lightening up is to wander the streets late at night drunk.

Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

On the unseen poem regarding the father-son relationship, would elements such as the cold, detached words and lack of a regular rhyming scheme be a reason to say that the relationship was strained. No joy or happiness in the creation of it?

So ye did anyone say like the father loves son warms the house and cleans his sons shoes but the son is also afraid to anger the father..i said its the fathers work that makes him angry

I think that's a little bit out there. The mention of work I think was more for the reader to understand the sacrifices he makes for his family, even though he works hard all week he gets up first to warm the house, then shines the poets shoes (for mass). The mention of anger I believe is to show that Love is complicated snd never starightforward, you take the good with the bad.

Dont Mean 2 Worry U But The Poem Is Actually About Going To Mass. Read The Last Line

"What did I know, what did I know of love's austere and lonely offices?"

Dont Mean 2 Worry U But The Poem Is Actually About Going To Mass. Read The Last Line

??
    didnt the last line with the help of translations mean love is hard or something?? i forget the translations at the side...wasnt allowed bring my paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

Ahhh bulb it was fair easy! what about yourself how you get on??

??
    didnt the last line with the help of translations mean love is hard or something?? i forget the translations at the side...wasnt allowed bring my paper

Ignore him. He's just venting. Smile and nod. Just smile and nod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fearceol

i had about 10 mins to throw an answer together for the unseen,i said for Q1.cold relationship,dont get on together and Q2like the image of "cracked hands",i also said that "i can relate with this image as my hands are killin me after all that writing"!:rolleyes: hopefully he/she'll see the funny side:D

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote: »
    On the unseen poem regarding the father-son relationship, would elements such as the cold, detached words and lack of a regular rhyming scheme be a reason to say that the relationship was strained. No joy or happiness in the creation of it?

I like that, more original than the stuff the examiners will be used to correcting...like my answer :D
    If it's well backed up, you can't go wrong!

Advertisement