Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Laser card for under 18

Options
  • 05-06-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

I've been with AIB for almost a year now. I'm 16 and was just wondering if I am able to apply for a Laser/Debit card. I know they were sent out a few months ago but I never received one. Is it because I am underage?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

In a word, yes. I'm not exactly sure why but I think it has to do with not being allowed to charge minors fees and charges / give credit (you can force credit with some bank's lasers).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I had one when i was 17. With a student account. Still have the same account and i cant force credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I got one.

It turns out that my brother knows a guy who works for AIB and he got me one.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I went into BOI and asked if I could get a laser card, and the guy said something about even debit cards being a type of loan and so they can't give then to under-18s which really irked me as it would be so handy to have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

A girl from AIB told me that they no longer issue standard bank cards and they are all laser/chipped cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

My pin was sent out in 3 working days and the card followed 2 days after. It shouldn't take long.

Advertisement