Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC History

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Would anyone be able to give me advice in relation as to what topics to study on Nation States and International Tensions?

I'm really really squeezed on that one and just want to find out what I should know on it. T'would be really appreciated. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/gettingitright/history.pdf

good sample notes on parnell for honours here if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

the way im lookin mussolini has goota come up, the other 2 dictators have had their time over the last 2 years, italy hasnt surfaced once, its bound to. theyve done the later irish soverignity and earlier stuff, the rising, war of indo, civil war, and treaty are best bets. and i reckon we'll have plenty of choice with the early irish stuff; its its first year coming up! and vietnam is deffo, much more on it as said.

also apparntly this paper should be fairly straight forward, there was supposed uproar by history teachers assoc. last year because the paper was so badly done. this time tomorow, cant wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Anyone listen to the thing on 2fm or whatever? What did they say?

Sinn Fein 1918
    Pop Culture / HomeFront(GB) / Show Trials
    Vietnam general or Role of MLK.

Please come up D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I will repeat what I said on the other thread. If these came up I would orgasm in the exam. Well I wouldn't, but you know

Case Study - Vietnam,causes and progress

The Pursuit of Sovereignty - Sinn Fein success in 1918 or Economic/Social policies of the inter-war years

Politics and Society of Northern Ireland - Civil Rights/Strife/Downfall of Stormont/Power-sharing or the old favorite - Coleraine!

Dictatorship and Democracy - Church State relations in Germany and Italy.

Now I am not going to pray that I will get them, I already believe that I have got them. Its just a matter of going in and writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

turgon wrote: »
    I will repeat what I said on the other thread. If these came up I would orgasm in the exam. Well I wouldn't, but you know

Case Study - Vietnam,causes and progress

The Pursuit of Sovereignty - Sinn Fein success in 1918 or Economic/Social policies of the inter-war years

Politics and Society of Northern Ireland - Civil Rights/Strife/Downfall of Stormont/Power-sharing or the old favorite - Coleraine!

Dictatorship and Democracy - Church State relations in Germany and Italy.

Now I am not going to pray that I will get them, I already believe that I have got them. Its just a matter of going in and writing.

I hope Coleraine comes up. It's never been up before (was on the Pre) and since that section is the Document section next year, hopefully they'll want equality. Plus only around 10% of Ireland do it and since last years paper was a b****, this one should be easier. :(

It will come up.

Believe, and you will succeed.

who died and made you the guy who picked it! haha

You pick your own destiny :D:D:D

but that destiny has to be similar to thousands of others and only you know it? =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I'm with turgon. Positive thinking people!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭DowneyBookGirl

I don't know if this helps, but during a seminar in Trinity a week after the mocks, they apparently spent a whole hour out of a 4 hour session speaking about WWII's impact on the Home Front. Might've been a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

If what turgon is predicting comes up, not only would I orgasm, but I may orgasm OVER turgon.

I suggest you wear an anorak turgon.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Im just going to have to accept Im screwed for this exam. The course is so broad that if my topics dont come up im in serious trouble. Ah well at least I do7 hons so I can fall back on something else

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Im just going to have to accept Im screwed for this exam. The course is so broad that if my topics dont come up im in serious trouble. Ah well at least I do7 hons so I can fall back on something else

Have faith corn man, have faith...

I'll do what I do for every history exam, I'll walk in completely unprepared, realise i don't know how the hell I'm supposed to answer 2/4 questions, and get maybe 1 and a half essays done. And then miraculously scrape 55%

Im hoping for 70 though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

History was delish last year......Got a B3, and that was even getting a question on Irish History which I didn't get. Just bull****ed the 12 paragraphs(did about one page) and that got me up.

I did get full marks in my project and question on the Nazis though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Do the essays HAVE to contain 12 paragraphs to get the marks for it? whats the marking procedure with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Do the essays HAVE to contain 12 paragraphs to get the marks for it? whats the marking procedure with it?

No lol, 5 Paragraphs each worth 12 marks. But it's marked Cumulutaviley (SP) meaning that if you get 8/12 in one paragraph and write an extra paragraph, you could make up the 4 lost.
    Make sure you have an introduction, at least 5 points, and a conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No. you get marked out of 12 for each paragraph. Essay marking scheme is 60 for CM and 40 for OE

CM is your "parapragh grade" you can get up to 12 marks in each paragraph and they add up to a maximum of 60, so if you have 8 paragraphs which each get 6 marks, you'll get 48 marks out of 60.

the other 40 is for your overall essay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I know sinn fein 1918 election and the rising..know the treaty negotiations fairly well aswell..know a bit of the home rule mostly under parnell but could scrape a bit out of what i know of butt..Trying to learn hitler and nazi propeganda this morning but nothings stayin..i know mussolini's rise to power and the way he handled church state(the lateran treaty) and economic auturky or whatever that was..Id take a pass right now to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement