Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dj/playlist free software dowloads?

• 05-06-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi there, could anyone advise me the best way do a DJ gig via my laptop? I have speakers,CD's, mic, etc. It's just that I've been asked by a pal to do the music at his grad house party. PS I'm not a pro at this but I'm familiar enough with audio production etc. as I do some radio production and presentation. I did a gig for a family birthday last year and turned out to be pretty successful! I basically played most tracks through my MP3 player directly to the speaker but I'd like to set something up more organised on my laptop, would really appreciate if anyone could advise! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Get yourself a basic enough softwear package like Virtual DJ and that willl allow you to cue up and mix MP3 tracks. It's easy enough to use and you can download a free trial version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭TheBigRedDog

virtual dj is the best by far! I had gig standard mixing in a few minutes! Only downfall of the trial version is no video output which I find adds professionalism to a gig! U'll be grand tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Many thanks for this, I have downloaded the trial version and tried it out and I'm very impressed! will be using it for next Sat night for the party. I know it's only a trial version but i might even purchase full version before the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Only thing with the video output is you need a fairly fast processor and a nice amount of ram. Otherwise it stutters. Well that's what I have found anyways. I have used it well on my 00DJ, but then that is custom designed for the job. Also if you are just starting it's best to get used to the normal controls of cueing, searching, and setting the bpm/gain before moving onto video.

Advertisement