Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned previously.

If someone is using [ YOUTUBE ] tags, can we get this to change to a link to m.youtube.com on the mobile skin?
    'Twould be well useful.

Or even better would be if the mobile youtube player was embedded (but I've no idea if this is even possible).

Any word on this?
    Is it even possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Any word on this?
    Is it even possible?

I haven't had time to check the implications of this yet. At the moment, youtube tags work on the iPhone because Safari notices the video and replaces it with a link to the iPhone YouTube player. If we change it to linking to m.youtube it may break that. I don't want to make an enhancement for one chunk of people and break functionality for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Conor wrote: »
    I haven't had time to check the implications of this yet. At the moment, youtube tags work on the iPhone because Safari notices the video and replaces it with a link to the iPhone YouTube player. If we change it to linking to m.youtube it may break that. I don't want to make an enhancement for one chunk of people and break functionality for others.

Pfffh, iPhone users don't matter.

Pfffh, iPhone users don't matter.

<--- This one does. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Any chance on the mobile site to add an extra link on the top for subscribed threads. I know there is one for subscribed forums, and your user cp. Maybe its just me but the extra click for user cp -> Subscribed threads is kind of annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any chance on the mobile site to add an extra link on the top for subscribed threads. I know there is one for subscribed forums, and your user cp. Maybe its just me but the extra click for user cp -> Subscribed threads is kind of annoying.
    +1

I have it bookmarked at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hi guys,

Just wondering would it be possible to have a 'Lock Thread' button added to the mobile site?

Currently (I'm pretty sure) there is only a report post or delete button and I think it would be beneficial to have a lock option for long threads that get out of hand. I often see threads that need actioning in soccer but I can't do much on the phone.

This possibly should be in development for Ross to see so feel free to move as you see fit.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Live with the extra click, there's limited real estate in the nav bar :)

I've changed how the site should appear on iPhones to remove the need to "zoom" in and out. Will see how it works out.

I've also changed "!!" to "Report!" to make it more obvious what that is supposed to mean.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering would it be possible to have a 'Lock Thread' button added to the mobile site?

Currently (I'm pretty sure) there is only a report post or delete button and I think it would be beneficial to have a lock option for long threads that get out of hand. I often see threads that need actioning in soccer but I can't do much on the phone.

This possibly should be in development for Ross to see so feel free to move as you see fit.

Cheers

Thought Conor had done this last week sometime, he must still be working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ross wrote: »
    Live with the extra click, there's limited real estate in the nav bar :)

I've changed how the site should appear on iPhones to remove the need to "zoom" in and out. Will see how it works out.

Much preferred the ability to zoom in & out. The new default resoloution is far too big, especially in landscape format. Makes it much harder to read, for me anyway.

• Advertisement

I've made it so it should look a bit better now, will see how it pans out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ross wrote: »
    ... will see how it pans out.

Good pun :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It looked better before on Nokia Browser on E51.

Spacing is far too big now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

A-Trak wrote: »
    The new default resoloution is far too big...
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Spacing is far too big now.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

The quick reply at the bottom is very big, it looks like the font is very big but it looks fine when I post it.

Can we get some spaces between the links on the Navbar? very frustrating having it as all one word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What happened to m.boards.ie from earlier today? The spacing in many areas has gone huge! Especially bad when viewing a list of threads. The "post reply" is unusually big also. Using Opera Mini on a SE mobile. Can it be rolled back or tweaked? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

not sure what the reason is, but last few days the font has been tiny. when i open boards on phone its unreadable and have to zoom - and then if reading it pan across to get the rest of the text. the sizeing is all gone pear shaped! was fine before. font is about half this this size now which is tiny. Using a samsung omnia if that make a difference.

Any chance of getting a lock thread button for m.boards?

Allows you to come back to it later when you are back at a pc with full mod tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any update on getting a workaround for the spoiler tags?

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Any update on getting a workaround for the spoiler tags?

TBH, I haven't been able to look at it. There have been higher-priority things on my plate.

Bug Report: Clicking on Home loads an iPhone image called content.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Bug Report: Clicking on Home loads an iPhone image called content.

Is that on an iPhone

Tallon wrote: »
    Is that on an iPhone

Nokia S60

Seems to be fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

On Opera mini 5 beta, on the "speed dial," where you have visual bookmarks as below - when you bookmark m.boards.ie, the text is out of focus and extremely blurry.

speed-dial.jpg

I'll try and get a screen grab (using a Blackberry storm BTW.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is anyone having problems where you go to a page on m.boards then have to manually refresh it after the loads for the lastest posts to show up?

I was having this problem on a Sony Ericsson W705 and thought it was the browser. Now on my Palm Pre, its the same. Regular boards is perfect but m.boards is a manual refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

+1 on that. Mobile links in the emails would be very handy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Need a reply and a reply to all option for private messages.

Need a lock option for mods.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement