Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC History

Options
  • 05-06-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Does anyone have any predictions for honurs history next wednesday?
    I'm bricking it so any help would be great thank u!

xx:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

LBJ & the Vietnam war

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

One of the three dictators (Mussolini, Stalin and Hitler)
    Cultural Nationalism
    Cumann na nGaedhal government after the War.
    The "Emergency"
    Something about Parnell...

and the Document q's...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Montgomery Bus Boycott
    Economy from 73 to 89 in Ireland
    Treaty
    CnaG economy
    EEC
    Something on Cold War will definately come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fearceol

This is what im hopin for my topics:

1 Document: either Johnson(likely) or Montgomery

2 Irish(early 20thC): Sinn Fein and 1918election, The Treaty, Economic Policies(Fianna Fail)

3 Irish(Northern): Coleraine,Brokeborough,

4 Europe: Show trials, Mussolini's Rise to power, Church State relations in Italy

Any Opinions?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why does everyone think Johnson and Vietnam is likely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Documents is pure pot luck.

Dictatorship&Democracy -

Anglo-American Popular Culture during inter war period

Technology of Warfare

Nazis (perhaps propaganda or how hitler consolidated power)

Stalin (show trials etc.

French (hate it :D)

I'm only in 5th year so can't help you with the Irish but that's what my teacher has predicted and her son is doing the exam :)

i guess because theres a lot you can write on the subject! although i heard somewhere that it was the anniversary for Montgomery boycott or sumtin so cud go either way! as for moonlanding,we never covered it in class so pray it wont show! its a stupid question anyway,i had a quick read over it and its all technological so........

thanks ,jeez i wish i was that focused in 5th year!:D makin up for all my dossin now so i am ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

fearceol wrote: »
    thanks ,jeez i wish i was that focused in 5th year!:D makin up for all my dossin now so i am ;D
    I didn't say I know any of it :D

But I know a good bit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

The moon landing is easy stuff, just remember a few details about the trip, the astronauts names, yada yada.

Ohhh and the russians beat them first in a rocket called Sputnik :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I'm not even thinking about history til the weekend. Then it will be major cramming, esp. the euro. history. Praying for showtrials/ church state :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I used to love history up till 5th year. Now I hate it with a passion. The LC history course is so bad. Serious cramming going to have to be done........come on Parnell, mussolini and War of Independece. You might re-kindle my love of history!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

God I HATE Parnell...I hope he doesn't come up. Cultural Nationalism or the Strike and Lockout for me I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Ive a feeling this exam is going to make me cry a little inside when I look at the paper next Wednesday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Ive a feeling this exam is going to make me cry a little inside when I look at the paper next Wednesday....

+1! I've covered everything cept the documents but it just won't stick... barely have the gist of most stuff, and no dates statistics or numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's how I felt last year, and I feel no different this year. History sucks...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I am dreading this exam the most. What I am praying for is The Treaty/Civil War and Famine or Catholic Emancipation for the Irish history and Anglo-American Pop. Culture for the European. It's not come up yet so here's hoping!! I'd like Vietnam for the documents, we didn't really do the Civil Rights Movement....oh God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xxniamhxx

I love history... have a brill teacher but the timing for the exam is so hard..
    i think church state relations will come up in european, parnell in irish movements for social and political reform and the economy either Cumann na nGaedheal or Fianna Fáil in pursuit of sovereignty and the impact of partition... thats what im hoping for anyway...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The exam is so hard! 42.5 minutes per essay or you're screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

If its a question on economy in Pursuit of Sovereignty and Impact of Partition, will it be FF or CnaG or both? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Awww history seems so much more interesting as a subject in the new course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

ahhhhh im so freaking out aout history!!! seriously it takes me a week to revise one essay so so much for a cramming session this weekend:pac:

*sniff*

now to matters that are really relevent...um what about the moon landing coming up??? it hasnt in a while has it?? and u no them people who make up exams.....unpredictable....sneaky b******s.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

What really ticks me off is that you can't get thrown by a question. You don't have time to plan and think of what you're writing down, you need to have a major idea of it already and it must come out like *snaps fingers*.

COME ON
    SINN FEIN 1918
    TREATY/WOI
    POP CULTURE
    SOCIETY IN WW2
    VIETNAM
    SHOW TRIALS

ahhhhh im so freaking out aout history!!! seriously it takes me a week to revise one essay so so much for a cramming session this weekend:pac:

*sniff*

now to matters that are really relevent...um what about the moon landing coming up??? it hasnt in a while has it?? and u no them people who make up exams.....unpredictable....sneaky b******s.....:mad:

I know, I'm worried too. However think it's most likely Vietnam or Montgomery. Vietnam because it's been covered so much and Montgomery is celebrating something this year.

That being said, if the pre (DEB paper) came up or something very similar, I'll be happy.

I know, I'm worried too. However think it's most likely Vietnam or Montgomery. Vietnam because it's been covered so much and Montgomery is celebrating something this year.

That being said, if the pre (DEB paper) came up or something very similar, I'll be happy.

hmmm....well according to my lovely history teacher i only managed a lucky pass so if the paper is like that and works out for you goodluck!.....pffft.....he doesnt know what he is talking about....he looked like a ken doll anyway.......his forehead beaming down at me from the front of the class...:rolleyes:

Parnell god damn you please pop up one more:eek:

Are you having trouble with certain topics? We can plan out essays. I'm doing OL Maths so I personally don't need to study.

im ol to and i probably should but im not going to do anything plausable anyway...so may as well work on getting a decent grade out of something..:(

im ol to and i probably should but im not going to do anything plausable anyway...so may as well work on getting a decent grade out of something..:(

It's funny people say paper 1 is the easiest but I find it tough. I can't do Arithmetic part C, only the parts I remember from JC Business! (Tax and crap):confused:

I love paper two. Line, Circle, Differentiation & Linear Programming! :D

I just need to remember to think logically and know it's obvious.
    I was doing one yesterday and it gave three fractions as ratios. All I had to do was use a common denominator but I went and changed to decimals and crap. >_<

OT: Thinking about it, I don't want Montgomery to come up. I don't want to be asked about a person! (except Johnson)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

History is just a load of sh*t that happened...best opening line to any LC answer!

• Advertisement

It's funny people say paper 1 is the easiest but I find it tough. I can't do Arithmetic part C, only the parts I remember from JC Business! (Tax and crap):confused:

I love paper two. Line, Circle, Differentiation & Linear Programming! :D

I just need to remember to think logically and know it's obvious.
    I was doing one yesterday and it gave three fractions as ratios. All I had to do was use a common denominator but I went and changed to decimals and crap. >_<

OT: Thinking about it, I don't want Montgomery to come up. I don't want to be asked about a person! (except Johnson)

I know it kinda bugs me....almost burst into tears with the stress earlier maths definatly not being a stronger subject for me and all...paper two i can deal with trigonometry and statistics...paper one is awful with its bloody series and sequences..our maths teacher didnt even cover two of the questions...wonderful..

as for history, obhivously your teacher made you summerise all essays?? if not i can type up something you are missing?? providing i have it of course!:p

almost grateful for him forcing summaries upon us everynight!

Advertisement