Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting predictions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

i have a feeling it'll be pretty straight forwad paper. There'll porb be a strange working in suspense but like u dont lose many marks if u get it wrong.And id say he might put in revaluation.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

i was looking back over the old mock papers and i think it was 2002 or 2000 or something it was almost the same paper.then i compared the 2006 mock paper to the actual paper and it was totally different.

Does anybody think tabular will appear?

In 100 mark? God I hope not, that would be a complete and utter disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Petie_Pie wrote: »
    See the ideal exam paper most people are thinkin of is the exact same as the pre,,
    Will they not change it slightly??

Leaving Cert is set before the mocks come out and by different people.... The mocks are predictions so nobody knows if it'll be accurate
    Does anybody think tabular will appear?

Our teacher said that if we were going to not study any question it should be tabs.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

mars bar wrote: »
    In 100 mark? God I hope not, that would be a complete and utter disaster.

mocks arent set by the department so there different...the ppl who did mocks jst predict wat dey tink will b on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

:[/quote]Our teacher said that if we were going to not study any question it should be tabs.. :eek:[/quote]

i seriously hope ure right. I just dont get them.Not sure why.They dont work out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Do ye really think Departmental is coming up??
    That would be a guaranteed 120 marks down the drain.

Do ye really think Departmental is coming up??
    That would be a guaranteed 120 marks down the drain.

I'd say they have a .001% chance of coming up (it's based on statistics, I swear).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Thank god!

manufacturing
    club
    pub
    prod budget

.....with no theory!:p

that wud be nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJf59zLzyfg&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

ok so if i do:

1. man/ sole

2. club

3. published

4. cash flow

4 incomplet type2

and

marginal

do yaz think im sorted or screwed.......... :O:O:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NanoZoom555

betsymagoo wrote: »
    ok so if i do:

1. man/ sole

2. club

3. published

4. cash flow

4 incomplet type2

and

marginal

do yaz think im sorted or screwed.......... :O:O:O

well ideally you should know everything,but if you don't at this stage id say go over suspense,theory and absorption costing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

oh well i guess im screwed then....... im bankin on the four days that i have before the exam to learn all of the accounts.... i know how silly..... but last year i failed and i lost all interest..........:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

My teacher reckons that he is going to mess with the Depreciation question and have it as a % of NBV rather than cost, so it's a continuous depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

Slashman X wrote: »
    My teacher reckons that he is going to mess with the Depreciation question and have it as a % of NBV rather than cost, so it's a continuous depreciation.

Ye that was in our pre and i didnt see it:mad:
    ah well u learn from ur mistakes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

SOmeone from my class said there grinds teacher person said that is VERY unlikely to come up in the real exam and examcraft were way off to put it on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blonde'n'brainy

just wondering are these all predictions for higher lever??? anyone hav any ideas for q1 in ol:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NanoZoom555

just wondering are these all predictions for higher lever??? anyone hav any ideas for q1 in ol:confused:

yea,these are all higher predictions,don't know anything about the pass paper,sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

Does anyone have the mock Deprection question (it must have been examcraft) where the depreciation was calculated from the NBV? In my mock it was the same as the normal depre question. Maybe pm me because I know there's rules about posting copyrighted material or if not could someone give me an example of how that question would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

I have an example of that written out (diff grid and all) but my scanner ain't working and my writing isn't exactly photogenic :p

If you really need to know, hit me up by PM or MSN and I'll go through it with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

If it is being calculated from NBV instead of cost price it would be along the lines of....
    Just a Simple example...

Vehicle 1 costs 90.000 and is deprectiated at 10% from N.B.V

Then the way it is normally done is 90.000 Dep year 1 would be 9000
    Year 2 would be 8100
    Year 3 would be 7290

You would take away the depreciation from cost then calculate depreciation..
    Be careful to read the question carefully to see if it is being calculated from cost or N.B.V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lisa-kk

Ratios 4 def.....if nt they'd b war! n den dep, suspense n cah flow/club as 60s n 100s are ratios, published n cash flow/club. n mayb incomplete will come up.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

After Club and Published, what the next most likely to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

blue-army wrote: »

Depr for a 60, I hope. Maybe a suspense (:() and a cash flow. I will be studying all them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

LayLay wrote: »
    Depr for a 60, I hope. Maybe a suspense (:() and a cash flow. I will be studying all them.
    I mean for the 100 markers....I'm just trying to pass. What are the 3 most likely 100 markers..

I'll do doing the Manufacturing/Sole Trader A/C as the 120 mk Q..

Suspense/Cash Flow I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

If you have interpretation club and published covered well i wouldnt be too worried. It be surprised if 2 out of the 3 didnt come up.
    But just in case I'd look over cash flow and suspense. Personally I'm covering every 100 marker except tabular(i hate them and they're quite unlikely) buts thats only because there's a week between my last exam and accounting.

Anyone else a lil apprehensive about theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

For section one I'm counting on Manufacturing a/c to come up.

Section 2: Studying Club a/c, Service Firm, Suspense, Published and Cashflow

Section 3: Budgeting and Marginal Costing.

Hopefully that will cover me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

We've studied the 4 Final Accounts, Ratios, Suspense, Published, Clubs, Flexible and production budgeting.

I swear if only suspense and ratios come up for the second section I'm in trouble. I'll have to do incomplete myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I am looking for an A1, but have only Ratios and Published prepared.

Am I crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I am looking for an A1, but have only Ratios and Published prepared.

Am I crazy?

It's a bit mad alright. I'm going for the A1 as well, and I've got clubs done on top of that. I'll have to do incomplete though. Apart from the messing around with T-accounts there fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Ekels wrote: »
    It's a bit mad alright. I'm going for the A1 as well, and I've got clubs done on top of that. I'll have to do incomplete though. Apart from the messing around with T-accounts there fine.

Yeah I was thinking of having a look over either Club or Cash Flow, not sure which tho...

Advertisement