Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaun Ryder: The Ecstacy and the Agony

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420899/

Does anybody have this recorded or know where I might be able to download it from. I'm really interested in the whole music scene in the UK in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Dunno. Youtube only had the first minute last time I checked.

One of the best documentaries I ever saw, hilarious stuff. Ryder is ****ing nuts, end of. He is basically a real life Frank Gallagher who made a bit of dosh (and promptly lost it all).

Probably one of the funniest quotes I heard from any artist is in it

Interviewer "Back in the old days, did you ever perform on stage without taking drugs?"

Shaun "Back in the old days I didnt watch Coronation Street without taking drugs" :D:D :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM92oxpxmTo

2 odd minutes of it anyway.

Always one to out do himself, later on in the programme Shaun decides to top trying to force the journalist to share his spliff by trying to get his own 11 year old daughter to take a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

would love this is anyone has it, great documentary with some really funny quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Massive fan here (as you can see), I WANT THIS NOW!!! I'll have a major dig out to find this! Mark my words, I will find this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Nailz wrote: »
    Massive fan here (as you can see), I WANT THIS NOW!!! I'll have a major dig out to find this! Mark my words, I will find this!!!

Good to see we have such a massive fan on the case. Let me know if you find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

shane86 wrote: »
    share his spliff by trying to get his own 11 year old daughter to take a drag.

As they say, you can't buy class ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

"It's not... it's not, NOT illegal - it's tollerated now, in't it!" :cool:
    Pure legend. Tony Wilson in the commentary of 24 Hour Party People said that the song "TART TART" contains 3 small stories in the 3 paragraphes of the song. The first one was an accurate description of, legendary producer, Martin Hannett's departure from Factory Records, but in a poetic form. But Shaun never met Hannett, and couldn't have known him or how it went down, so Tony asked Mondays manager at the time, Phil Saxe, how he could have possibly known that so well, and he told him that he picked up by listening to New Order Singer/Guitarist & Joy Division Guitarist, Bernard Sumner's stories and conversations about it and put them in to the song.
    Clever guy, cleverer than he looks...

BTW, I think you can get DVD's of these documentaries and I'll be more than willing to pay the money for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Any luck with finding this?

Advertisement