Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Morning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ha I spent ages trying to peel the backing off the 'sticker' only to discover that it's not a sticker! DOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I sewed it on last year. Safety pins might be a bit easier all right ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Hope to be there. Only know dub skav, but will be interesting to put faces to usernames!:D Jesus Tiny,how big are those holes in your ears?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

sy wrote: »
    Hope to be there. Only know dub skav, but will be interesting to put faces to usernames!:D Jesus Tiny,how big are those holes in your ears?!:eek:

Pretty big -whistle in the wind at 50kph too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

jesus - i just woke up in a bit of a lather -convinced that this was the big day, that i was hungover, that my bike was in tiny pieces in the shed, that i'd spent the last six months smoking galloise and eating ice-cream, and that all my cycling gear was in the wash.

the fear has arrived.

i'm fairly sure that the cautious optimism will be back presently, but that was wierd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Good luck with anyway.Hopefully I get to join next year. Stuck in Israel at the minute away from my bikes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'll be looking out for Boards jerseys, shall drop over to say hello.

Plan to be there about 6am, soak up the atmosphere, look at the bikes......people watching.

Plan to go around with my brother this time. He did the 100 last year so it's new territory for him. Will be taking it easy.

See you all.

Now, another three pints of water. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Best of luck to ye all, hope the weather is sunny but not too hot for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/events/story.asp?EID=5329
    Wicklow 200 - 8 June, 7am

Starts at UCD

The Wicklow 200 cycle takes place on Sunday 8th June starting out at UCD and progressing through the Wicklow Mts. Cyclists will assemble at UCD from 6am. 1500 cyclists will take part in the cycle and motorists. Motorists are asked to be patient if caught behind cyclists.

The Wicklow 200 will start at UCD moving down the N11 to Enniskerry, Glencree, Sally’s Gap, onto the Wicklow Gap, Kiltegan, Rathdrum, Roundwood and back to UCD Cyclists will use the N11, the N81 and many local roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nerves are starting to kick in big time now, hope I'll be able to sleep!

• Advertisement

Cheeky I know, but I don't want to haul my DSLR around the 200 :) If anyone is getting a lift out to UCD or something, could they bring a camera to take a snap of us in our gear -to send to Carvalho, and just cos it'd be nice to have! I'll have my n95 which can take pics if need be, but a proper camera would be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'd never heard of the Wicklow 200 until my mate rang me yesterday and asked if I'd be on for it. Naturally I don't have an entry due to the late notice but he's saying I should just show up and do it cos it's all on public roads.

What's the etiquette on that - does it seem outta order or fair enough and will there be plenty of people doing the same? Of course I wouldn't avail of any services or food put on for paying participants. All is surprisingly quiet on the forum at www.wicklow200.ie.

I'd only be on for doing the 100, not the 200 at this stage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Best of look to all taking part. Hope the weather's good and all that.
    I'm not cycling these days but I might just drive the course tomorrow to remind me what I'm missing. If you see a big blue people carrier don't be scared.

Go n-eiri an bothar leat.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Cheeky I know, but I don't want to haul my DSLR around the 200 :) If anyone is getting a lift out to UCD or something, could they bring a camera to take a snap of us in our gear -to send to Carvalho, and just cos it'd be nice to have! I'll have my n95 which can take pics if need be, but a proper camera would be better :)

I'm bringin a camera too, very important part of the cyclist's kit! It's crap before u ask, but I was wondering if we could line up for a shot of all the boardsies either before or after the event. Before is probably more convenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Good luck to all the Boards lads, might see you at some point, will be cycling the 200 with my buddy from Portsmouth. We'll have bright yellow 'Blazing Saddles' jerseys. Hope we all get the weather we deserve....

What's the etiquette on that - does it seem outta order or fair enough and will there be plenty of people doing the same? Of course I wouldn't avail of any services or food put on for paying participants.
    As you say, it's public roads, if you are not availing of the services I'd say go for it. You won't be the only one.

I'll also be bringing a camera, small little Optio S10.

Cool, a pic o everyone at the start would be great -i'm just wishing i hadn't been lured to the pub -3 pints is my limit tonight though!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Maybe this will bring a smile to your faces...

(met eireann latest)
    Sunday will be cloudy in the west and northwest, with some rain or drizzle. Elsewhere, early low cloud and any drizzle will clear and spells of warm hazy sunshine will develop in the afternoon. Winds will be light to moderate, mainly southwest to south; highest temperatures 17 to 22 degrees.

Good luck all and safe journey. I only live literally around the corner from UCD so might pop up and do some of the route in the morning. Not back training long enough to try the whole lot.

coffee.jpg

Good day out, weather held up, well done all!

Started a bit late but still met a fair few boardsies out there. Stuck in a bunch as far as possible on the flats which made it a hell of a lot easier than last year. Thanks to everyone who gave me a tow, hope I repaid sufficiently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Cadex wrote: »
    Good luck to all the Boards lads, might see you at some point, will be cycling the 200 with my buddy from Portsmouth. We'll have bright yellow 'Blazing Saddles' jerseys. Hope we all get the weather we deserve....

did we meet ye at the stop in Rathdrum - I had a boards jersy , the other guys were wearing a Discovery and a Banesto

Advertisement