Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business exam, anyone else terrified??

Options
  • 05-06-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

anyone with useful predictions or thoughts??:p
    this exam, i'm DREADING!!

:eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not really, its mostly common sense.Anyone with half a brain could bluff their way through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well marketing mix for the ABQ, thats so important.
    Know you acts from chapter two. One comes up every year.

Just go over your notes and test yourself. Then after that try some exam questions and just write out the points to see if you can answer them, the ones you can't just go back to your notes and go over it. Do this back and forth and you'll be grand.

Theres a lot of stuff to know in Business but most of it is easy and its just a case of going over and over it.

If you've any problems send me a pm or post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

at the weekend I will be going over this pretty seriously. Unfortunately I do honours Irish which doesn't help very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Jakkass wrote: »
    at the weekend I will be going over this pretty seriously. Unfortunately I do honours Irish which doesn't help very much.

Tell me about it like whats going on?

HONOURS IRISH PII(The harder one) + Business on the same fricken day??

My god this timetable really needs to be sorted out!!!

I don't do Chemistry but I feel for those who had chemistry today after English 2!
    Ridiculous, I was shattered after English 2, couldn't imagine what it was like having to stroll into chemistry after!

Business is so unpredictable.

But obviously the last three units.. and all the main acts.

Not worried though.

Banking on my A1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There could be an EU question because of all this business with the Lisbon Treaty. For section one just make sure you know definitions. Definitely look over the Hirearchy of Needs, how to draft memos and notices. You'll be kicking yourself for not getting those easy ten marks and dear god don't forget to put a heading on any drawings/graphs, it's worth two marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Business is so unpredictable.

But obviously the last three units.. and all the main acts.

Not worried though.

Banking on my A1.

i'm hoping for a B1
    but then again i will baffle on
    so i'll probs get deducted marks for it !

gona study the night before too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Business is ridiciliously hard, i heard Marketing Mix for the ABQ.
    Labour Court and LRC seems likely too along with HRM

hogey143 wrote: »
    Business is ridiciliously hard

Are you actually joking? :eek:

Are you actually joking? :eek:

I wish i was. I know it's basically a load of waffle and the likes but I just can't seem to do that well. Especially with the terms and definitions. Plus it's harder than other subjects to predict what's coming up. The fact that my teacher wasn't the best either probably added to the problem.

• Advertisement

If you find it very hard you should be doing pass because either it comes easily to you or it doesn't.

Im hoping for a B1, i've put the work in and im fairly prepared for whatever they send my way.

1huge1 wrote: »
    If you find it very hard you should be doing pass because either it comes easily to you or it doesn't.

Im hoping for a B1, i've put the work in and im fairly prepared for whatever they send my way.

I can't (Points wise). I've done a good deal of work but the definitions and the likes....I just can't seem to explain them well. Basically, I go the long way round explaining them and in the end, don't even answer the Q properly !

The fact that my teacher wasn't the best either probably added to the problem.

I hate this excuse.

This is probably the best link for Business right now leading up to the exam!

click me!

Thanking you, Never knoew that existed, I was only ever on the interactive part of the Business section. Cheers !

I can't (Points wise). I've done a good deal of work but the definitions and the likes....I just can't seem to explain them well. Basically, I go the long way round explaining them and in the end, don't even answer the Q properly !
    Well study study study mate over the weekend and good luck to you.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well study study study mate over the weekend and good luck to you.

Oh i will, ha, good luck to you too. I'm sure you'll see me giving out about the Business paper after it ! :D

ye just keep writing about stuff(study technique) even if you are copying it from the book, you'll be surprised what comes back while sitting the actual exam!
    Thats the way I was with english today, I knew so much more than I thought!

Take a chill pill, and when sitting the business exam just put yourself in the shoes of a business man, question yourself, what would I do to make this business run more efficiently, how would I come about this, is it even possible?

Learn a few definitions over the weekend. This will Boost your confidence level and make you excited when you are asked for the definition in the exam!
    Relax and think of the celebrations afterwards!

I'm sure you'll see me giving out about the Business paper after it ! :D

Yay.

Yay.

Is there a smell of sarcasm right there ??

• Advertisement

smell of sarcasm

Brilliant use of english.

pity English is over, you could have used that in your essay. E.G How the smell of sarcasm brought out the contrast in Iago's manipulation to Desdemona's innocence. ha

barcoe4 wrote: »
    pity English is over, you could have used that in your essay

lol.gif

I know yeah, I'll translate and use it in French on Wednesday !

Sorry for your inconvenience Ava-Adore. I'll be sure not to 'offend' you in future.

Wtf are we doing posting a million posts about the business exam which is on Tuesday? Thanks a lot hogey!;)

We should be going over arithmetic, differentiation, waterfalls, global interdependence and what not for tomorrow!! Its terribly addictive writing on these forums I must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 saywhaat

just the timing scheme sucks, its so exact!like 24 mins for a question, 8 mins per part (A,B or C) and 2mins per point....blah blah blah!!:mad:thats all thats scarin me really, people in business qn.s can usually be a lotta bs so they're grand!and knowin units 5, 6 and 7 can really carry ya through the exam....but seriously, IRISH PAPER 2 on the same day?!?ridiculous! oook i'm really goin on a rant here, better wrap it up!:o:o:pac:

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Wtf are we doing posting a million posts about the business exam which is on Tuesday? Thanks a lot hogey!;)

We should be going over arithmetic, differentiation, waterfalls, global interdependence and what not for tomorrow!! Its terribly addictive writing on these forums I must say!

True that, highly addictice, you hons or pass ??

I know yeah, I'll translate and use it in French on Wednesday!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Translate.. ha ha ha oh jeeezuss ha.

Sorry for your inconvenience Ava-Adore. I'll be sure not to 'offend' you in future.

Yeah, you should be, for your inconvenience. :D

Higher: English Irish Business and Geo
    Pass: Tech drawing, French(easiest exam ever), maths

dreading irish!

• Advertisement

where is this so called 'City of Delusion.'?

Advertisement