Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPhone GPS and Nuvifone

Options
  • 05-06-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was just wondering if people here are excited about the upcoming Nuvifone or the new iPhone will MAY have proper gps built into it according to several sources.

I already have a Nuvi 310 and I like the look of the nuvifone. Cannot wait until both are released to see which one I will buy. Definitly getting one of them !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭MacBuster

The new iphone wont have gps as thought before it will simply have 3G/HSDPA but not much else from the previous, this is according to iClarified hopefully they are wrong..

The Nuviphone looks like a winner with me, roll on september ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry, not turned on by the iPhone though great credit due to Apple for the fuss they managed to kick up over it's launch, reminded me of the launch of Windows 95 way back when.

For my money I am more than happy with my Nokia E51 and my Globalsat BT368 GPS Bluetooth receiver. The E51 is far more compact than an iPhone and already has 3G and Wi-Fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

thegoth wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was just wondering if people here are excited about the upcoming Nuvifone or the new iPhone will MAY have proper gps built into it according to several sources.

I already have a Nuvi 310 and I like the look of the nuvifone. Cannot wait until both are released to see which one I will buy. Definitly getting one of them !!

Can never understand this tbh.
    HTC and the XDAs have been doing proper GPS in their handsets for the past 2 years or so (along with HSDPA, wifi etc etc).
    So apart from the iphone's great UI, it's already 2 years behind those devices (that's if it will have GPS at all).

Why don't you just get one of those.

The Nuvifone will be Garmin's first foray into mobile telephony AFAIK so how accomplished will it be tbh.

If you're willing to put up with the 4gb internal storage, the HTC Diamond looks like one of the best new devices with proper GPS at the moment.
    Otherwise something like the XDA Orbit 2/HTC touch-Cruise with proper GPS is more than adequate.

There's always of course the N95/N96 but the GPS is hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭MacBuster

Just a heads up there is actually GPS :

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1304

Advertisement