Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patagonia Outlet (camping stuff) on Exchequer St

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Does the Patagonia outlet store on Exchequer St exist? I was wandering down there the other week and passed 'The Great Outdoors,' but not Patagonia. Passing through again soon, and don't want to trek all the way there if it's closed down or something. So is it still there? Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It was there up to about two months ago (last time I went in).

It's decent enough gear, although you will pay for it. As for range and size it can be a bit hit and miss in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

Great,

... is it easy to spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Ah yeah, its still there, across the road from a music shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

A silly question but are you sure that you have the right street. The main Great Outdoors shop is actually on Chatham Street and I think that they have a watersports shop on Clarendon Market. Patagonia is on Exchequer Street which is a continuation of Wicklow Street (the one off Grafton Street with Weirs and BT on the corners).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Yep, it's definitely still there. For some reason i don't find it that noticeable. I walked past it a few times first time looking for it, and still do sometimes when i'm not really thinking about where i'm going.
    Probably says more about me than the shop though.:P
    They're stuff is really good quality but can be pricey like Gillo says. Their sales are always well worth a look, ask about their next one if your in.
    Good luck

Also, its outdoor clothes and a few bags. So if by camping stuff you mean tents and other equiptment stick to great outdoors and the like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

A silly question but are you sure that you have the right street. The main Great Outdoors shop is actually on Chatham Street and I think that they have a watersports shop on Clarendon Market. Patagonia is on Exchequer Street which is a continuation of Wicklow Street (the one off Grafton Street with Weirs and BT on the corners).

was gonna suggest this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Was actually in there the other week, so can confirm that it is still in existence. They have a fair range of ski gear on sale at the moment. I think it functions as an outlet store, there seemed to be a lot of 'end of range' things there, and a very strange mix of sizes.

They also had lots of gloves, socks, and cold weather gear for children. Not much for women, and what seemed like a lot of stuff for men.

Edit to add: found this old boards thread when i was googling to see if Lowe Alpine still have a shop in Temple Bar (which they don't seem to, or do they?!?). Useful info on a few places around Dublin, and the Lowe Alpine outlet in Tullamore gets rave reviews:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2055124412.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

cuckoo wrote: »
    found this old boards thread when i was googling to see if Lowe Alpine still have a shop in Temple Bar (which they don't seem to, or do they?!?).
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2055124412.html

Lowe Alpine shop is gone, there's now a North Face shop in it's place though, so fairly similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

lightening wrote: »
    across the road from a music shop.

The worst shop I've ever had the displeasure of walking into, can't remember the name of the but the service is on a par with happy hour at Auschwitz. Admittedly I don't really shop in music stores much so I don't know if it's some sort of artistic thing.

If it's clothes you are looking for, I've once or twice found some great deals in TK Maxx, but it's generally a lot more miss than hit, still it's worth a shot.

Advertisement