Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KIA Ceed: is it worth it?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was thinking of buying a Kia pro-ceed (3 door). I dont know anybody with one and so I am asking if anyone here has one or has any experience of one or Kia in general. I am going back to college in 2 years time so I need something that wont cost the earth and the 7 year warranty gives peace of mind (in theory).

Thanks
    JJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're good value, 5 star safety, and pretty good looking, they're doing 0% finance too I think. a car to keep for a long time I reckon, rather than one to trade in within 3 or 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, because of the badge you probably won't get great trade in/private sale prices but by all accounts its a good car. Can't argue much with the 7 year warranty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The reviews have been very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

A friend has a C'eed diesel and I was really impressed. I think it's the EX spec has half-leather etc.

If I was in the market for that type of car it would at, or near, the top of the list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

I've been driving one for a few weeks as a company car, really impressed, drove a focus for a while and its a way better car, even the feeling of quality in it is more impressive. Great engine too, i've driven the diesel and the petrol, they walk all over the competitors. Gets my vote

I don't really agree with the others saying you would hold on to it for longer than normal, in theory the transferable warranty should give the next customer piece of mind as well as the garage you are trading it to, because they don't have to provide a warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah the warranty would be transferrable, the problem is the badge snobs. Many people won't even consider it because its a Kia.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

My wife has a 5 Door EX model and its just been for its 22k mile service, no troubles whatsoever, lovely car to drive, better than a new focus she used to drive also.

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I was in one 2 weeks ago, a fairly long taxi journey home (5 door hatch) and we chatted about the car for the whole journey, I have to say I was very impressed, the taxi driver loved it, only bummer for him with the warranty is that there is a KM limit on it so he'll only get the benefit of 2 years of the warranty. Solid, decent diesel (1.6 i think) engine, fairly loaded with extras, trim and plastics felt good. Only thing was the fuel consumption seemed high, unless the trip computer was faulty in or around 28/30 Mpg (seems way off what it should) and he wasn't a particularly hard driver by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Come to think of it I think I read they weren't very efficient alright but 28/30 mpg is fairly crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

The 1.6 diesel is a decent car that i would reccomend to anyone.
    It should get a decent price drop due to the new VRT changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Id be happy with 30 MPG at the min! Im getting around 24MPG at the min (Im not driving a pro_ceed).

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

From the ads on tv its a really good looking car, nice shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

It gets great reviews in all the car mags and the seven year warranty has to say something for its projected reliability. I think it looks great too, and the quality appears to be as good as any other in that sector.

As for the badge snobbery, when the recession their promising us come's (if it does), all the overpriced cars with desirable badges will not be worth any more as the market will be flooded with repocessed cars that the fiance companies and banks can't shift, while the snob's who bought them take the bus.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Full July prices for KIA(and several other makes) are available in the appropriate links in my sig;)!

Give KIA a few more years of building critically acclaimed cars and they will start to hold their value better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Check and see if the 7 year warranty covers everything........I think i may only be the engine and gearbox up to 7 years after 3 etc.

I have a Kia jeep.........a sorrento........uber reliable, good value for money and is well built. Kia are ok in my book.........decent metal for a low layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eoghanflynn

i work in a kia garage, any questions you have i'd be happy to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

residuals wouldn't worry me at all because even a focus is getting a crappy enough trade in at moment and the 3 door EX looks the absolute bees knees with the standard 17" alloys and bumpers. Reviews are great.
    Eoghan, what are parts prices like as thats a complaint I heard regarding hyundai that they catch you on service price etc? What does the warranty breakdown look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

average service costs for a ceed is €250 including, only warranty work carried out on ceed was a batch of radios had problems, but replaced under warranty,

Great car, warranty is bumper to bumper for 5 years parts and labour, major components for the remaining 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

250 seem steep, my focus in main dealer is usually 100-120 for 3 services so far which was oil change and filter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Parents have a 08 Pro-ceed 1.6 diesel EX and its a little cracker. They love it. My dad's a real petrol head (he's on his 27th new car!!) and he loves it. They got it to downsize from the larger saloons and 4X4's they usually get and he thinks its one of the best cars he's ever had. Looks great and drives even better...couldn't recommend it more.

Advertisement