Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Problem- Legal Implications

• 05-06-2008 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello. I would just like some advice on the following situation:

I recently sold a DVD set on Ebay which I purchased from an Asian website. On this website it was listed as being as 100% official and the price seemed amazing so I purchased it with the intent to resell it on ebay. I genuinely believed it was official.

So I sold it on ebay and the buyer received it. I received an email today stating that these are fakes and that they are reporting me to the police to have me prosecuted! Obviously this scared the hell outta me! I did not produce these DVD's and genuinely believed they were the real deal.

I was just wondering if they can actually do this? What kinda trouble would I be in? I'm only 19 and am really worried. The buyer is form another country so will the police from there be able to prosceute me for something?

I hope somone can help clarify cos i'm really scared. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If worst comes to worst, simply tell the buyer that you will reimburse them their money as you didn't realise they were fakes. tell them to send them back and you'll send them their money back

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No legal advice.

Please read the forum charter and stickies before posting in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement