Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

A full version link at bottom of page is generally used for that.
    I find the full site is way too resource hungry for my hero. Unusable on any symbian I've tried. too

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Is there a way of opening a link in an email notification to a thread that directs you to the mobile version .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would be handy if there was a "Reply to all" link in PMs also. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when quoting text on the iPhone the text is tiny, making it very hard to see what you are typing. Best way to explain is if I post screenshots:

147727.PNG

^ This is how it looks when I use the quick reply box. Normal size text which is easy to see.

However, when I use the quote button it looks like this:

147728.PNG

It's far too small. It's impossible to post because I can't see what I'm typing. PMs are the same. I can't zoom in either, so usually I have to either copy the quote into the quick reply box, or in the case of a pm type it in another app and paste it. In most cases it's simpler to just go into Full Version mode.

It's always been like this for me. I'm not sure if this only affects the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Any chance of a "remove thanks" button on the mobile site? I keep unintentionally pressing the "thanks" button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Can we add agent detect?
    It's easy to do so... very beneifical for mobile agents, as the homepage is pretty resource hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭Penn

yekahS made an announcement on the Conspiracy Theories Forum as we have updated the charter. Im using the mobile site on the phone at the minute, but I went to thank the post, being a fellow mod of the forum. On the mobile site, when you thank a post, it reloads the page and brings you back to the top of the page. However, when my page reloaded, I was redirected here

Not sure if this only happens on the mobile site when thanking announcements.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can we get a "Reply to All" for PMs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi,

Apologies if it has been mentioned all ready, i don't fancy reading through 400+ posts, but would it be feasible or even possible to create an Android and iPhone/Pod/Pad app for boards?

I find apps much easier and clearer to use than mobile versions of sites, and i would definitely use boards more when I'm on the go.

Thanks
    Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Multi quote button would be nice pleeeze.

Also, if I try quote a very long post using boards mobile, it just crashes my phone browser and my phone turns off. It's a pain in the Ed Balls because it signs me out of boards when that happens (aswell as many other sites I'm logged into on my phone)

Any way of making it so we can quote long posts on mobile?

BTW if that just happens to me and no-one else, ingore that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

dannym08 wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies if it has been mentioned all ready, i don't fancy reading through 400+ posts, but would it be feasible or even possible to create an Android and iPhone/Pod/Pad app for boards?

I find apps much easier and clearer to use than mobile versions of sites, and i would definitely use boards more when I'm on the go.

Thanks
    Dan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783932

Not for a long time I'd say

When I reply or try to compose a thread on the mobile site whe writing is so small it's totally unreadable. I'm using an iPhone.
    It's really painfully on the eyes trying to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Like mega long.

I'd say roughly this long:

or something like that. I've been using the meteor wap browser thing that came with my phone. I use Opera Mini sometimes but I never tried quoting long posts.

Id love to see two things added to PMs for Mobile;
    1) Reply to All -- Handy for mods group chats.
    2) BCC/CC options.

Something to consider. :)

isup wrote: »
    When I reply or try to compose a thread on the mobile site whe writing is so small it's totally unreadable. I'm using an iPhone.
    It's really painfully on the eyes trying to read it.

Is it just me?? Or can other people read what they're typing when starting a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've been getting that one for the past week or so too. Received a invalid response (which isn't grammatically correct, but I digress)

However, it definitely seems to have gotten worse today. I know Boards was down for a bit last night for maintenance, just wondering if that has anything to do with it. Today on the mobile site, some pages are also not loading properly when they do load. Text different, no colour background etc.

I'm on an android phone on Vodafone.

Thanks

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Barrington wrote: »
    I've been getting that one for the past week or so too. Received a invalid response (which isn't grammatically correct, but I digress)

However, it definitely seems to have gotten worse today. I know Boards was down for a bit last night for maintenance, just wondering if that has anything to do with it. Today on the mobile site, some pages are also not loading properly when they do load. Text different, no colour background etc.

I'm on an android phone on Vodafone.

Thanks

One of the guys in the office tested it here for me and got the same thing. He also explained what the story is.

Vodafone (on some plans) wrap our site to show ads on it. When you see "invalid response", that's text being served from Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Conor wrote: »
    One of the guys in the office tested it here for me and got the same thing. He also explained what the story is.

Vodafone (on some plans) wrap our site to show ads on it. When you see "invalid response", that's text being served from Vodafone.

Barrington flagged this with me on Twitter, I've tested and I'm seeing the same errors - both the invalid response and plain text/white page.

I'm going to raise this to the the tech team.

Barrington / Captain - can I ask what devices and APNs you're using?

The developer who replicated in the office here was also using the Live! APN.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If you change your live settings to bypass the proxy pages should load without the ads but often they're still not processed correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Thanks Captain, Ross & Conor.

Seems to be the Live APN alright. I've opened a ticket with the network management team and I'll keep you updated.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the Live APN alright. I've opened a ticket with the network management team and I'll keep you updated.

If it's any help, another of the developers in here who has an Android phone and is on the Vodafone network but not on the Live APN is not seeing the problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement