Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting predictions

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

what does anyone think is coming up this year on the accounting paper?

the person setting the paper this year is new and apparently ratio's arent coming up and revaluation,incomplete and tabular are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

the person setting the paper this year is new and apparently ratio's arent coming up and revaluation,incomplete and tabular are!

LOL.Classic.No ratios.Are you sure they arent just giving us the 2007 paper without ratios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NanoZoom555

nope far as i know they're thinking of taking ratios off. The reason Incomplete is coming up is because it was so badly answered last year. Tabular will be a 100 marker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Doesnt ratios have to come up like the thing that goes in Q1.They cant take it off without telling us.THat would be cruel especially as I'm good at them

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I'm thinkin a Depreciation of Fixed Assets question for 60 marks and a Club Account question for 100 marks...
    Maybe Marginal Costing for one of the 80's? Think it will be pretty similar to some of the mock papers...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What? Are you fecking well joking me?! My teacher has been on the circuit for years, I mean YEARS! She is friendly with Christy Tyrell and I'm pretty sure she would have known if there was someone else writing the paper. And if that paper comes up, then I'm screwed! I'm banking on Manufacturing, Club and Published and if I really have to, a ratio and a marginal costing on Q8.

• Advertisement

ratio's doesn't have to come up every year,it just has!and my teacher thinks that depreciation is too easy and that revaluation will be up instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

Christy Tyrrell is setting up the paper. . i doubt tat he wouldnt bring up ratios cause there would be war especially because it is 100 marker. .its so easy to figure out whats coming up tho. .just follow the trends!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

It's Christy Tyrrell's first year setting it on his own apparently.. He won't put up any surprises.. Ratios will definitely be up.. Then other possibles are Club, Published, Incomplete Method 2 and Cash Flow.. Can't see anything else coming up. Manufacturing for q1 and no idea for q8

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

Q1 Manufacturing (possible: departmental).

Q5 Ratios.
    Q6 Published.
    Q7 Club (possible: cash flow).

Q8 Marginal and absorption costing.
    Q9 Budgeting or flexible budgeting.

It's quite simple, really. Just look at the trends. I've a feeling tho bout those departmental accounts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

BlueCam wrote: »
    Q1 Manufacturing (possible: departmental).

Q5 Ratios.
    Q6 Published.
    Q7 Club (possible: cash flow).

Q8 Marginal and absorption costing.
    Q9 Budgeting or flexible budgeting.

It's quite simple, really. Just look at the trends. I've a feeling tho bout those departmental accounts. ;)

Departmental will never come up.. They're far too easy

• Advertisement

Which Q8 is the one with the Manufacturing an d trading account? I'm thinking it's budgeting. That better come up or else I'm seriously f**ked!

theres a trading a/c in cash budgeting for Q.9,but its unlikely to come up as it was there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

muffinman wrote: »
    Departmental will never come up.. They're far too easy

They're easy if you've ever done one... but very few people have even heard of them let alone done a sample one, so I can see them being stuck on there some day just to catch a hell of a lot of people out :D

theres a trading a/c in cash budgeting for Q.9,but its unlikely to come up as it was there last year.

Oh yes, I remember doing that last year, it's alright if you get the first half right. I must be thinking of the Flexible Budget then...

you've to do a marginal costing statement at the end of flexible budgeting...

God damn it...*runs to the other side of room and searches frantically for accounting books*

Okay, it's a marginal costing that I'm hoping for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

is it seriously christy tyrrell setting it?shur it'll be a laugh so...my predictions:

60 markers:
    suspense
    depreciation
    club/cash flow

100 markers:
    published
    cashflow/club

budgetting
    production

costing
    marginal

a sweet paper if u ask me...g'man christy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

manufacturing

interpretation...definately
    club
    published

xy budget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

Oh please for the love of God, no suspense or tab as 100's. :eek:

I hope:

Depr 60
    Published 60

Cash Flow 100
    Club 100

Marginal 80.

This comes up, I will be singing from the rooftops. I think a club and depr are likely to come up. Both haven't in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

BlueCam wrote: »
    Q1 Manufacturing (possible: departmentel)I've a feeling tho bout those departmental accounts. ;)

Never done them!

Manufacturing
    Club
    Pub
    Production Budget
    Marginal Costing(maybe break even chart)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

i am doin the 2 sixty mark questions...
    I have beem teachin myself the course this year...

60marks:
    Depreciation...
    Cash Flow..

100 marks:
    Club
    Published

80 marks:
    Budgeting...

Although... does anyone know what the main difference between 60 mark and 100 mark for cash flow is like?? or how to do incomplete type b??
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

are any of u attempting interpretation?

i hate them but they are guaranteed

Yeah we are...well I won't be doing it if Club and Published come up together. God I hate them but they are starting to get a bit easier the more I practice them!

jessie11 wrote: »
    are any of u attempting interpretation?

i hate them but they are guaranteed

Well actually no they are not guaranteed!! It doesnt say so in the syllabus. The only reason they keep coming up is because students are answering this question poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

I'm doing Interpretation of Accounts, they're so easy once you know your formulas and how to comment.

My predictions are:

60 Marks:
    - Depreciation of a FA
    - Cashflow
    - Suspense

100 Marks:
    - Interpretation of Accounts (gauranteed)
    - Club
    - Published

80 Marks:
    - Functional/Flexible Budget

We left out Q1 and Q8 and focused on the other questions.

- Interpretation of Accounts (gauranteed)

Its NOT guaranteed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

See the ideal exam paper most people are thinkin of is the exact same as the pre,,
    Will they not change it slightly??

i was looking back over the old mock papers and i think it was 2002 or 2000 or something it was almost the same paper.then i compared the 2006 mock paper to the actual paper and it was totally different.

Does anybody think tabular will appear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Hopefully it's like the easy pre. Cuz the other 1 had similar questions but was a good 20% harder

Advertisement