Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What some f****r did to my car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Sorry, couldnt resist.

You have to do what you think is right, and I probably would have done the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Sorry forgot to say thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

craichoe wrote: »
    Argh ... yeh thats a pain in the ass !

Same thing happened to me, was parked in the shared parking in our apartment block, some chick pulled out so i pulled into the space, i went across to the shop and she came back about 5 minutes later, was sitting there looking at my car in the space (its a shared parking ground) I came back downstairs and saw a scratch from ass to front all the way down the side of mine. Went over to her banged up fiesta and looked in the window, screwdriver on the passenger seat with paint flecks from my car all over the seat and screwdriver.

I went ballistic, moved the car into another space just incase she went back to do it again, walked into town, came back and the b*tch had done the other side too ! So, i was going to go and buy a pick axe and create a nice few holes, or was going to go down the motor factors and buy a bottle of brake fluid to give her car a nice shower, g/f convinced me it was a bad idea. :)

Went to the cops he came out and looked at the damage, agreed that she was a b*tch. Basically said he could do nothing unless i, or someone else saw her do it.

So i printed up a ton of fliers offering 100 euros reward for anyone with information about it, put them in all the surrounding apartments and businesses + houses on the street. Got a call from this woman ... sounded a bit suss, then got a call from the same number claiming to be a different person saying she saw a van do it ? Realised it must be her, so when she rang back again, i chanced my arm and said i couldnt give the reward as we had cctv footage of a person owning a blue fiesta damaging the car with a screwdriver and that the gardai were going to contact them and the management company.

She just went quiet and hung up.

Contacted the management company and let them know.

A few weeks after that she started parking her car well far away from the block and then she eventually moved off, everyone knew it was her and the management company kicked her out of her apartment.

Found out a few weeks later she'd done it to a few other cars to, including a lovely Jag E type :(

Still didnt get me my car fixed but did at least get rid of the b*tch

I'd have crucified the bit^h especially since you say you saw a screwdriver on her seat with your paint on it!! You definitely should have confronted her as how rare is it to actually find someone who has done this to your car!

What a fcuking cunnt..............

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i had a 94 Seat Ibiza and some ****er keyed both sides of the car. why would anyone be bothered to doing that. Yours was probably done out of jealousy. i cant see anyone begin jealous of my car. mind you someone then sold it and ran it in to the wall. may be there is a certain section of society who are jealous of old battered cars:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You got robbed with the paint job as well, 625e :eek:

For a scratch, what type of paint is it, super duper paint.

I have had a few paint jobs over the years and never never came close to that figure and the damage wa greater than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Stekelly wrote: »
    Some wanker crumpled the rear drivers side quarter panel on the missus Scenic a couple of weeks ago. Only evidence was some blue paint. *****.
    Careful now, based on my experience you'll have some of the dimmer elements here telling you it's your own fault for not parking it in your driveway at all times or it's only a car and don't be so precious about it. :rolleyes:

To you and the OP, my sympathies. I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Found out a few weeks later she'd done it to a few other cars to, including a lovely Jag E type :(

Jesus, what an infuriating story.

I would have smashed every panel and window on her car with a lump hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

irishbird wrote: »
    i had a 94 Seat Ibiza and some ****er keyed both sides of the car. why would anyone be bothered to doing that. Yours was probably done out of jealousy. i cant see anyone begin jealous of my car. mind you someone then sold it and ran it in to the wall. may be there is a certain section of society who are jealous of old battered cars:confused::confused:

Some people are just d1cks. My 10 year old almera has been asaulted too, even knicked the Nissan badges, who the **** wants to knick Nissan badges?! Friends fiesta had his Ford badges taken too. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Cionád wrote: »
    My 10 year old almera has been asaulted too, even knicked the Nissan badges, who the **** wants to knick Nissan badges?!

Nicked Renault badge off my bonnet would cost €45 to replace new, if I was arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Zube wrote: »
    Nicked Renault badge off my bonnet would cost €45 to replace new, if I was arsed.

I know they are crazy prices new, wouldn't buy off ebay either cause you'd know they were most likely knicked from someone else's car (or yours!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Hey OP, I feel your pain.

I had my 05 Passat keyed from front to back parked outside my garden a while back and never found out who it was, then 3 weeks later the car was parked there overnight again and yes you guessed it, the other side was done as well so I agree with the poster who said we live in a really lovely society.

All I ask is 5 minutes with the piece of low life who did it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

The same happened to my golf. it got keyed outside my house in dundrum one night; 3-4 scratches on the drivers side door, just under the handle (whoever it was layed into the car, wasnt as if they walked by quickly) then again a couple of weeks later when parked up in a cul de sac in terenure (a continuous scratch from drivers side door almost to wheel arch).

i cant understand why this is happened twice to a run of the mill '00 silver golf mk4?

it would almost be worth it if you could catch the ****

sorry to hear about your car alex, i know how you feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Martly

Jeez some of those stories are horrible, I drive a 00 Seicento a tiny little car, no one can be jealous of it..ha ha
    But the drivers side was keyed last week, really deep scratch aswell! Probably kids its very annoying tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Newcarneeded

I went for a few pints after work and left my car overnight in a housing estate near my local train station (Skerries.) It was outside a telephone substation so it didn't inconvenience any homeowners or cause an obstruction on the road.

Anyway I got a call today from a friend who lives on the estate to say my wing mirror was hanging off. Walked over to pick up the car and found one mirror was truly hanging off, (passenger side) but not only that but the drivers side mirror had been kicked/pulled clean off the car too. They carried it about fifty yards and then smashed into pieces, presumably kicking it up the road or just jumping on it.

This is the second time my car has been vandalized in the past six months. I had another passenger mirror kicked off the car in January in Swords, and now both mirrors done in June. I don't know how much they'll cost to replace yet, but I suspect it'll be €300-600 for the pair as they're body coloured and electric. I'll try a few breakers first but i won't hold my breath.

It had to be teenagers out drinking in the fields for the night.

It's just such a kick in the teeth. My car is nothing special, it's a 02 Accord, nothing fancy about it at all, standard as the day it was born, and while the OP's motor was probably done out of jealousy, it could just have been random vandalism like so many others here.

I reported the incident to the Gardai, purely so that it's recorded. It's the sort of crime that the gardai can't ever do anything about though. It really is impossible to police that sort of sh1t.

I'll never know who did it but that's my weeks wages gone now. I got up early Mon-Fri put in my five days, and 40 hours in the office, tolerated my 2.5hours a day commute and now i'll spend the weeks pay replacing two mirrors that I already owned and worked perfectly on Monday morning. Sickening.

Swords and Skerries aren't rough areas by any stretch of the imagination. It's a sad reflection on our society. The guard i reported it too commented that he wouldn't leave his decent car in the town at nighttime while he was working because that sort of thing is so common. He also compared Ireland with the continent where people drive convertibles and leave them parked up with the top down. If you did that here people would spit/piss in it on you.

Unfortunately I can't help but agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

How can someone go so low as to scratch a car? They're crazy. I have a 98 fiesta and when i got it 2 years ago as my learning car it was in perfect condition. My own warped style of learning has left quite a few scratches and dents along both sides of my car. Driving against walls. I made sure i stayed away from cars. But i think that happens to learners. But i couldn't care less cause its a fiesta and my own doings anyway.

But then i have quite a few sctratches on my bonnet and on top of my car. Scratches that are running from the top of the bonnet to the end. And sratches on top of the car running from the front to the back. I know i didn't do those. They look terrible. At least my own scratches and dents looks as if i drove into something- its not half as bad. But on top of the car? And thats what sickens me. They will do it to any car. Its really stopping me from getting a new (second hand) car. I have a fair idea who it is to but i have no proof. Some jealous cnut i work with that can't bear anyone doing any better than himself. He tried driving and keeps failing his test and he's left with using buses. But thats no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yes this sort of thing really boils my blood., car vandalism has a very high cost for the unfotunate owner of the car. If somebody came into a shop and stole 1000 euro out of the till the guards would be pretty interested, however I had somebody put a dents in the drivers side door of my partners car along two body panels, and drive off. It cost over 1000 euro to put right and she lost her no claims that she had clean for 5 years. I know that the policing of this is really hard, but surely they can try harder than taking a statement and leaving never to be heard from again.

I am moving house soon, and am really looking forward to secure parking at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EdKadettD

alexmcred wrote: »
    Would love to find him/her €625 to put right again. What joy can people possibly get out of this???? Car is 08 Golf GT sport.

The words 'jealous fools' come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Just jealousy and or thuggery. I noticed a lot of cars ouside the garda station in WX have gotten scratched by little scummers from the local secondary school if some reports are to be believed.

Its just mindless jealousy or thuggery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When I was in college during one of the open days the schoolkids messed up my bike, scratched figures of 8 in the paintwork, put a pencil through the seat, slashed the leather and melted fag butts into the whitewalls.

Can't stand vandals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

alexmcred wrote: »
    Would love to find him/her €625 to put right again. What joy can people possibly get out of this???? Car is 08 Golf GT sport.

Maybe it was one of your Jealous Neighbours that did the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

lisajane wrote: »
    How can someone go so low as to scratch a car? They're crazy. I have a 98 fiesta and when i got it 2 years ago as my learning car it was in perfect condition. My own warped style of learning has left quite a few scratches and dents along both sides of my car. Driving against walls. I made sure i stayed away from cars. But i think that happens to learners. But i couldn't care less cause its a fiesta and my own doings anyway.

But then i have quite a few sctratches on my bonnet and on top of my car. Scratches that are running from the top of the bonnet to the end. And sratches on top of the car running from the front to the back. I know i didn't do those. They look terrible. At least my own scratches and dents looks as if i drove into something- its not half as bad. But on top of the car? And thats what sickens me. They will do it to any car. Its really stopping me from getting a new (second hand) car. I have a fair idea who it is to but i have no proof. Some jealous cnut i work with that can't bear anyone doing any better than himself. He tried driving and keeps failing his test and he's left with using buses. But thats no reason.

That sounds like a cat - I came out of my house one day and there was a dog on my bonnet licking my windscreen, I couldnt do anything but laugh, crazy mutt. He scratched the bonnet though with his nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Argh ... yeh thats a pain in the ass !

Same thing happened to me, was parked in the shared parking in our apartment block, some chick pulled out so i pulled into the space, i went across to the shop and she came back about 5 minutes later, was sitting there looking at my car in the space (its a shared parking ground) I came back downstairs and saw a scratch from ass to front all the way down the side of mine. Went over to her banged up fiesta and looked in the window, screwdriver on the passenger seat with paint flecks from my car all over the seat and screwdriver.

I went ballistic, moved the car into another space just incase she went back to do it again, walked into town, came back and the b*tch had done the other side too ! So, i was going to go and buy a pick axe and create a nice few holes, or was going to go down the motor factors and buy a bottle of brake fluid to give her car a nice shower, g/f convinced me it was a bad idea. :)

Went to the cops he came out and looked at the damage, agreed that she was a b*tch. Basically said he could do nothing unless i, or someone else saw her do it.

So i printed up a ton of fliers offering 100 euros reward for anyone with information about it, put them in all the surrounding apartments and businesses + houses on the street. Got a call from this woman ... sounded a bit suss, then got a call from the same number claiming to be a different person saying she saw a van do it ? Realised it must be her, so when she rang back again, i chanced my arm and said i couldnt give the reward as we had cctv footage of a person owning a blue fiesta damaging the car with a screwdriver and that the gardai were going to contact them and the management company.

She just went quiet and hung up.

Contacted the management company and let them know.

A few weeks after that she started parking her car well far away from the block and then she eventually moved off, everyone knew it was her and the management company kicked her out of her apartment.

If this is true and I was in your position, I would have DESTROYED that girls car. Many things I can think of, maybe take off her oil filter and drain it into a pan, then see how far down the road she gets till the engine seizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Boots2006

I went for a few pints after work and left my car overnight in a housing estate near my local train station (Skerries.) It was outside a telephone substation so it didn't inconvenience any homeowners or cause an obstruction on the road.

That estate is renowned for damage to cars that are left in the estate overnight - I've been hearing stories like this for years.

My own experience was that someone jumped on the roof, hopped down onto the wing mirror, breaking it off, then picked up the broken wing mirror, and keyed the side of the car with it ... (this happened in the city centre).

A week later, I parked it up on the path in Skerries, and someone decided that one go-faster key mark wasn't enough, so they added a second key mark, making sure that this time, it cut right down into the metal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

had a cls last year.....6k's worth of damage from vandals...yes 6k. Got rid of it....never felt the same car again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Tails142 wrote: »
    If this is true and I was in your position, I would have DESTROYED that girls car. Many things I can think of, maybe take off her oil filter and drain it into a pan, then see how far down the road she gets till the engine seizes.

Well she had a bucket of sh*t 94 fiesta with playboy bunny seat covers ... i dont think you'd notice external damage. I was seriously contemplating all sorts of crazy sh*t because i was just so angry... but at the end of the day i was glad i didnt as i could have been brought up on criminal damage charges.....

The damage to my car was more than the cost of her entire car.

A bucket of sawdust and animal faeces with a nice mix of glue was contemplated also .. argh .. infuriating .. i f*cking hate vandals.

It seems to be isolated to ireland though, living in the netherlands now and its not such a common occurence.. unless your on german plates !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Had my car keyed there a few weeks ago. Really frustrating. Its likely to cost about 800 euro. Like yourself im disgusted. In my case its a 07 Seat Leon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭r0nn13

Just had my car scratched/keyed after only owning it for just over 1 week!

3 door marks in the side too in the same timeframe and I park away from other cars too and walk a bit further to the shop etc...

Too many jealous people out there or just plain scum bags with no respect for anything around them.

All previous cars where never scratched or marked before so this is like a kick in the teeth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Had wing mirror kicked off in Terenure a few days after I got my car (although just a 01 Fiesta).

Moved house to Inchicore then two months ago, seemed like a quiet street. I was going on hols for a week and instead of blocking my flatmate's car in the drive I parked outside the next door neighbour's house. My landlady said it was grand as there was no-one living there and she'd never seen a car at it. No driveway really to block anyway.

So the morning after I get back from hols, I'm coming out of the house and I catch next door's landlord trying to CROWBAR the door of my car open :eek: :mad: Apparently while I was away, he'd moved people in and they were complaining I was in their space. Like, fair enough but wtf?? He told me why should he have to go knocking on neighbour's doors to see who owned the car (we're literally next door, cheek by jowl, five steps away).

I was so shocked at catching him in the act that I didn't get his reg number :mad: but If i ever meet him again he'll be sorry. Car door is ok but deep scratches on the hinge. Another minute later he would have broken it open.

Advertisement