Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that deserve to be defaced.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Canal Street can very easily lose a C.

...hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just remembered one. Last time I was in Dunshaughlin village some clever little scamp had peeled the 'Kil' part off the 'Kilcock' sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

xavi6 wrote:
    Just remembered one. Last time I was in Dunshaughlin village some clever little scamp had peeled the 'Kil' part off the 'Kilcock' sign.

That's been like that for quite a long time now! Also on the way out of Dunshaughlin heading north some clever fella changed the sign for Kilbride. It now says "I ride" and if I'm not mistaken, the distance is 69 km's?? There was definitely something more to it than just "I ride"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

I regularly change "Out of Order" signs to "South of the Border"

A pub near me owned by a prominent GAA person had a large sign outside which had "Barfood Served Daily" on the bottom. After a while the "ood" went missing/fell off so the sign read " Barf Served Daily" It's been changed this year but I always used to laugh when I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Failte go di Muff.

gets me every time i'm driving home. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't there a diving school in Muff?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Isn't there a diving school in Muff?

But of course -

http://www.muffdivingclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Theres a housing estate near me called "Upper Forest"... gets me every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

One of the roads into an apartment complex near me has a sign saying Residents Only and someone put a P in front of resident. gave me a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

nismo wrote: »
    don't No Where It Was But Seen A Sign In Dublin For
    Caution
    Blind Persons Training

Never Seen Anything Like It.

Withworth Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

bigkev49 wrote: »
    That would be Gracepark Rd.

Yep, there is a school for blind kids there. These signs are also on the Whitworth Road I think.

There is also No Parking sign just of the Little Britain Lane in town, where P was changed to B.

Just remembered few years ago sign on the Grand Canal Dock Dart Station altered. C was missing from Canal, and D changed to C in Dock. It didn't last long though

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

saw a hairdressers once called Talking Heads where the l and s went missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

javaboy wrote: »

Does anyone else find those "Mind our children" signs annoying. Piss off and mind your own children. If you didn't want to pay childcare fees you should have kept your knickers on. Those signs should be defaced.

+1 that or baby on board. Or the more agressive version, usually glued to the back window :- "Back Off!Child on board". W*nkers tbh. Also those stickon ribbons people put on their boots. Its Mostly knackers who do that in Limerick.Hyundai Accent FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Here in Perth there's signs everywhere that say "Form One Lane" and I've changed a few to "Form One PLaneT"

Probably been done loads before but I like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

one of the best is changing Cost Cutter to SCUTTER. this was done a lot in my town and eventually one night the boy-os took down all the letters and painted "scutter" above the shop. that's dedication :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 whiskey&rum

Grand Canal Dock ---- Grand Anal cock!

Getting the dart for 10 years now... still makes me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I remember a few years back in Ranelagh, someone changed all the school crossing signs ( you know the ones with the two children walking side by side), so that they showed a kid walking with the grim reaper.

It was cool. I wish I had a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You cant beat the "Slow Children at Play" gets me everytime.

There'sa bar in New York on 38th street I think called The Cocktail Lounge, was there in January and the "tail" lights were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

antodeco wrote: »
    For my 1000th post it needed to be something good.

hiddendip.gif

I failed :(

I love it! funniest thing ive seen all day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's a hairdresser's in Drogheda called "A&S Hair". Bit of Tippex wouldn't go amiss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I saw 'Danger Forklifts' converted to:

'Anger Or Lift F*cks'

Rather humorous at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

bobmeaney wrote: »
    +1 that or baby on board. Or the more agressive version, usually glued to the back window :- "Back Off!Child on board". W*nkers tbh. Also those stickon ribbons people put on their boots. Its Mostly knackers who do that in Limerick.Hyundai Accent FTW!

+1 and +1... Both of them things annoy the fcukin shyte out of me... Any type of bumper sticker actually. What's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I saw 'Danger Forklifts' converted to:

'Anger Or Lift F*cks'

Rather humorous at the time.
    How? Perhaps Anger F*ck Lifts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Mirror wrote: »
    How? Perhaps Anger F*ck Lifts?

Lifts Anger **** ftw. :D

Try fitting that in a sentence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There was a "Rich Glass" van driving around Dunlaoghaire with the "GL" sticker removed from the "Glass", Im sure this was not the first time someone attacked a Glass company :D

"temporary surface" signs near roadworks should have written over them
    "permanent sign" :)

That's quite good and original.

There's a housig estate on Griffith Ave with a black sign with gold lettering that says "Welcome to Charlemont" that I've seen with the C and the ONT blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,969 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trade in your old Mufflers here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

gogglebok wrote: »
    Arf!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can never pass Nagina Tandoori on George's Street without wishing for a stepladder and a saw.
    The indian across the road from me used to be called LaHore.
    The new owners trifled with naming it Bombay tandoori and Mumbai tandoori. They settled on Bumbai.

I saw a deer crossing sign on the M50 last night. There was a red dot on the nose of the deer, which made me smile. It's on the left as you're heading south from the N4 junction, for those interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

"Accident Black Spot" signs where the black spot has been changed to an eight-ball.

Advertisement