Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2

Options
  • 05-06-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

How'd everyone get on? Was suprised Boland didnt come up, but happy enough, didnt study her!!! Did Donne myself:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

studied mahon annd rich so was happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,theres a big long thread you can post in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dr-Millie

oooh s*** sorry bout that, didnt see it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

Dr-Millie wrote: »
    How'd everyone get on? Was suprised Boland didnt come up, but happy enough, didnt study her!!! Did Donne myself:D

I studied Boland inside and out.. Wasnt too bad at least i knew a few of Larkins poems.. Would have loved to see Boland up.. Alot of my mates were bankin on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Dude! your name is like my name haha!
    I studied mahon and rich, both came up. was delighted.
    Went for mahon though and was very pleased with my answer

(I'm aware there this thread already, but since it's so full)

Did anyone find the comparative, theme/issue.. "describe the viewpoints on your chosen theme/issue" weird??

I didnt really get it, twasnt very clear. What did you lot do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 squishywelly

nailed rich! so happy she came up!

screwed up othello

and theme or issue was a bit wierdly put!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

nailed rich!

Ah! thats a bit fowl...she like 80 haha jokin' - too easy :cool:

I did the first othello question,
    Key moment for comparrative,
    Two - parter Q for unseen poetry,
    John Donne for prescribed poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the-postman

I had Mahon, Larkin and Rich prepared.. but I done the question on Rich because she was the last poet we covered in school @: )
    Got on well in the Othello question
    I thought the comparative was fair handy too... done the theme or issue one.
    All in all i typed a good 6 or 7 pages of work, finished at about twenty past 11 some job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

(I'm aware there this thread already, but since it's so full)

Did anyone find the comparative, theme/issue.. "describe the viewpoints on your chosen theme/issue" weird??

I didnt really get it, twasnt very clear. What did you lot do?
    I did that question and im regretting it now.
    I did it saying that my theme was the growth of the central character towards knowledge and discovery of self.
    then I talked abou the points
    the character at the beginning and his problem
    key relationship
    key moment
    resolution

I really hope thats what they were looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

In fairness nobody should have had a problem with the poets unless they were extremely lazy. Most people who do decide to cut the course will choose to study irish poets or women anyway and both those areas were covered.I did Mahon so i was happy out.
    Othello went better then i expected i think.Managed to use some quotes and critic comments too.
    I found the literary genre question funny enough. Creating characters.Interesting to see how ig et marked on that..
    Overall predictable paper though no easy "personal opinion" questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

nailed rich! so happy she came up!

screwed up othello

and theme or issue was a bit wierdly put!

That was one weird threesome you hade there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

PuddinBum wrote: »
    That was one weird threesome you hade there
    A 400 year old character from a play or a lesbian. I know who i'd choose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Yay Mahon came up,

Was hoping(like a lot of other people) that Boland would come up but Mahon was next on the list with a bit of Antartica, After the Titanic, Grandfather, As it should be...etc I love Mahon, he's great! We see great altruism( how do ye like those beans?):D:D in Captain Oates as he sacrifices himself for the better of the other men.

Othello, I found it quiet tricky Twisting the 2nd part into Iago's deception and betrayel, Did anyone else just waffle on about Iago after picking the 2nd part of the Othello question? I referred back to the question every 15 lines or so..etc

Comparative, grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

pretty happy with the paper
    poetry question was a doodle, i only studied Rich and it paid off!
    Comparative was alright just had to twist my answer and keep repeating 'memorable character'
    Othello , i kinda winged it so the answers a bit all over the place, but i stuck in a few quotes so it should get a few marks.
    hand was in bits afterwards,but its over now so yay!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 V.I.Princess

OMG Paper 2 was lyk ammmmaaazinn!!! Took the biggest gabble eva in nly studyin Rich.Lyk dat was d nly poem actually lernt.So was sooo happy she came up.I new theme and issue was comin up nd had my role of women lern to the T. Predicted Othello aswel nd it came up so yes!Paper 2 went gr8! thank God coz Paper 1 wasn d best.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Didn't like Othello question

But the theme and issue question, the one with the 2 parts, I heard on the 2fm 406 thing saying it will be marked harder etc and was badly phrased?

I just answered it didn't look much into the whole word "viewpoint"

Anyone any ideas on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clairehere

Legend of a paper and Rich came up.Yay!!

Advertisement