Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilbride, Co. Meath?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am hoping that someone out there has experience with broadband in Kilbride, Co. Meath. That's Kilbride near Clonee, Ratoath, Hollystown. Has anyone tried to get broadband out that way? If so, how decent is it?

Several years ago I checked the house line on the Eircom website and got the "sorry, not suitable" message. I've been checking it from time to time ever since. Recently when I checked the line, I got a new message: "may be suitable". I was excited! I called up Eircom to find out more, but they said they couldn't tell me anything else, that I'd just have to order it and see. They went on to say that I would only be charged if it worked.

Am I missing something? :confused: Is there a reason they cannot test the line for suitability before I go through the order process?

I started reading blogs/forums to find out what kind of experiences people have had with Eircom broadband and now I am concerned about what speed I would be likely to get. Their 2Mb always on option would be what I would choose, but it sounds like I might not get anything near that depending on how old and creaky the house line is. Is the best thing to start with a 1Mb always on option and upgrade once I figure out the statistics for the house line?

Any advice greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    Karen

Advertisement