Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus

Options
  • 05-06-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Is anyone else having problems appling for campus? It says they are having technical difficulties or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I am too. I'm going into final year engineering. I asked the accommodation officer and he said that it was due to the fact that some courses haven't gotten around to saying that we are final years now and can apply for campus. Either way I think its across the board for final years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

I am going into final year and i applied for on campus a few days ago. Didnt have any problems at all. really hope i get on.
    The choices i got were glenomena 38 weeks, glenomena 53 weeks or proby house 38 weeks and proby 53 weeks. Dont know why they give me proby cause i do science! Why would i want to live in blackrock???

Is roebuck not for final years??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

No roebuck is for first years and erasmus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

had no problems applying and paying the deposit. live in derry so i presume im pretty much garanteed a place right!? looks like ill be joining you in Glenomena Pharm

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I don't think I'd like to live on campus. I'd prefer the freedom of my "own" place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ali24

Just wondering if anyone has had an offer yet? I applied for Glenomena 52 wks or whatever it is, I'm a postgrad and from Waterford so really hope I get it - but they seem to be a bit slow to let me know....

I rang today and they said that they'd be out at the end of July... bleh annoying!

Really, the end of July??!! That's ages away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Of course it is, most postgrads won't get accepted into their courses until then and it'd hardly be fair to fill the campus with those whose courses are more prompt at the expense of others when the spaces that are left will invariably be filled by undergraduates.

The whole thing is far more complicated than it appears or needs to be. But that's what you get when things are more about politics than actually doing the job. Then the people on the ground get the flak.

I pity the people in the accommodation offices, they do so much work and receive no thanks for the lengths they go to for people.

Blush 01, that's a good point I didn't think of it like that - I presumed postgrads had been accepted by now... it makes more sense now, thanks!

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Of course it is, most postgrads won't get accepted into their courses until then and it'd hardly be fair to fill the campus with those whose courses are more prompt at the expense of others when the spaces that are left will invariably be filled by undergraduates.

From http://www.ucd.ie/residences/allocation.html

Final Year Students
    Postgraduates:

Wouldn't it make sense to fill those 287 positions sooner rather then later?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Do you think that they would leave empty spaces in accommodation simply because a student was an undergraduate as opposed to a postgrad? I'm not talking about the designation within the accommodation, I'm talking about the undesignated spaces undergraduates get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I applied to live in glenomena 52 weeks. woo! hopefully i'll get on.

Advertisement