Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What some f****r did to my car

Options
  • 05-06-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

Would love to find him/her €625 to put right again. What joy can people possibly get out of this???? Car is 08 Golf GT sport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Some lovely sweet people out there alright:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Jeez hard luck mate. Nice motor too. Id say you'd like 15 mins with the culprit. Its a very low cowardly act motivated by jealousy imo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

€625 seems very expensive. Saying that, I cant see how deep it is in the photo. Where did it happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

alexmcred wrote: »
    Would love to find him/her €625 to put right again. What joy can people possibly get out of this???? Car is 08 Golf GT sport.

Presumably a Green party supporter! Some really are that bad that they will attack cars in this way. We had one nutter in the area that believed it was its right to scrape modest cars to show its disgust at people exercising their choice in transport. I use the word "it" correctly in this case.

Or more likely it's the way society has gone, when I was young I was thought to respect other peoples property and if there was something that was out of reach to aspire to work hard to achieve it.

I did that and havn't looked back;)

Unfortunately the consumerist society we have is all about grasping and odious displays of wealth that leave the underclass with a major resentment of anyone elses property so they would rather destroy it than try to get it by honest means.

Highlights the total lack of effective policing

Hopefully the scumbag will get whats coming to him/her/it a.s.a.p

Commiserations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

is that price for the full door to be sprayed.. Seems very costly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

antodeco wrote: »
    €625 seems very expensive. Saying that, I cant see how deep it is in the photo. Where did it happen?

Was not able to park in my estate due to road works and had to park on a road/estate. Car was only there 2hrs. €625 is for the full door to be resprayed. It is fairly deep gone down to metal in two spots.

Car battery with jumper leads and attaching it to various parts of their bodies comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Car battery with jumper leads and attaching it to various parts of their bodies comes to mind

Agreed.

Sorry to hear that alexmcred, cowardly, selfish thing to do. Had a few lads who keyed my old car too, I was raging mad after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sorry about that mate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Had the same done to my car a few years ago:mad: i feel for you..hopefully they'll get theirs someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I drive a 95 Corsa and it was in a bad state when I bought it. Someone poured battery acid on the bonnet so the paint was stripped (or melted). I'm only a student and needed a car to learn in so I wasn't worried about the bonnet. Anyway at the weekend a guy gave out to me that I was parked too close to his car. I politely pointed out that he was parked over the white line so it was his fault I was so close to him. When I came back to my car later someone had scratched and dented all 4 doors of my car. I can only assume it was him. I don't know what he thought he would acheive as firstly, he was in the wrong and secondly, there's no paint on my bonnet but it just goes to show that some people are really pathetic. The scratches and dents also look like they were done with a car down so he must have damaged his car door in the process so the mind boggles. This guy was in his late 40's or so by the way, so you'd think he'd have some sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Son of a *****.

Things like that grind my ****.

I'm so glad I'm driving an old, cheap car, cause something like that would completely devastate me, and I'd never be able to love that car again, cause everytime I'd remember that scratch.

What kind of a vile, scum does this? no, really, you see a beautiful mint car, that's taken care off, what the **** makes you go near it and scratch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Car is 08 Golf GT sport.

And I'm willing to bet some scrote thought that was reason enough (prolly drives a Nissan RT* non-sport)

Mike

*Racing Trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Some wanker crumpled the rear drivers side quarter panel on the missus Scenic a couple of weeks ago. Only evidence was some blue paint. *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Unlucky, i dont supose anyone around saw who did it like neighbours or that? even they did some job to catch them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

What a sickener. The guy is obviously a loser who has no valuable posessions of his own or he would not have done that. Unfortunatly people like that are everywhere, there's nothing much you can do but look down on them.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I'm so glad I'm driving an old, cheap car, cause something like that would completely devastate me, and I'd never be able to love that car again, cause everytime I'd remember that scratch.

:eek: It's not liked they raped the car, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

You'd be surprised the people who actually do this, some oul lad round our way was scratching cars for ages, for no good reason too other than he'd completely lost the plot, got caught and made to pay for all or at least some of the damaged cars.

Anywho, you say it was in an estate? So prob the person who lives closest to your chosen parking spot, partic as it was done so quickly. If you had the time or the inclination you could park there again, perhaps using a diff car, or your own again to bait them, then stake out and.... boom, pounce on em when they come sniffing. Perhaps a bit too much effort but be worth it to catch the fooker..

There were sh*t loads of other cars around and so the c**t had plenty to choose from. I was well away from any drive way openings as well. Think its as most people have said just some random f**ker. My wife was saying there was another car she heard of being damaged pity she failed to tell me this before I parked my car over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hard luck... scumbags whoever it was!

I'd imagine it ain't as simple as just painting the affected door, they'll also need to blend into the adjoining panels a bit to ensure a colour match... hence the €625. Worth getting someone who comes recommended to do the job, as a bad paint job can look as bad if not worse than the original damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tough luck man,
    Sadly there's jack **** one can do about this sort of thing and its all to common nowadays.

Thank fcuk I have a heap of sh1t 00 Focus that I dont really give too much of a damn about.
    It's stuff like this that stops me from buying a more expensive car to be honest.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What a wonderful country we live in, eh:rolleyes:?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

May I remind some of you of this section of the charter
    NO (or at least as little as possible) swearing – the stars are there for a reason you know!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I think some form of torture like what happened in that film "Hostel" is what's called for. Unfortunately as is the case with some p&*k who does this sort of thing, you are never there to catch them in the act!

I got a scrape (not as bad mind you) and it cost me €500 odd to fix as they have to go right down to the metal and build it back up again - the whole door had to be done!

Some vindictive little begrudering cunnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

would nearly put you off owning a nice car, i see this sort of thing too often :(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

Sorry to see that OP. Absolute scumbag, jeezzz that really boils my blood. What is it exactly they get out of doing something like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

out of curiousity this wouldn't have been parked around the finglas / charlestown area would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Argh ... yeh thats a pain in the ass !

Same thing happened to me, was parked in the shared parking in our apartment block, some chick pulled out so i pulled into the space, i went across to the shop and she came back about 5 minutes later, was sitting there looking at my car in the space (its a shared parking ground) I came back downstairs and saw a scratch from ass to front all the way down the side of mine. Went over to her banged up fiesta and looked in the window, screwdriver on the passenger seat with paint flecks from my car all over the seat and screwdriver.

I went ballistic, moved the car into another space just incase she went back to do it again, walked into town, came back and the b*tch had done the other side too ! So, i was going to go and buy a pick axe and create a nice few holes, or was going to go down the motor factors and buy a bottle of brake fluid to give her car a nice shower, g/f convinced me it was a bad idea. :)

Went to the cops he came out and looked at the damage, agreed that she was a b*tch. Basically said he could do nothing unless i, or someone else saw her do it.

So i printed up a ton of fliers offering 100 euros reward for anyone with information about it, put them in all the surrounding apartments and businesses + houses on the street. Got a call from this woman ... sounded a bit suss, then got a call from the same number claiming to be a different person saying she saw a van do it ? Realised it must be her, so when she rang back again, i chanced my arm and said i couldnt give the reward as we had cctv footage of a person owning a blue fiesta damaging the car with a screwdriver and that the gardai were going to contact them and the management company.

She just went quiet and hung up.

Contacted the management company and let them know.

A few weeks after that she started parking her car well far away from the block and then she eventually moved off, everyone knew it was her and the management company kicked her out of her apartment.

Found out a few weeks later she'd done it to a few other cars to, including a lovely Jag E type :(

Still didnt get me my car fixed but did at least get rid of the b*tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

f******* but yeah, how in the name of all thats holy did you get a 625 qoute for that , just off hand it loks a 370-380 job pre-VAT.

might wanna get somemore qoutes :(

S.I.R wrote: »
    f******* but yeah, how in the name of all thats holy did you get a 625 qoute for that , just off hand it loks a 370-380 job pre-VAT.

might wanna get somemore qoutes :(

The garage I got the quote from is the one in town that all the insurance companies recommend. The fact that the car is only 3 months old is the main reason I would look at going with that quote. I don't really want to get it done cheaply in case it’s not up to the same standard.

It happened in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

craichoe wrote: »
    So, i was going to go and buy a pick axe and create a nice few holes, or was going to go down the motor factors and buy a bottle of brake fluid to give her car a nice shower, g/f convinced me it was a bad idea. :)

You listened to your girlfriend before exacting revenge on that woman???

facepalm.jpeg

Not that I condone in any way the spraying of brake fluid on said car ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

You listened to your girlfriend before exacting revenge on that woman???

facepalm.jpeg

Not that I condone in any way the spraying of brake fluid on said car ;)

Yeh, i just would have regretted it afterwards ... i'd be as bad as she was and what if i'd made a mistake and did it to the wrong one ?

Advertisement