Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly Noises

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

i know its the not the most important thing to worry about but at the moment but......... every exam i do my stomach starts to grumble half way through it!! i dunno wat it is! im not hungry i dont drink during the exam and it is so anoying, can anyone tell me how to stop these noises??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrlynam

This wouldn't really be suitable for the exams as your there for quite a while, but in class what usually works is not to swallow your saliva. Thats whats causing the embarrassing and distracting noise; your stomach trying to digest basically nothing (you are in fact hungry).

Only downside is leaving the room with about 1000cm3 of spit in your mouth, and not being able to explain why your being rude by not responding to people asking you stuff. And of course the 1000cm3 of spit in your mouth.

Yes it does accumulate immensely.

I thought this would be a nice way to enter this fantastic community, never really posted here.

So.. maths next.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

That growl and slight bubbly feeling is actually he sound of losing weight, it's your stomach acid feasting on your fat cells instead of food, as there is none!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

you can bring in a packet of sweets to the exam!
    like just don't bring a noisy packet,
    cause you'll distract others and that's not fair!

i brought soft mints
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm reading for a girl and my stomach keeps maknig the weirdest noises, I feel bad in case I'm distracting her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I was the only one in my exam station doing chemistry...and I kept on making belly noises!!!!! and she KNEW it was me....D:
    but in fairness, she had a noisy packet of taytos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Ya that used to always happen to me, i bring in a sugary drink like lucozade not water as this would make it worse and a packet of wine gums or fruit gums and take my time chewing it.... try it, it might work for you as it does for me....or also you could bring in a nutrigrain bar

When I drink my coffee and munc hmy biscuits I'm paranoid of being totally loud, but the girl I'm reading for says she doesn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bring a packed sandwhich from home. a nice one, with lettuce and mayo and MEAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

lol Loads of peoples bellies are rumbling in my school too..

I think its because people are so used to eating something at 11 in school, and now they cant! So the belly is like "OMG FEED ME!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If your stomach is rumbling and your not hungry it may indicate a bowel problem . Of course there would be many other symptoms than just rumbling though so if that's your only problem then who knows .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

This also seems to happen to me but with exams that are 3hrs 20 minutes like today, what can you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

are we allowed to eat in the exam centre?? omg thats the best news i've ever had:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Big Ears wrote: »
    If your stomach is rumbling and your not hungry it may indicate a bowel problem . Of course there would be many other symptoms than just rumbling though so if that's your only problem then who knows .

Yes, Everyone aged 18 in the country has been struck down with a bowel problem! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 squishywelly

Yes, Everyone aged 18 in the country has been struck down with a bowel problem! :D

its the exam stress

ur body just dont understand

ur mouth is over hydrated

bladder is bursting

stomach is starved

ears are deafened with silence

legs are asleep

hands are dead

tummy just wants to get in tune with the rest of ur body being f*cked up!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 zomg

Yeah, this is all you can hear in my center! Everyone's stomach's rumbling and growling, quite amusing really but slightly offputting.

Not half as offputting as our supervisor sniffing, grunting and phlegmming(sp? - oh well, english is over now) every five minutes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well for most people it's just hunger , but tbh I hadn't heard much stomach rumbling in my centre and the OP had said they weren't hungary so I pointed to another possible problem .

Plenty of people will have their bowels/bladder acting a bit different due to the stress/nerves of the exams , so that's another factor .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Even the examiner cracked a smile today when stomachs started growling

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

i-cheat wrote: »
    i know its the not the most important thing to worry about but at the moment but......... every exam i do my stomach starts to grumble half way through it!! i dunno wat it is! im not hungry i dont drink during the exam and it is so anoying, can anyone tell me how to stop these noises??

eh my stomach was like that last year, ended up in hospital for 7 weeks and minus 40inches og intestine, good luck wit that....:rolleyes:
    mrlynam wrote: »
    Only downside is leaving the room with about 1000cm3 of spit in your mouth, ...

god i'd like to see that seeing as your mouth only has a 150cm^3 or so capacity...:D:D:D

my stomch starts making freaky noises when it gets to work on the biscuits I'm given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I got a laugh out of this thread seeing it, I've never seen one in the LC section before and it brought back memories. I use to experience the same thing but mine was quite " deep " and it use to sound more like I was F@arting, quite embarassing but funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

I have a huge breakfast and still by 11 im feckin starvin'. My stomach is growls like f**k from then on. I even brought in 2 packs of softmints and no luck. Ah well only 6 more days !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 irish0808

My stomach was telling me to get out and eat, but I needed to finish off poetry. Stuck it out and made everyone suffer the noises :D
    I think tommorow I will bring in a few granola bars and open the packet fully before the exam so I dont distract people. They usually fill the gap for a while if i'm hungry. I'll post tommorow and let ya know if I had any succcess with the bars:)
    Please people, Dont bring crisps - especially cheese and onion - the smell will be offputting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

My Stomach Behaves Better For Papers I'm Really Stressed About!

Advertisement