Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brulees or Market Square Brasserie?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Which or the above would you suggest for a slap up meal for a couple in their 20's?? Or, is there somethign better?

Cheers,
    Tom

Which Restaurant?? 14 votes

Brulees
    0% 0 votes
    Market Square Brasserie
    28% 4 votes
    Other
    71% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I've always prefered the Market Square... both excellent places... not cheap though but worth it for the odd special night out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

Where is brulees?Must check it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

They are both excellent places, but I do prefer the Market Square.
    Swindon wrote: »
    Where is brulees?Must check it out...

It's at the corner of Mallow st and Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Didn't vote as I have not eaten at either place yet myself but I have heard both places are excellent. I have been told that the portions in Brulees are a little on the small side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Never tried the Market Square but Brulées is AWESOME!
    One of Limerick's only proper restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

people voting for other, could u suggest where u are talking about?

I voted market square, GREAT restaurant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi, I'd like to suggest Freddys Bistro on Theatre Lane on Lower Glentworth St. better wine list & menu i think. Its in the same price bracket but i think you get more bang for your buck. Ive eaten in Brulees on 3 occasions and while the food is good, its not anything special & the service can be poor also.Market Sq is very nice also great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to suggest Freddys Bistro on Theatre Lane on Lower Glentworth St. better wine list & menu i think.

Nooooo....went there about a month ago for a Early Bird. Complete disaster. Wine warm, rude waiter, bad food. It was like the staff resented being in ealry. I will never again go there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Neither TBH. Overpriced in both cases. But if your hellbent on goin to one or the other, I would say Brulees. Service and setting is quite good.
    People should really starting differentiating between price and quality.

Why not try something different, like an indian or thai? Poppadom is one of the finest restaurants in this city imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Why not try something different, like an indian or thai? Poppadom is one of the finest restaurants in this city imho.

The only thing I find with Indians/Thai's/Chinese is that they are very quick - you never feel like you have had a 'night out'! On my last visit to Jasmine Palace the mains arrive 5 mins after ordering!

Any suggestions for other non-ethnioc restaurants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

not in the city centre but penz out in raheen above cloughhessys bar is excellent.. food is lovely, staff are good and no rush for you to leave when your done.. pub downstairs.. been there a few times with not one complaint..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Check out their ratings and reviews on menupages.ie
    Might give you a better idea of what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

The only thing I find with Indians/Thai's/Chinese is that they are very quick - you never feel like you have had a 'night out'! On my last visit to Jasmine Palace the mains arrive 5 mins after ordering!

Any suggestions for other non-ethnioc restaurants?

If you are fond of seafood I would definitely recommend Gallaghers in Bunratty, has a great selection always beautifully presented. Not limited to fish as they a range of redmeats like steak/lamb etc. Delicious homemade bread also! A real treat tbh.

Advertisement