Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not again :(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

:( Damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Ah crap, I hope they find those responsible and prosecute the hell out of them.
    Their going to need to do something or more will be lost, they need to make people aware and have real fear of the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

don't know the full ins and outs, i heard local farmers had issues pre rerelease of these birds but surely there's better alternatives than poisoning!! (other foods being made available is the only thing i can think of though!!:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

This is just disgraceful !
    If found, the person responsible should be imprisoned. No ifs or buts. Jail !!

If those that have issues only went up to Donegal and talked to the farmers there they would realise their paranoia is without foundation.

It's amazing how opinions can differ from one part of the country to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

megadodge wrote: »

It's amazing how opinions can differ from one part of the country to the other.

It really is and even vastly more from country to country, even in cases of very similar countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

staker wrote: »
    don't know the full ins and outs, i heard local farmers had issues pre rerelease of these birds but surely there's better alternatives than poisoning!! (other foods being made available is the only thing i can think of though!!:o)

i hope you aren't suggesting it was farmers without any evidence
    or statement from the guards.Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Likely it wasn't deliberate (my money's on alpha-chloralose meat baits for corvids and the like), but it's still rather unfortunate, and a great shame. Beautiful creatures.

Advertisement