Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview Help!! (St Pauls CBC)

• 05-06-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I have an interview in St Pauls CBC on Northbrunswick St next week.. Its my first ever interview. Whats the school like? What should I know?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Know your subject and any developments happening in it. Know the current syllabus - is it one of the ones up for rebalancing?

'Brunner' is a Christian Brothers' school that takes many children from the local area as well as ones from further out. It is all boys. It's a good school and would give any new teacher the opportunity to be teaching at many different levels. Its numbers have dropped a bit in recent years but it still has a good reputation in the inner city.

I would imagine the interview will cover the usual things that all interviews cover. Developments in your subject, how to avoid discipline problems, what to do if you have a discipline problem, ways of teaching children who have trouble engaging with education, skills you can offer the school, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I went to brunner and my brother is doing his leaving there at the moment. MOD EDIT. What will you be teaching??

Mod - Please don't discuss the specifics of any particular school on boards.. that includes the merits or your opinions of the teaching staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

If you have any questions you would like to ask just ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Please do not discuss anything personal to this or any specific school. I'm tempted to close the thread as it is, so again, keep the advice general. Any specifics, negatives about teaching staff, etc. etc., and this thread will be locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Thanks guys for the replies. And sorry Trotter, I didn't mean to be too personal and I'm not looking for people to come on and dis the school or anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

sitstill wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the replies. And sorry Trotter, I didn't mean to be too personal and I'm not looking for people to come on and dis the school or anything

Its not you I'm worried about sitstill :)

I'm gonna lock this baby up. Feel free to open a new thread if you need general interview advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement