Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got predictions for Geography??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Soby wrote: »
    With tomorrow being my first full day im just dreading the smell of arse after lunch with everyone playing football

ew haha! :pac:

its also my first full day
    now its 9.15pm and i STILL haven't started learning the whole geog course!

*fingers crossed the project i wrote was brilliant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I got d3 in Mock...but did field study this time. I need an honour in this so i'm screwed if i feck up!

If you got all the short q's and field study correct would that add up to an honour? Is an honour 55%? I forget ugh:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nope i think it be about 40-45%...no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I've loads to do too but im going over Biomes now, then a quick scan over Physical which hopefully won't be too foreign to me and then of course gonna make notes on Ireland, India and the Mezz under primary, sec, and tertiary.

Remember, most of us probably have at least 15% already with our field study!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Class!!! Didn't realise there was so much in it!

• Advertisement

i don't even know the structure of the paper
    and it's tomorrow!
    that's how unprepared i am!

how much info do we need?

*20 mark- half a page?
    *30mark - 1page?

30 mark go for about 9/10 srps...1 srp is usally a line or so

so would 4 paragraphs on each heading in the biome essay be cool?

mattfender wrote: »
    so would 4 paragraphs on each heading in the biome essay be cool?

How long should that be actually?

30 mark go for about 9/10 srps...1 srp is usally a line or so

cool
    well im defo gona be making up my own srps :D

im off,
    to look at EVERYTHING
    or tv... i haven't decided yet :cool::cool:

• Advertisement

its 80 marks...so over a page i'd say! Mind you I never wrote the full essay ever only wrote a half page in mock! still dont know it ha!

mattfender wrote: »
    its 80 marks...so over a page i'd say! Mind you I never wrote the full essay ever only wrote a half page in mock! still dont know it ha!

I lost my mock but i'm fairly sure i broke the 2 page mark!

Id advice you all to do your global.inter first (or what ever your doing) then maybe 1 other question then do short questions as a kinda break for yourself then plough into the rest..time is short in geography...dont go over 1/2 hour a question!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

can brazil be used instead of india as a sub-continental region. also what headings should be used for the sub continental region?

Id advice you all to do your global.inter first (or what ever your doing) then maybe 1 other question then do short questions as a kinda break for yourself then plough into the rest..time is short in geography...dont go over 1/2 hour a question!!!

Thats per whole question!! That means like 8-9 mins per part (a,b,c) what a pain in the hole!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Two pages definately wouldn't be enough for the biome question. 3 at a minimum. 24 SRP's needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Is the Desert Biome on the course this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Lets say I got 15% in my project. How many marks would i need to get a d1. If I got the short questions and the biome and one of them graph questions right would that be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

Is the Desert Biome on the course this year?

Well of course it is... if a question on Biomes comes up, you use your desert biome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

Yggdrasill wrote: »
    Lets say I got 15% in my project. How many marks would i need to get a d1. If I got the short questions and the biome and one of them graph questions right would that be enough.

Should be, but make sure you at least ATTEMPT all the questions you can... and you should pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Glydeside white

Three words. (ahem) I AM ****ED!!!!!!!!!!!! totally under-estimated this crap, now im facing the entire course in one night, head down time:mad:

Advertisement