Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Yeah I was thinking of having a look over either Club or Cash Flow, not sure which tho...

Clubs is very very easy. Once you can do the Subs, levy and life adjustments it's fine. And you should manage that if you're an A1 candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Ekels wrote: »
    Clubs is very very easy. Once you can do the Subs, levy and life adjustments it's fine. And you should manage that if you're an A1 candidate.

Yeah they ring a bell alright. Once I have a look over it a few times it should come back to me!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

Ekels wrote: »

Yeah there grand.. you have to remember to do a trading a/c to get the bar profit aswell....hoping for the A1 myself but i need to look over the theory.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EimearNíS

Flip sake...our teacher didn't do tabular or either of the incompletes... Which is most important, do ye reckon? I've such a bad feelin about interpretation not comin up...:( Potentially...i might not be able to do any out of section 2... Stupid question, maybe...but is there any chance control accounts could come up in this section, do ye think?:rolleyes: Just cos it looks like it's going to be a surprise paper and all... Haven't done them since 5th yr!! Oh ya...and farm accounts? Haven't ever looked at them...good work, eh??:P (:()

EimearNíS wrote: »
    Flip sake...our teacher didn't do tabular or either of the incompletes... Which is most important, do ye reckon? I've such a bad feelin about interpretation not comin up...:( Potentially...i might not be able to do any out of section 2... Stupid question, maybe...but is there any chance control accounts could come up in this section, do ye think?:rolleyes: Just cos it looks like it's going to be a surprise paper and all... Haven't done them since 5th yr!! Oh ya...and farm accounts? Haven't ever looked at them...good work, eh??:P (:()

Well id go with either tabs or incomplete type B... it would be no harm to look over control although it doesnt look likely they will be up..you never know. well, our teacher told us she thinks farm could be on the paper as the surprise Q... im sure if u look over them it will come back to you... dont worry about it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EimearNíS

You're a legend...thanks a million!! Haven't ever done farm accounts though... I guess i better try those too... Thanks for your help!!:)...better get to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

em... can anyone help me with 100 mark cash flow??
    Does anyone have a link to the markin scheme that came up in 1998

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Petie_Pie wrote: »
    em... can anyone help me with 100 mark cash flow??
    Does anyone have a link to the markin scheme that came up in 1998
    100 marker is with the Abridged P/L right?

You just work the P/L upward with the info from the 2 years given in the balance sheets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just reli hop it comes up as a 60 n not a 100...

Club n Published all the way(",)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

My predictions are based on paterns and passing the time xD

Sole Trader (possible manufact)

Ratio ( cause it just wont die)

Suspense ( try also club to be safe)

Production Budget ( yay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm not gonna bother looking over the costing section.....Whats the most likely Budgeting Question though? Production???

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i think i m going to skip debtors, creditors and suspense.. my brain just doesnt find them attractive enough :D Do you think it ll be safe?

Our teacher havent done the tab as well btw :( aw well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just reli hop it comes up as a 60 n not a 100...

Club n Published all the way(",)

I have the marking scheme to that quest! what figure??

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm hoping for

Sole Trader
    Club
    Published
    Marginal

mainly because they're the only ones that I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I'm hoping for

Sole Trader
    Club
    Published
    Marginal

mainly because they're the only ones that I can do.

That would be such a lovely paper. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rugrat1

q2=suspence/tabular
    q3=depreciation
    q4=cash flow statement/service

q5=RATIOS!!ofc
    q6=published( on course from 1999)100..60..0..100..60..0..100..60..0..!?2008
    q7=club/incomplete backwards (method2)

q8=marginal(year 2006)
    q9=total production budget!

icon4.gif...I COULD BE WRONG...but nearly sure you'll be fine having these!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rugrat1

If it is being calculated from NBV instead of cost price it would be along the lines of....
    Just a Simple example...

Vehicle 1 costs 90.000 and is deprectiated at 10% from N.B.V

Then the way it is normally done is 90.000 Dep year 1 would be 9000
    Year 2 would be 8100
    Year 3 would be 7290

You would take away the depreciation from cost then calculate depreciation..
    Be careful to read the question carefully to see if it is being calculated from cost or N.B.V

Or if its 10% you multiply vehicle1 by 90% and keep doing tht!!!!!!

my ideal paper would be:
    Depriciation (60)
    Cash Flow (100)
    Suspense(60)
    Published (100)
    Club (60/100)

Marginal costing/ flexible budgeting (80)

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

could they be real sneaky and throw a company account on as Q1....

and if so wud ya be prepared.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JJPW89

Manufacturing (120)
    Ratios(100)
    Suspense(100)
    Flexible Budget(100)

That'd be a deadly paper for me anyway!!:cool:

• Advertisement

I keep thinking about this paper. It's the middle section. I have ratios, clubs, published. We also revised suspense but I'm a disaster at them. I'll revise incomplete instead so, it's widely tipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

JJPW89 wrote: »
    Manufacturing (120)
    Ratios(100)
    Suspense(100)
    Flexible Budget(100)

That'd be a deadly paper for me anyway!!:cool:

Flexible budget can't come up as 100markers.. I'm guessing you meant as an 80?

I want any q1 really barring departmental, but apparently they said that they would never ask them.
    Middle section Club & Incomplete method 2 would be arousing, but i've ratios prepared too because published are pritty much guaranteed...

Section 3, Hopefully a normal marginal costing because i can do them in just over 10 mins. but job costing, flexible and production would be grand too.

I really can't see them taking off the ratios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Catikins

The LeavyC wrote: »
    I really can't see them taking off the ratios.
    Me either. Most of the exams this year seem to be pretty straight forward and i've barely heard of any shock surprises on the exams. They'll keep the ratios there and they won't put a departmental account up.
    Or at least they better not :D

Hopefully: Manufacturing account, ratios, club, published, marginal costing (possibly absorption with it) and production budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 **simone**

Q5's were supposed to be taken off the course in 2000 i think but they still haven't been.

If on the very slight chance they didn't come up we'd have no other surprises on the paper. Everything else would be made easier.

And departmental....i reckon it would be a pass level one because we've not seen them up in ages!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Catikins wrote: »
    Me either. Most of the exams this year seem to be pretty straight forward and i've barely heard of any shock surprises on the exams. They'll keep the ratios there and they won't put a departmental account up.
    Or at least they better not :D

Hopefully: Manufacturing account, ratios, club, published, marginal costing (possibly absorption with it) and production budget.

Are you studying anything else but them three for section 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

At this stage im just studing what came up on my mocks and praying

Manufacturing 120
    Interpetation 100
    Published 100
    Club 100

Marginal Costing/Budgeting 80

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Soby wrote: »
    At this stage im just studing what came up on my mocks and praying

Manufacturing 120
    Interpetation 100
    Published 100
    Club 100

Marginal Costing/Budgeting 80

I think we should be safe with Interpretation, Published and Club.. Even if one of Published and Club doesn't come up, the other will still be there imo.. However, Cash Flow (why??) and Incomplete Method 2 are both being tipped, not to mention Farm Accounts :confused: ... So I've been studying Interpretation, Club, Cash Flow and Published (basically re-taught them to myself as it was mid-5th year when we last did them).. I think I'll have a look over the Incomplete as well just in case.. Not looking forward to Q.8.. If marginal costing doesn't make up a good chunk of the question I'd be surprised, and also pretty ****ed :p

Well interpetation is coming up the question just is which is...From the mocking im guessing ShareHolder..Just learn that..even if bank holder or deb holder comes up,there very little diff in the analysis so you will still do well..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Soby wrote: »
    Well interpetation is coming up the question just is which is...From the mocking im guessing ShareHolder..Just learn that..even if bank holder or deb holder comes up,there very little diff in the analysis so you will still do well..

Current Shareholder? No way.. Well I don't think so.. It was up last year no? I'd bet on potential shareholder or existing shareholder considering buying more shares..

p.s Soby.. You know know that "votre parler" makes no sense, right?

• Advertisement

It was up last year as a joint one with bank holder which IMO was horrible
    muffinman wrote: »
    p.s Soby.. You know know that "votre parler" makes no sense, right?

ye just havent been arsed changing it lol

Advertisement