Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

can we have some sort of 'posted from mobile' tag for posts that have been made from a mobile device? Pretty please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

We used to have this before and it was taken out. I'd like for this to return too because sometimes it can explain so much about a post !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Random wrote: »
    We used to have this before and it was taken out. I'd like for this to return too because sometimes it can explain so much about a post !

Exactly, I keep feeling the need to tell people I'm posting from mobile

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Also, recently, editing a post on m.boards results in a load of <br/> and other HTML characters thrown in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I've often replied to a thread when mobile browsing only to find out the discussion has been already closed. Any way of sorting this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Any sign of a thanks button yet? And to be able to check your thanks in user cp?

Maybe add something like "Thanks (x)" to the bottom of posts where x is the number of thanks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Any sign of a thanks button yet? And to be able to check your thanks in user cp?
    New addition I noticed today - you can see how many thanks a post received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Saibh wrote: »
    New addition I noticed today - you can see how many thanks a post received.

That's a step in the right direction. Now to include a thanks function, that would make the site perfect :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

A multi quote button would be handy.

Also, would it just be my phone, or is non-predictive text the only option? To get the letter "Y" I've to press the number 9, 4 times.

It's not helping the no txt spk rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

In the Android browser the quote boxes are wider than the thread posts and prevent zooming in and reflow of the content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

JohnK wrote: »
    Any update on getting a workaround for the spoiler tags?
    If it is to view what is written in a spoiler tag - quote the post and you will see the text.

Fago_25 wrote: »
    A multi quote button would be handy.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I would like to be able to read pm's on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You can. Click User CP.

A thanks button and a multi quote button (As already mentioned) would be nice.

Also when someone posts a youtube video, the thread becomes really slow and what's worse is when you click on the video nothing happens - you can't even watch it. When someone posts an image, a link to that image is there, rather then having to wait for the picture to load. Why not have that with youtube videos? Put a link to said video instead of have the dag blasted thing load!

Mentioned before but I'll bump the "bug" again. When you go to the main http://m.boards.ie page (and are logged in) then it doesn't alert you that you have new PMs. It only alerts you from other pages.

Is any1 else having problems with the time on threads and forums since the clocks changed last night?
    On the main page,the time is correct, but if you're in a thread or on a specific forum, the time is an hour slow. Very feckin confusing-i keep thinking i'm looking at old posts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi guys,
    When I click forums on the tool bar above the layout has total changed. It gives a breakdown of each subforum within the parent forum. I am on a nokia e71 and this changes make that function useless, it literally took me ten mins to find this forum as the list is so long.
    Is this a permanent change
    Little Miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Is this a permanent change
    Hopefully not. It seems that every forum and subforum is listed along with the last active topic in each forum.
    Surely some mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Hopefully not. It seems that every forum and subforum is listed along with the last active topic in each forum.
    Surely some mistake?
    Looks like all has been returned to normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Conor wrote: »
    TBH, I haven't been able to look at it. There have been higher-priority things on my plate.

Conor,

cause the iPad launched, One of the lads on NeoGAF says this link gives instructions on how to remove spoiler tags from a vbulletin forum.

Tried it with m.boards and full boards on iPhone but no effect. Maybe you can understand it.

I'd love to be able to upload images! CAn there be a feature for this?

Is anybody important reading these suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Currently on Boards mobile while driving so you'll have to excuse my lack of paragraphs. When I go into Private Messages, can a link to the Sent Box be on top of the page? Scrolling all the way down to the bottom is a pain in the arse when I want to check if my message was sent. Also, thanks etc.
    Fago! wrote: »
    Is anybody important reading these suggestions?

I am.

Could there be (or is there,and i'm missing it?), a way to see your post count in the User CP?
    Don't want to miss out realising a mile stone post cos i'm on my mobile :)

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Could there be (or is there,and i'm missing it?), a way to see your post count in the User CP?
    Don't want to miss out realising a mile stone post cos i'm on my mobile :)

And thanks count!

And a thanks button!

Fago! wrote: »
    And thanks count!

And a thanks button!

Ooh and a multi quote button too. Knew i'd forgotten something!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Keep getting the following message when trying to access m.boards on my iphone: Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.

Happens wether I'm on 3G or Wifi. Any suggestions? Other sites seem to be fine btw.

Thanks to all as always for the work that's gone into m.boards to date, it's greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

on the pm page can you move the inbox/sent/compose options to the top of the page? it takes forever to scroll if you have a lot of pms.

could you also add a reply option please?

thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement