Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I don't know how many times this has been asked but is there a way of incorporating a thanks button into boards mobile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The mobile version has no method for "Reply All" to PMs which is frustrating for mods IMO. For group discussions, you cant take part over the mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

unknown13 wrote: »
    I don't know how many times this has been asked but is there a way of incorporating a thanks button into boards mobile.
    Thanks button is greatly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

CuLT wrote: »
    It is stripped down, it is missing a lot of features; it is meant to give basic access to the forums, not replace the regular version :)
    I think a lot of people miss the bit I've highlighted from the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I use it from an iPhone, and I find that it's really hard to touch on specific links sometimes, especially on particular page numbers. It gets really fiddly because my fingers are big and the writing is small. I could zoom in each time I want to click a link, but that isn't very functional.

Other than that, it's great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anyone looking at these suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Fago! wrote: »
    Anyone looking at these suggestions?

Yes, they're just not priorities right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Conor wrote: »
    Yes, they're just not priorities right now.

Christ that was quick. Fair nuff Conor :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

When editing a post, the edit box contains raw HTML. <br>'s everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Jonathan wrote: »
    When editing a post, the edit box contains raw HTML. <br>'s everywhere.
    No such problems here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

a link to boards deals can be added to the subscribed emails pretty easy it appears. would someone maybe have a look at adding a link to the mobile version of the threads etc too?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone else's page look different today? Something has changed, but can't figure out what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Anyone else's page look different today? Something has changed, but can't figure out what!
    The option to select your subbed list is not shown anymore when you are viewing a forum.

Have to select home to get to your subbed list.

Can it be put back please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Boards.ie on Opera Mobile on a Nokia E52....when using the category menus at the top of the page the dropdown list stays off to the left when using category menus further to the right. it might be an Opera issue but just thought I'd contribute anyhow in case it's a boards.ie issue

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

jkforde wrote: »
    Boards.ie on Opera Mobile on a Nokia E52....when using the category menus at the top of the page the dropdown list stays off to the left when using category menus further to the right. it might be an Opera issue but just thought I'd contribute anyhow in case it's a boards.ie issue
    Hiya, m.boards.ie is the preferred way to access Boards.ie on a mobile device. Problems/slowness can occur with the regular site on mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

roger that Ross, typically boards.ie loads perfectly well with OM10 bar that small script issue that I highlighted, it's just a personal preference to use the full site if the tech\apps are available! take it handy

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    roger that Ross, typically boards.ie loads perfectly well with OM10 bar that small script issue that I highlighted, it's just a personal preference to use the full site if the tech\apps are available! take it handy
    Alrighty! The site does mostly work on modern mobile browsers, but can exhibit some bizarre behaviour that's difficult to track down (testing on various handsets/browsers), hence the m.boards.ie recommendation :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Delighted there's now a thanks button-thanks lads! :D

• Advertisement

It will be possible at some point, I'll be rewriting the mobile homepage at some stage (hopefully before the end of the year).

Not sure what you mean by "read report button".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If I can just go back to the mobile links in notification emails there for a second, given that those emails now just point to a URL that performs a redirect (eg: http://boards.ie/tre/2055488699) would it be possible to have that redirect check your user agent and send mobiles to the thread on the mobile site and everyone else would continue to the full site as is done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hello.
    I have an iphone and cant use m.boards the last week.
    Had to re-set my settings on my phone last week and now when I try log on to m.boards it says, 'the security token is unvalid, please inform the administrator' and there's a link to let you do that but it dosen't work.

I can get onto boards but won't let me log in and acceess my subbed forums.
    I rang meteor and it dosen't seem to be a problem from their end??

Loopy wrote: »
    Hello.
    I have an iphone and cant use m.boards the last week.
    Had to re-set my settings on my phone last week and now when I try log on to m.boards it says, 'the security token is unvalid, please inform the administrator' and there's a link to let you do that but it dosen't work.

I can get onto boards but won't let me log in and acceess my subbed forums.
    I rang meteor and it dosen't seem to be a problem from their end??
    Hiya, no specific problem with the mobile site at the moment - often these problems are browser related (Safari in your case).

If you go into Safari under the Settings icon, you should see some options down the bottom like:

[ Clear History ]
    [ Clear Cookies ]
    [ Clear Cache ]

I'd suggest trying "Clear Cache", then trying to log in again. If that doesn't do the job, "Clear Cookies" might. Bear in mind that this second option will mean your phone browser "forgets" the saved usernames on passwords for all sites, so you'll have to re-enter them again.

Ah, that is a really obnoxious feature :) There's a bunch of stuff left out to simplify the interface for the mobile site, though if that turns out to be something people would use a lot we can have a look at putting it in.
    JohnK wrote: »
    If I can just go back to the mobile links in notification emails there for a second, given that those emails now just point to a URL that performs a redirect (eg: http://boards.ie/tre/2055488699) would it be possible to have that redirect check your user agent and send mobiles to the thread on the mobile site and everyone else would continue to the full site as is done now?

Seems like that might be a good way to handle it; can't quite remember how we've implemented that redirect at present, but will stick it on the list.

Ross wrote: »
    Hiya, no specific problem with the mobile site at the moment - often these problems are browser related (Safari in your case).

If you go into Safari under the Settings icon, you should see some options down the bottom like:

[ Clear History ]
    [ Clear Cookies ]
    [ Clear Cache ]

I'd suggest trying "Clear Cache", then trying to log in again. If that doesn't do the job, "Clear Cookies" might. Bear in mind that this second option will mean your phone browser "forgets" the saved usernames on passwords for all sites, so you'll have to re-enter them again.

Thanks Ross, I've actually done all that.
    I can now access m.boards. The problem is I can't access my subbed forums :confused: It keeps defaulting back to username and password saying, I do not have permission to perform this action, even though I have already entered them.

I'm able to get on using a work colleagues iphone.

My phone just needed an update, hadn't synced it in a while :o
    All ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

It's prob been mentioned before but agent detect would be great.
    Redirect all mobile agents to mobile version as is the case w other sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

harryd2 wrote: »
    It's prob been mentioned before but agent detect would be great.
    Redirect all mobile agents to mobile version as is the case w other sites.

It used to be like that iirc but not everyone who's using a phone necessarily wants to use the mobile version. I never use it myself and I'm posting this from my phone

If the user agent detector is brought back then imo its most important feature should be an option to turn it off

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement