Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Want to Jump the Gun...

• 05-06-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

But I got a tracking number from Carvalho, and the our gear is in James St as of 7.06 this morning (I assume the sorting office). This means it'll be delivered tomorrow to Kevin St, and I can get it to you guys!

My plan is to be having a few drinks in the Porthouse (beside Lemon on South William St) from about 5.30, so I'll let yous know when I have them, and you can drop up and pick up yer stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

woooooooooo!!!
    how long do you plan to spend there? would be around 7 before I'd get in I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    woooooooooo!!!
    how long do you plan to spend there? would be around 7 before I'd get in I think..

The night :)

Will update my movements if I go elsewhere though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm finished at 4 today so any chance I could pick it up at lunchtime if you get them today? I could cycle up to where ever you are in town. I'll be wearing my Club gear on Sunday so no worries if lunchtime doesn't suit. I'll get it from you next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I live about 70 miles away so it would not be practical for me to call in . Is there anyone who would be picking up their stuff who lives on or near the N3 eg. Dunshaughlin, Navan etc.. or somewhere in the vicinity. I will be in this area on Saturday and would meet somebody if that was possible.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I'm finished at 4 today so any chance I could pick it up at lunchtime if you get them today? I could cycle up to where ever you are in town. I'll be wearing my Club gear on Sunday so no worries if lunchtime doesn't suit. I'll get it from you next week.

Afraid I won't have 'em at lunchtime -they're being delivered to Kevin St, and I'm workin in Phibsborough, so won't get them till after work. I'll be around tomorrow as well if that suits better?

No worries Tiny. I'll get then from you next week. I cycle into and home from work via the North Circular Road so I could do a wee detour through Phibsborough on my way home some evening.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    No worries Tiny. I'll get then from you next week. I cycle into and home from work via the North Circular Road so I could do a wee detour through Phibsborough on my way home some evening.

Grand job. Whereabouts do you live? I could always drop stuff out to people instead of doing a final training run tomorrow :)

I can't imagine carrying a bag weighed down with clothing would be good prep for sunday!

Swords but I wouldn't expect you to do that. I'm happy enough to wait till next week. There's others who want to wear the boards gear for Sunday so look after them first.

kenmc wrote: »
    I can't imagine carrying a bag weighed down with clothing would be good prep for sunday!

It'd build up my back! But Swords is maybe a lil far, so I'll leave it till next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You could cut over from Swords through Ratoath to the N3 and then head out towards Dunshaughlin/Navan for Trekclimber. It's pretty flat, would be no bother to you. A loop back through Trim, Summerhill, Athy and Carlow would get you below the Wicklow mountains and you could head back in up the coast road from Arklow dropping off as you go.

Or we could get them from you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

blorg wrote: »
    You could cut over from Swords through Ratoath to the N3 and then head out towards Dunshaughlin/Navan for Trekclimber. It's pretty flat, would be no bother to you. A loop back through Trim, Summerhill, Athy and Carlow would get you below the Wicklow mountains and you could head back in up the coast road from Arklow dropping off as you go.

Yeah I'll just meet him in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Fantastic news Tiny. As soon as i get my jersy I can start training for the WW200!*

*lack of a boards.ie jersey is the sole and only reason for the complete lack of training. This is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

blorg wrote: »

That's a good idea, I live in Ratoath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

good to hear. now fingers crossed!! i'll have to get a jersey elsewhere if they dont make it. does someone have to eb at the address to sign for or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Bambaata wrote: »
    does someone have to eb at the address to sign for or anything?

That just gave me an image of the Kevin St. porters signing for the package and keeping it for themselves. And then walking around in our jersey’s and bib shorts.

Tiny,
    If there is no-one heading up my way before Sunday, could I meet you somewhere on Saturday afternoon/evening at a location which would suit you ??

Right, tracking info on screen, I gave the nice guys in An Post a call, and the gear is in the James St sorting office following a failed delivery! (stupid DIT porters!). My super duper other half is now heading down to pick it up, and so I'll definately have it this evening!

You all have my mobile number on the PM's I send ya, so text or call when you're on the way down, and I'll tell you exactly where I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't have your number :whine:

fair play to her! Thanks Mrs Tiny!
    (but does she know it's probably going to weigh around 30kg or something?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Right, tracking info on screen, I gave the nice guys in An Post a call, and the gear is in the James St sorting office following a failed delivery! (stupid DIT porters!). My super duper other half is now heading down to pick it up, and so I'll definately have it this evening!

You all have my mobile number on the PM's I send ya, so text or call when you're on the way down, and I'll tell you exactly where I am :)
    Good stuff man! Thanks for the effort. I'll be finished work about 7 or 8 and i'll get in touch then to see where you are then and if it suits to collect.

I don't have your number :whine:

Me neither ;_;

I also have no lock for my bike, so any chance I could just pull up outside the pub and give you a buzz? :)

seamus wrote: »
    Me neither ;_;

I also have no lock for my bike, so any chance I could just pull up outside the pub and give you a buzz? :)

Drop me a pm (though there's already 4, so maybe one's you, and I'll send it again).

Chancces are I'll be sittin outside drinkin some wine, but if I'm not I'll gladly come out!

Also, just to make it clear, I'm crap with names and faces, so don't be offended if I don't know your username, even if I regularly go for a spin on a Saturday :D

Don't worry, you've never met me :) I'll be the guy in shorts, oakleys and an untrendy high vis.

I'm not up to your Saturday "Spins" level yet. Especially not on a full sus MTB :D

Oh, and PorterHouse on South William Street? Such a thing exists?

seamus wrote: »
    Don't worry, you've never met me :) I'll be the guy in shorts, oakleys and an untrendy high vis.

I'm not up to your Saturday "Spins" level yet. Especially not on a full sus MTB :D

Oh, and PorterHouse on South William Street? Such a thing exists?

Porthouse, it's a trendy wine bar (get me :) ), not porterhouse

I believe they're owned by the same people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Are you there now? Do we have to remember which one we ordered or are they all individually wrapped with our names on the front, and a bow, gotta have a bow?

Drop me a pm (though there's already 4, so maybe one's you, and I'll send it again).

Chancces are I'll be sittin outside drinkin some wine, but if I'm not I'll gladly come out!

Also, just to make it clear, I'm crap with names and faces, so don't be offended if I don't know your username, even if I regularly go for a spin on a Saturday :D

Have sent you a pm

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Are you there now? Do we have to remember which one we ordered or are they all individually wrapped with our names on the front, and a bow, gotta have a bow?

I'll be there from half five or so. Sadly, the bow wasn't included in the price you paid, so there's not one. I do have a fancy printed spreadsheet with yer names and sizes ordered, and if I can nip out here early, I'll wrap multiples together with some tape to make it easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Legend!

Can you write "from Santa" on mine??