Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy boiler

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

hi
    i have a boiler a baxi 35/80 ie to be precise and i find it is awful noisy. the pressure is a bit low. is the low pressure anything to do with the noisy and if so is there anyway of increasing the pressure. or is there any other cause for the noise.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If the noise gets progressively worse within a half hour of turning on ,you need to have the system flushed.

The warranty on baxi's is void if the system is not flushed on installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

what does the flushing do?
    and

what does the flushing do?
    and by not having it flushed does that cause damage

Flushing is basically adding a cleanser to the heating system ,let it circulate in the system for a couple of weeks. Drain the heating system down and add inhibitor.
    This problem will gets worse when you don't flush. You could call an engineer out and they would know if it needs to be done.

so basically its dirt flowing around the system?

• Advertisement

It could be ,thats if it's the actual problem. The baxi system boiler is prone to this problem and especially if it was fitted to an existing system.
    Other reasons for it to happen would be a new installation in a hard water area.

its due its annual service just neede a few ideas to have a clue when someone does give me the bill to fix it

Thats the easiest thing to do ,kill two birds and all that.

Advertisement