Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend (6,7,8/06/08)

• 05-06-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

6 Jun 2008 Athlone Town 7:45 Finn Harps Lissywoollen
    6 Jun 2008 Bohemians 7:30 Drogheda Town Dalymount Park
    6 Jun 2008 Derry City 7:45 Liffeys Pearse The Brandywell
    6 Jun 2008 Douglas Hall 7:45 Drogheda United Turner's Cross
    6 Jun 2008 Galway United 7:45 Waterford United Terryland Park
    6 Jun 2008 Limerick 37 7:45 Cork City Jackman Park
    6 Jun 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Longford Town Richmond Park
    6 Jun 2008 Sporting Fingal 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Morton Stadium
    6 Jun 2008 Monaghan United 8:00 UCD Kingspan Century Park
    6 Jun 2008 Shelbourne 8:00 Dundalk Tolka Park
    6 Jun 2008 Wexford Youths 8:00 Killester United Ferrycarrig Park
    7 Jun 2008 St Mary's 5:00 Wayside Celtic St Mary's Park
    7 Jun 2008 Kildare County 7:45 Fanad United Station Road
    7 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 7:30 Sligo Rovers Tolka Park
    8 Jun 2008 Everton v Carrick United Everton Park
    8 Jun 2008 Rockmount 2:00 Bray Wanderers Rockmount Park

Town will be up for it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tie of the round must be us against Dundalk?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Brennan brothers face one another in the Bohs D Town game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Trilla wrote: »
    Brennan brothers face one another in the Bohs D Town game
    For a neutral :p I'd say it'd be Shams v Rovers.
    Come on Rovers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SectionF wrote: »
    7 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Sligo Rovers Tolka Park

7:30 kick off for this one, SectionF.

stovelid wrote: »
    7:30 kick off for this one, SectionF.
    Thanks. Edited.
    I should, of course, credit RTE.ie with the listing, errors and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

come on bohs, beat the ****e of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Shels 3 Dundalk 0
    Max Cream hat trick!

event wrote: »
    come on bohs, beat the ****e of them
    Don't be like that. We can be nice and still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

v Sligo Rovers
    FAI Ford Cup, Second Round
    Tolka Park, Saturday June 7 (KO 7.30pm)
    Referee: A Buttimer

TEAM NEWS
    Shamrock Rovers' lengthy injury problems persist – but boss Pat Scully is optimistic that some of his sidelined players will be available for Saturday's FAI Ford Cup tie against Sligo Rovers.

Chris Mulhall (cartilage), John Martin (hip), Robbie Creevy (ankle) and Pat Flynn (ankle/suspended) are all out, but the five other injured players could possibly be fit to play.

"Aidan Price (calf), Stephen Rice (ligament) and Darren Stapleton (thigh) are doubtful, while we're hopeful Ger O'Brien (back and hamstring) and Dessie Baker (thigh) will make it," says Scully.

"Darragh Maguire and Barry Murphy, both suffering recently from a stomach bug, should be fine – but we won't make a call on the other lads until just before the game on Saturday."

SCULLY SAYS ….

Pat Scully's thoughts about:

Last Friday's 1-0 defeat against Bray Wanderers
    "We were sloppy, and it summed up the last 7-8 weeks. We created plenty of chances, they had two, but we squandered our opportunities while they got a wicked deflection to win the game.

"We're in a cycle where we're doing the same things again and again so we need to focus and concentrate on learning. We aren't getting any luck – but we need to start taking our chances.

"Although our form has been poor, the fans haven't reacted negatively. I believe that's because they respect the players. But we got ourselves into this situation – it's up to us to get out of it."

Saturday's FAI Ford Cup game against Sligo Rovers
    "It's always tough against Sligo – games between us tend be tight and it's important that our players focus on their own performances. We need to forget about league form for this game.

"The most important thing for us is to get into the next round of the Cup, and in order to do that we need to perform at the level we know we're capable of, and be confident in our play."

Hard to see any of the Premier division sides except for Sligo not being in the pot next week.

Game of the round should be Shels and Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

7 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 7:30 Sligo Rovers Tolka Park

2-0 to the Hoops. Sooner or later I'm bound to get a prediction right! We then have the break to rest players and reduce our injury list and get back to winning in the league.

"But we got ourselves into this situation – it's up to us to get out of it." Dam right Scully - now lets get on with it!

Hard to see any of the Premier division sides except for Sligo not being in the pot next week.
    Doesn't make sense. If that's true of Sligo, then it's not hard to see Shams out of the pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

couldnt be arsed to go to limerick tonight, so i'll be taking in douglas hall and drogheda at turners cross.

drogheda will be far too strong for hall, but, ya know, the magic of the cup and various other cliches....

city should beat limerick, but it depends on which city turns up, the city from the last 20 minutes in the brandywell, or the city from most of the game in the brandywell..

Doesn't make sense. If that's true of Sligo, then it's not hard to see Shams out of the pot.

Is that some form of attempt at bozo logic? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liffeys Pearse players are out and about enjoying the sights of Derry.

Is that some form of attempt at bozo logic? :confused:
    You seem upset. I'm just pointing out the absence of logic from yours. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hopefully a win tonight.

I'm not into all this crap about being "the league being priority, to hell with the cup".

4 extra cup games won't do us any harm. ;)

3-0 to Bohs. Town's keeper played a blinder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Went to see Drogs play Douglas Hall at Turners Cross. As easy a win Drogs will ever have against a team not managed by Alan Mathews.

Interestingly, or pathetically - whichever way you look at it, the Drogs fans songs last night were all either about George O Callaghan or Cork City. The most obsessed bunch I have ever come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Any truth to the mutterings I heard that his name is Gabrielle Sabatini? :confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Ref was shocking for Shels-Dundalk.
    Keddy was an asrehole whit what he done. Dundalk fella running with the ball so he punches it away.
    Didn't see the sending off.
    But as said before ref was shockin and the linesman wasn't far behind.

Pigman II wrote: »
    Any truth to the mutterings I heard that his name is Gabrielle Sabatini? :confused::D
    My command of Spanish is not what it should be, but I think that RTE.ie gave him a sex change, and that he should in fact be Gabriel Sabbatini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hoops beat Sligo 2-1.

Not a great gate, considering the weather. Sligo down to 10 men quite early on as Butler got sent off. Hoop's goals from Amond and Price. Looked like the latter scored with his face. :D We could have had another when Purcell tried to walk the ball in after a gift of a keeper clearance.

Two great saves: Murphy half way through second half and the Sligo keeper to deny Podge literally in the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

stovelid wrote: »
    Hoops beat Sligo 2-1.

Well I got the 2 goals for the hoops right anyway!

Winning games in the Cup - now that's more like Rovers!

2559027023_42cfbd6b0d.jpg

how did a wee african chap do for drogheda town, paul matondo?

did he play well?

event wrote: »
    how did a wee african chap do for drogheda town, paul matondo?
    did he play well?
    Thought he was quite good. One of their busier players, and got in and around the Bohs area a couple of times when they broke out. Hard to assess, though, as it was very much one-way traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Decent bit of skill on him, a bit lightweight maybe, Owen Heary made had him in his pocket.

ah thats grand

he used to play with us, we were his first club in the MDL as well as a school team
    he only started playing about 4 or 5 years ago, when he came to ireland. i played wiht him a few times, was just wondering how he got on. He is quite skillful but not always an end product. cheers lads

Advertisement