Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    Probably the same fan that were burning his shirt outside Anfield during Gerrards who can give me more money saga! :D

fixed that for you.
    Oh Gerrard is a grade A prat as well. That whole nonsense of holding the team ransom to his demands, and expectations, was ridiculous.

Holding to ransom is a little much.....more wanting to know the club was going the right direction, he felt it was, so he stayed. end of story.

and as for it being brushed under the carpet? are you for real? it was the biggest story going for about a year! and is still brought up in the media and by fans all the ****ing time!

I'd prefer a playing questioning his future due to the ambition and direction of a team rather than holding to ransom the club he "loves" for your own personal greed. do i need to put in Ronaldos quote here where he says he wants to play for Madrid, but only if they pay him wat they say they will? nah i dont think so

why are people sticking up for him? this is ****ing unbelievable

shane86 wrote: »
    Only if he put personal vendettas over table position.

ffs like :confused:

can a Utd fan please list all the excellent players ferguson has let go over the years for not doing things his way or being muppets please....thanks.

some things are more important than league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fixed that for you.

Holding to ransom is a little much.....more wanting to know the club was going the right direction, he felt it was, so he stayed. end of story.

and as for it being brushed under the carpet? are you for real? it was the biggest story going for about a year! and is still brought up in the media and by fans all the ****ing time!

I'd prefer a playing questioning his future due to the ambition and direction of a team rather than holding to ransom the club he "loves" for your own personal greed. do i need to put in Ronaldos quote here where he says he wants to play for Madrid, but only if they pay him wat they say they will? nah i dont think so

Whilst the transfer saga did stretch on, and was all over the media, the fact that he practically quit, and was going back on his word, was never really mentioned by the media. You never saw him asked about that. Andy Gray still lushed all over him and never brought it.

If you look back a few pages, you'll see that I show similar contempt for Ronaldo, so I certainly am not standing up for him. However, yu can't have it one way and not the other. Both Gerrard and Ronaldo treated (are treating) their clubs and fans with little to no respect. As a 'Pool fan Al, you have to accept that if you are willing to slate Ronnie boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

fixed that for you.

Its the media behind all of this crap - he has said nothing for a long time. Now get back into your box.

BTW - Gerrard asked for a transfer - so you are right - they are totalyl different - Gerrard was a lot worse

Both Gerrard and Ronaldo treated (are treating) their clubs and fans with little to no respect. As a 'Pool fan Al, you have to accept that if you are willing to slate Ronnie boy.

The situations are totally different Charlie.

Gerrard was at the club his whole career, he wasnt threatening to leave over money, or anything like that. He basically thought that Rafa wanted to sell him. Rafa kept commenting in the media about the meetings with Gerrard over his contract, despite there being no meetings. Gerrard just wanted assurances from Rafa that things were going the right direction and he was intending to sign. We won the CL, he commented on the night he wasnt going to leave and he'd get his contract sorted when they got back. days and weeks passed and he hadnt even been offered a contract. he thought they were delaying it and were going to sell him as he had seen happen to loads of his footballing mates over the years, he said, **** this if i am leaving its on my terms, so he attempted to force their hand, handing in a tranfer req, thinking they would then tell him their intention re: new contract or selling him. wat did they (parry) do?

tell the media he had handed in a transfer request.

he was resigned to the fact he was leaving.

that night got a call from Moores (owner) asking wat the **** was going on, why did he want to leave. told moores he didnt want to leave but felt he was being forced, within hours he had contract and signed up.

so as you can see the situations are totally different.

Ronaldo is playing for League and European Champions, paying him amongst the top earners in the world, on the up, he wants to go to Real Madrid, but only if they make him the highest earning most expensive player in the world. its shocking.

no more mention of Gerrard in this thread please, hideously off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

kida wrote: »

BTW - Gerrard asked for a transfer - so you are right - they are totalyl different - Gerrard was a lot worse

If so, at least he was up front about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

If this was anyone else, no1 would be half as critical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The situations are totally different Charlie.

Gerrard was at the club his whole career, he wasnt threatening to leave over money, or anything like that. He basically thought that Rafa wanted to sell him. Rafa kept commenting in the media about the meetings with Gerrard over his contract, despite there being no meetings. Gerrard just wanted assurances from Rafa that things were going the right direction and he was intending to sign. We won the CL, he commented on the night he wasnt going to leave and he'd get his contract sorted when they got back. days and weeks passed and he hadnt even been offered a contract. he thought they were delaying it and were going to sell him as he had seen happen to loads of his footballing mates over the years, he said, **** this if i am leaving its on my terms, so he attempted to force their hand, handing in a tranfer req, thinking they would then tell him their intention re: new contract or selling him. wat did they (parry) do?

tell the media he had handed in a transfer request.

he was resigned to the fact he was leaving.

that night got a call from Moores (owner) asking wat the **** was going on, why did he want to leave. told moores he didnt want to leave but felt he was being forced, within hours he had contract and signed up.

so as you can see the situations are totally different.

Ronaldo is playing for League and European Champions, paying him amongst the top earners in the world, on the up, he wants to go to Real Madrid, but only if they make him the highest earning most expensive player in the world. its shocking.

no more mention of Gerrard in this thread please, hideously off topic

Well I don't think you'll be convinced otherwise, but safe to sya, I think you're looking at the situation less than objectively (which I understand, as most fans do the same).

But we'll say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I always thought that was the point of competive football, must be have got it wrong all these years.

Ferguson knows when to let a player go and when to keep a player.

e.g. Ferdinand, Cantona.

Your having a go at Ferguson's man management and integrity after he sold one of Uniteds greatest legends in Keane and answered the likes of you by winning back to back Championships and the Champions League.

It's like calling Stephen Hawking a moron.

we will say more, the situations are totally different, to say any different is insane, you cannot manipulate the circumstances of your argument to suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

DSB wrote: »
    If this was anyone else, no1 would be half as critical.

Thats kind of irrelevant IMO, that situation could only arise with a very small group of players in the world. Im referring to the amount of media interest in this case. For him to not come out and completely distance himself from a transfer by now is very irresponsible, seeing as how the whole footballing world is watching.

we will say more, the situations are totally different, to say any different is insane, you cannot manipulate the circumstances of your argument to suit you.

The situations are completely different because Gerrards situation was transparent, eveyone knew he was acting the bollix especially those fans that were burning his shirt.

Not one person on these boards have an iota of what is going on with Ronaldo, Brazilian news rag headlines aside.

Besides Ronaldo is a class above Gerrard which makes this a global story, combined with the fact that there is no other news, nonsense gets made up.

Another difference would be if Ronaldo does go, United will plough on, unlike if Gerrard had left Liverpool that time they knew they neither had the money or the profile to attract a replacement. Que shirt burnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can a Utd fan please list all the excellent players ferguson has let go over the years for not doing things his way or being muppets please....thanks.

MASSIVE difference between letting someone go and letting them rot in the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is this ladies and gentlemen the beginning of the end for Liverpool fans saying "18" all the time?:pac:

topnutz wrote: »
    Thats kind of irrelevant IMO, that situation could only arise with a very small group of players in the world. Im referring to the amount of media interest in this case. For him to not come out and completely distance himself from a transfer by now is very irresponsible, seeing as how the whole footballing world is watching.

No. I'm not saying this would only happen one very small group of players in the world. This witchhunt where even fans outside of the club are outraged by him not speaking out, would only happen to Cristiano Ronaldo. Is there anything he can do that isn't criticised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I pointed this out yesterday in the United Thread but since it has all been moved here, and the fact that the quotes from yesterday are still getting so much attention I just want to point this out again.

It interesting that the dont quote the question he was asked.

If the question he was asked was.

"If Real and Man Utd came to an agreement and you were offfered the oppourtunity to play for Real would you go?" and he answered "Yes, I would like to play at Real Madrid. This is true whether they are willing to spend on me and with the Manchester United what they say. But that does not depend on me".
    That would be a perfectly good answer.

Its very different to answering "Where is your future? Do you wish to leave Man United?" the same way.

Its all about context and that article had none of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

deisedevil wrote: »
    Didn't hurt at all, he very well could be a twat, I couldn't give a toss if he is or not.

You did say Utd would be better off without him. To quote you: Today 12:22
    mormank "well i just reckon ye should sell him and begin life after ronaldo. this is gettin to a point where it is becoming the biggest joke ever...I wonder if we will be changing the calendars and how we record time from BC and AD to BR and AR (before and after Ronaldo)"

Why are you trying to put across a point about Torres being better and he's not a right winger? What has that got to do with anything?

Grow up.

i said ye should sell him. i never said ye would be better off without him. so ur wrong

mormank wrote: »
    i said ye should sell him. i never said ye would be better off without him. so ur wrong

Those actually mean the same thing. Like exactly the same thing. If the club wouldn't be better off without him, weighing up his value to the side (taking all sorts of different factors into account) with his sale value, then it would be a bad idea to sell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

hahaha mommy's boy!!! ssn say he's mommy says he's going nowhere til he's eaten all his porridge....

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    hahaha mommy's boy!!! ssn say he's mommy says he's going nowhere til he's eaten all his porridge....

Grow up.

staker wrote: »

Only one conclusion from this - Ferguson has Ronaldo's Mother!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ronaldo bans Fergie

Manchester United midfielder refuses to meet his club manager at the Portugal training camp to discuss his future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true that are eager to pay me and Manchester Utd what they have been saying they will."

Yea they're blowing it out of proportion!

get a grip of yourself lad :rolleyes:

id expect better from you tbh, this is bull****. it has been proved false and was never said. the Brazilian journalist who was apparently the only one to get this statement wasnt even in Switzerland.

Its sad how people latch onto to anything to prove their point.

its a simple fact that the media are blowing it out of proportion because they have nothing else to do! no England to hype up, no transfers actually taking place. what else have they got to do except try to sell papers with this sensationalist crap

No official statement has come from Ronaldo about wanting to leave, the only official statements have him saying he wants to stay in fact.

this is getting beyond sad,the level in which other teams fans are getting involved and making saints out of newspapers, are you so quick to believe these papers when they are talking about your own players or do you scoff at them claiming they are sensationalist fools?

Ronaldo bans Fergie

Manchester United midfielder refuses to meet his club manager at the Portugal training camp to discuss his future.

sigh,already posted,discussed,etc. no official source for this either but hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story

kryogen wrote: »
    the Brazilian journalist who was apparently the only one to get this statement wasnt even in Switzerland.

they should try and come up with some sort of invention whereby people in different places can communicate with eachother, think of the implications, it would change the world, i'm sure of it!:eek:

can i please have the links where this interview that every paper in the world is carrying has been totally discredited. thanks.

• Advertisement

google it

or actually, no link. but ssn even admitted it was false last night.

and think about the implications of the bull**** your saying here, you claim so, Ronaldo,announcing a decision on his future decided to ring a journo,in Brazil and tell him, and only him of his decision. think about that for a while and if it still seems plausable to you then slap yourself hard

Do you not think (since he loves the attention and cameras) that he would make a big public announcement, you know, rather then just to a little guy in Brazil from an unknown Website....

Really its pathetic to have to explain certain things to people

Those actually mean the same thing. Like exactly the same thing. If the club wouldn't be better off without him, weighing up his value to the side (taking all sorts of different factors into account) with his sale value, then it would be a bad idea to sell him.

no. out of context im afraid. go read everything i wrote on it or else butt out. notice the guy i was talkin to hasnt replied

no. out of context im afraid. go read everything i wrote on it or else butt out. notice the guy i was talkin to hasnt replied

Ugh you're really not the brightest. I clearly pointed out in my post ALL FACTORS CONSIDERED. The factors you were referring to about overstaying his welcome and being too big for his boots were in fact considered.

google it

and think about the implications of the bull**** your saying here, you claim so, Ronaldo,announcing a decision on his future decided to ring a journo,in Brazil and tell him, and only him of his decision. think about that for a while and if it still seems plausable to you then slap yourself hard

Do you not think (since he loves the attention and cameras) that he would make a big public announcement, you know, rather then just to a little guy in Brazil from an unknown Website....

cant find any links discrediting it except fans on different forums.

SSN are running the story still and every paper in the world is also.

you claim its pathetic that i possibly believe this?!.

....do you not find it a little strange there has been no subsequent denial from Ronaldo, SAF, Gill, Ronaldos agent....etc if it is SOOOO made up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

google it

we're so lucky here at Boards to have users who have out smarted the worlds media.

• Advertisement

....do you not find it a little strange there has been no subsequent denial from Ronaldo, SAF, Gill, Ronaldos agent....etc if it is SOOOO made up?

Ronaldo is away at the Portugal training camp and is probably trying to concentrate on that at the moment. And Fergie or Gill can't really deny the story for him. Well they can, but it won't look all that credible unless it comes from him, which I feel it eventually will. Can't blame the lad for wanting to concentrate on Euro 2008. Hes already said he wants to stay at United. Isn't fair to keep expecting him to do so while he has other things on his agenda.

Call_me_al wrote: »
    we're so lucky here at Boards to have users who have out smarted the worlds media.

To be fair the media will print anything that will get people reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56046810&postcount=117

Ugh you're really not the brightest. I clearly pointed out in my post ALL FACTORS CONSIDERED. The factors you were referring to about overstaying his welcome and being too big for his boots were in fact considered.

who are you?? im not the brightest?? i didnt even read your. i was replyin to somebody else and then u pipe in. mind your own business.

and fwiw if you factor in everything then yes ye should sell him. take £100 million in a heartbeat. of course ye should. as has been discussed already by utd fans ye could get messi or kaka for half that price and they are better players than him, better teams players anyway.

all ur posts in fact that i have read are just condescending. so plz just dont speak directly to me anymore...dont quote me either. good day sir

right,this is getting really annoying and i think after this post i may just stop discussing the topic also

ok

Gill and Fergie have both said they will not be commenting anymore, Scolari said nobody in his camp will be allowed discuss club matters while on international duty

Ronaldo hasnt spoke to the media in a week

Who can deny it then? nobody! and nobody has to,just dont feed the troll and it eventually goes away

SSN clearly reported last night that they didnt believe the story to be credible

they are saying now that it was speculation and rumours. not a statement

im bored, enjoy your summer discussing another teams player

i was replyin to somebody else and then u pipe in. mind your own business.

Is this an actual serious request?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

he wants to go to Real Madrid, but only if they make him the highest earning most expensive player in the world. its shocking.

lol

im bored, enjoy your summer discussing another teams player

do you mean us discussing Ronaldo or RM discussing Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Lads Lads Lads he isn't leaving Utd. don't worry.

His Ma said he isn't leaving so relax alright.

• Advertisement

I'd say he meant the first option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kmart6 wrote: »
    7=Raul
    17=RVN
    ???=Ronaldo
    Well he wanted 28 when he moved to Utd. so who knows. That's if he's going of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Cristiano is in a hot position tbh. He could get Chelsea to pay him €1,000,000.00 a month to move to Spain. Anything he got from Real would be gravy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Ronaldo is so far stuck up his own arse he can talk through it..

I hope he has a shocker of a EC, misses every peno he takes and wide open goals every time.

now THAT would be a good summer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Wasnt reading all the thread so apologise if anyone already mentioned it,but Fergie said Ronaldo can go if United gets 50mil+Sergio Ramos,Diarra and Robinho,fair enough:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Pighead wrote: »

Thanks Pighead. That's some good hypocrite busting!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

All this Ronaldo stuff is getting boring. Here is what he said after the CL final

TV interview with BBC after the match and celebrations on the pitch
    BBC TV presenter : Are you going to stay at Man United or are the rumours about you going to Real Madrid, are they true?
    CR : I stay.

The story in the Brazilian Rag was made up.
    Fergie has said he would rather stick him in the Reserves than sell to Madrid.
    Ronaldo has 4 years left of a 5 year contract.

Real have obviously been tapping him up big time but they won't get him!

End of Story!!!

Wasnt reading all the thread so apologise if anyone already mentioned it,but Fergie said Ronaldo can go if United gets 50mil+Sergio Ramos,Diarra and Robinho,fair enough:D

no he didnt that was a rumor of an offer RM were "going to make" that was on BBC transfer gossip a week or two ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

grahamo wrote: »
    Fergie has said he would rather stick him in the Reserves than sell to Madrid.

Paraphrasing slightly, but I think Fergie said he spoke to the Glaziers, and they would sit him in the stands, rather than sell him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement