Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 year licence

Options
  • 05-06-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

As above lads is it commencing this year august 2008 or next august 2009. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Next year. They have to bolt on some more bits to Pulse first.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

rrpc wrote: »
    Next year. They have to bolt on some more bits to Pulse first.

Thanks for that rrpc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

The men in suits probably want time to get their restricted list up and running.
    I imagine that it would be a night mare to have restricted firearms out in the public domain for the next 3 years and then having the doj trying to retract firearms 3 years down the line.
    It would make sense to have all this reform become active in one season. I would hope that reloading will be here by 2009 but i would think it impossible to see it on the horizon before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

The men in suits probably want time to get their restricted list up and running.
    I imagine that it would be a night mare to have restricted firearms out in the public domain for the next 3 years and then having the doj trying to retract firearms 3 years down the line.

Why would they retract them? How many times does it need to be said that restricted does not equal prohibited!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Well thats a good point....... but the possibility remains..

But why bother bring in such legislation at all? I would assume that they do intend to remove some firearms at the point of re-licencing... Only time will truly tell.

But i accept your point entirely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Refusing restricted licences has got a little more difficult in light of O'Leary V Maher.

The test now is as per the firearms act. Calibre and style of firearm can only be refused if the person does not have good reason for owning it. As it should be.

Advertisement