Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put Steve's cars

• 05-06-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

When I collect one of Steve's cars in GTA IV, I get a message saying something like 'You have found one of Steves cars'. But when I try to bring it to him there is no marker on the map. I heard it is supposed to be in the northern part of the 1st island.

Please help me. I never once cheated in the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Its in Bohan (the northern most island). You should see an icon for the garage on your map once you pick up the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It is very near your safehouse in Bohan, just around the corner and up the street, then left again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'll have a lookout for it.

Thanks both of ye :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

does that icon only come up if its a car he wants? i think its always up on mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nah, I think it stays there but only opens the door if your in a required car. Took me ages to work out where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I think i know that garage and i was wondering what it was for. I haven't found this Steve fella, can anyone tell me where you find him??

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I think i know that garage and i was wondering what it was for. I haven't found this Steve fella, can anyone tell me where you find him??

During the game, Brucie gives you a call saying there is a guy called Steve who is looking for cars to steal. Then after a while you get a text from Steve showing a picture and a location to where to steal a perticular car. I think you have to collect Brucie's cars first though.

My game is broken:(

When I get into the car that Steve asked for, It does not come up 'Steve is looking for this'. Also when I bring it to the garage in Bohan, it doesn't open. I know what garage it is because when I threw grenades at it, they just went right through.

I'll have to start the game again if I need 100%:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is there anywhere to put cars you find so they'll stay there when you resume a game?

Have been looking for somewhere to put the sweeeeeet car Bryce gave me for helping him.

I think my game is broken too. I've done all the missions and side missions including collecting bruces cars and winning his races, and i don't remember ever meeting this steve or getting any texts. The reason i noticed the garage was because it shows up as a car icon on the map.
    Shnit

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to put cars you find so they'll stay there when you resume a game?

Have been looking for somewhere to put the sweeeeeet car Bryce gave me for helping him.

Outside your safehouse theres a parking zone which is same thing as the garage in the older gta's. Look for a faint yellow parking rectangle box on the street just outside your safehouse door. You can only store two vehicles including bikes on this.

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I think my game is broken too. I've done all the missions and side missions including collecting bruces cars and winning his races, and i don't remember ever meeting this steve or getting any texts. The reason i noticed the garage was because it shows up as a car icon on the map.
    Shnit

You should have gotten the first text message shortly after completing the mission "Smackdown". Its a Derrick McReary mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

i did smackdown there last nite and go no text from steve?
    i haven't done the gerry missions yet or do you just need to get to a certain%?

Have you done all the Brucie missions as well? I think thats also a requirement.
    AFAIR Brucie tells you about Stevie and then you get the first text message after that.

I feel stupid now.

The garage was on my map the whole time. I thought it was just a carwash:p

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

mika27 wrote: »
    Have you done all the Brucie missions as well? I think thats also a requirement.
    AFAIR Brucie tells you about Stevie and then you get the first text message after that.
    Yeah you need to complete "No. 1" for Brucie as well as "Smackdown for Derrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

got the first text but havent a clue where the car is?? Will it indicate on the map???

It will give you the area name in the text message but then you have to use the picture to find the car. Look for anything obvious in the background of the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

anyone any idea how many cars you get for him? Iv only gotten two so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

30 - works towards 100% and the achievement on the 360.

• Advertisement

fallon54 wrote: »
    got the first text but havent a clue where the car is?? Will it indicate on the map???
    Every car name he texts you will be at random, so there's no way of knowing which will be next. And no, it won't show it on the map. You are give the district to go to. You have to look at the background on the photo. A little bit of work involved, but it's actually easier than you think.

The car locations are on the maps you can get from whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com on the in-game internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭COUCH WARRIOR

I found the paper map came in handy, as a region or street name or building is often mentioned in the text and a lot of these are on one of the maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ive just over 80 percent done in the game,havent gone near it in a week r two.
    But i cant remember any Stevie,there definitely is a garage on the map tho?

Yes, there is definitely a garage. It's one block east of your Bohan safehouse.

nealmac wrote: »
    Yes, there is definitely a garage. It's one block east of your Bohan safehouse.

maybe i worded that wrong,i know there is definitely a garage.
    Its on my map,ive come across it but ive never done any steve mission

You never meet him or do any missions for him. You just get text messages with pictures of the cars he wants and a description of the location to pick them up from.

jackncoke wrote: »
    maybe i worded that wrong,i know there is definitely a garage.
    Its on my map,ive come across it but ive never done any steve mission
    Ah, sorry. My mistake then. Ok, have you completed "No. 1" for Brucie as well as "Smackdown" for Derrick?

I would think so yeah,ive the main story completed.
    Ill have to have a look this evening,.what happens in both those missions?,it might ring a bell

edit:just checked,definitely both of those missions completed

• Advertisement

Yeah well if you completed the story you would have them done. "No. 1" is the first street race you do. I forget what "Smackdown" was. Check all your old text messages. You may have missed one.

Advertisement