Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Morning

Options
  • 05-06-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Right, let's make it official. Boards meet up 6.30 at the Sports Hall in UCD. You'll know me by my nervousness, large holes in my ears, and cap with 'TinyExplosions' on it. Aim to leave shortly before 7.

Who's up for it?

Tom (or anyone else), you want to meet closer to town and cycle out to UCD together, or are you getting a lift?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm in. lets say the steps of the sports hall, to narrow down the location a bit more cos it's a pretty big building and there'll be loads of people milling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

i'll be there in my brand new boards.ie jersey

...i will won't I Tiny??:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im afraid i cant go until 7 or so. I'm meeting people at the college at 7 and hoping to be set off for half. What needs to be done on the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bambaata wrote: »
    Im afraid i cant go until 7 or so. I'm meeting people at the college at 7 and hoping to be set off for half. What needs to be done on the morning?

You get your card scanned and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

There will probably be a queue to get cards scanned due to the amount of cyclists involved - allow enough time for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

There will probably be a queue to get cards scanned due to the amount of cyclists involved - allow enough time for it before you head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

6:30 at the steps. See you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Harpz wrote: »
    i'll be there in my brand new boards.ie jersey

...i will won't I Tiny??:o

I'm still hopefull Harpz!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

yeah i'm all for strength in numbers. Tiny, if you're cycling out to ucd i could meet you in town if you like, or harold's x or whatever.

niceonetom wrote: »
    yeah i'm all for strength in numbers. Tiny, if you're cycling out to ucd i could meet you in town if you like, or harold's x or whatever.

Cool. If we're heading to UCD, best to meet at the corner of Kevin St and Patrick St -outside the Spar at 6? should be early enough to get out there and warmed up nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Right, let's make it official. Boards meet up 6.30 at the Sports Hall in UCD. You'll know me by my nervousness, large holes in my ears, and cap with 'TinyExplosions' on it. Aim to leave shortly before 7.

Who's up for it?

Tom (or anyone else), you want to meet closer to town and cycle out to UCD together, or are you getting a lift?
    I'll give 6.30 a go- is this to get to UCD or are you planning on leaving at that time? Tiny- you know you have to wear a helmet over that cap? (The W200 is my helmet's annual excursion that it looks forward to all year.)

blorg wrote: »
    I'll give 6.30 a go- is this to get to UCD or are you planning on leaving at that time? Tiny- you know you have to wear a helmet over that cap? (The W200 is my helmet's annual excursion that it looks forward to all year.)

Meet at 6.30, in order to get our card swiped and on the road by 7.

I know I'll be wearing a helmet, but not while standing at the steps waiting for you guys :)

Oh, and to really make me stand out, I'll most likely be in my pink fat cyclist jersey too

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I'll be there, just don't expect me to be much of a conversationalist at that time of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Meet at 6.30, in order to get our card swiped and on the road by 7.

I know I'll be wearing a helmet, but not while standing at the steps waiting for you guys :)

Oh, and to really make me stand out, I'll most likely be in my pink fat cyclist jersey too

Sounds like your confidence in delivery is waning

dub_skav wrote: »
    Sounds like your confidence in delivery is waning

No, I've decided to do it in the fat cyclist jersey out of support for his wife, who's terminally ill with cancer -I'll be in my boards shorts and socks! :)

RtD wrote: »
    I'll be there, just don't expect me to be much of a conversationalist at that time of the morning.

I'll expect you to still be half cut, and so very chatty :D

RtD wrote: »
    We'll be testing the contents of your "water" bottles just in case you forget to put vodka in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is it wrong to go out the night before the wicklow 200, or just really stupid? Hopefully I'll see you guys there, I'll be on my oversized Giant dressed in a lot of blue unless the jerseys come through.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is it wrong to go out the night before the wicklow 200, or just really stupid? Hopefully I'll see you guys there, I'll be on my oversized Giant dressed in a lot of blue unless the jerseys come through.

What are you planning on doing?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It won't help; personally I'd advise against it. I've done 100km+ the morning after relatively heavy drinking and it does sort of sober you up sharpish, but I definately feel that I would be going better had I not drank anything the previous night. Similarly with the sleep- even if you get only a little (and I have managed with 4) the event will sort of carry you through it but I'd feel better having been well rested.

A drink or two Saturday would be fine though personally I plan no drink on Saturday and in bed by 11 (which will probably mean bed by 1am based on past performance ;-).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »
    What are you planning on doing?

A friend is coming back from london and has planned a get together, which generally means crazy night out in town. I've already put myself down as a no, but i was tempted to head out for a bit, no drinking of course.

No harm in heading out for a bit and not drinking but I'd try to get to bed early, you'll appreciate it when the alarm goes off at 5:30am or whenever ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Cool. If we're heading to UCD, best to meet at the corner of Kevin St and Patrick St -outside the Spar at 6? should be early enough to get out there and warmed up nicely

see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

is it the start time at 7am, compulsory?
    i mean, does people doing the 100km has to be that early too?
    i reckon that if somebody doing the 100 starts at 7 or 7.30,would be back the latest at 1pm.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

erizo wrote: »
    is it the start time at 7am, compulsory?
    i mean, does people doing the 100km has to be that early too?
    i reckon that if somebody doing the 100 starts at 7 or 7.30,would be back the latest at 1pm.
    You can start anytime you want between 6am and 8am.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll see you guys there at 6:30. I'll probably arrive a little earlier than that, as it seems as if I'm one of the unlucky few who didn't get their entry packs in the post and I'll have to sort that out first.

Does anyone know if the clonskeagh gates will be open to cyclists to get in at that time? I couldn't be arsed going all the way around to get there. Suppose I can just lift the bike over and climb if necessary...

kenmc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the clonskeagh gates will be open to cyclists to get in at that time? I couldn't be arsed going all the way around to get there. Suppose I can just lift the bike over and climb if necessary...

Pedestrian part will be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Here's a wee tip... bring safety pins with you to pin your number on your back.

• Advertisement

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Here's a wee tip... bring safety pins with you to pin your number on your back.

...and pin it over your rear pockets, not half way up your back :)

Advertisement