Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anandtech benches Nehalem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dead link m8

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

awhir wrote: »
    http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/int...oc.aspx?i=3326

its looken good ;)

poor amd tho there not going to be able to keep up.

Copy/paste FAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

OMG :eek: over 40% faster than penryn clock for clock in some media encoding tests with the memory in single channel mode. AMD is completely fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hang on now. Dont forget these are all intel specified benchmarks where the improvements are seen the most. Ill eithold judgement untill i see some games benchmarks or pi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Anti wrote: »
    Hang on now. Dont forget these are all intel specified benchmarks where the improvements are seen the most. Ill eithold judgement untill i see some games benchmarks or pi.

The testing was done by Andandtech and if its 40% faster than Penryn its a hell of a lot faster than anything AMD has in the pipeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well obviously. But i want to see some games benchmarks before i even think about gettign one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Anti wrote: »
    Well obviously. But i want to see some games benchmarks before i even think about gettign one.

TBH I doubt it will make a huge difference in games.

It would want to be an amazing increase to bother upgraing a to socket LGA1366 motherboard and get DDR3 as well for me.

Wonder what the pricing will be like?

Market is flooded with good cheap socket 775 cpus and cheap ddr2 ram, is there much point for someone building a new pc to go for socket 1366 atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

uberpixie wrote: »
    Market is flooded with good cheap socket 775 cpus and cheap ddr2 ram, is there much point for someone building a new pc to go for socket 1366 atm?

Defintely not, especially considering that a mildly overclocked, 2-year-old E6600 is more than enough for almost all the games out there.

Advertisement