Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 05-06-2008 8:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

I realise this must have been mentioned before but could someone please tell me what the best wireless broadband there is for the Dublin 1 area - i have Irish Broadband and it is doing my head in - its way too slow, i have no phone line so wireless it has to be. Which 1 should i get?
    Advice needed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

I get between 250k and 1000k per sec on speedtest.net on 3 3g usb modem ,but i,m not in dublin 1.if you get a a usb modem from carphone warehouse you have 2weeks to return it if its too slow,or unreliable but its 25per month for acess with 10gig dl cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

I have no phone line either and i thought wireless was the only option.

But I was able to get NTL/Chorus.

All I have with them is 6mb broadband @ 36 euro a month. 6 of that includes some sort of admin fee cause i don't have any other product of theirs.

www.upc.ie

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

gamer wrote: »
    I get between 250k and 1000k per sec on speedtest.net on 3 3g usb modem ,but i,m not in dublin 1.if you get a a usb modem from carphone warehouse you have 2weeks to return it if its too slow,or unreliable but its 25per month for acess with 10gig dl cap.
    Recommending 3 is like recommending leprosy here.

Op you are not on Irish broadband Ripwave by any chance? If you are you should probably proceed to throw it out the window and get a fixed wireless service. There really isn't that many good options for broadband that doesn't need a phoneline, the general consensus here is your best bets are UPC(if you can get cable) and Digiweb followed by Irish broadband breeze.

Advertisement