Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler trouble

• 05-06-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello,and thanks for helping with start up instructions.I have got everything working (German FFB 570)still need an English manual.The only problem remaining is the boiler.When i switch it on there is a click after 5 seconds then a second click after about 10 seconds and the red light comes on,it sounds like it's trying to start,the gas is turned on.Any fresh idea's .
    Boyoh:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ok ..that picture doesn't say much, other than that your boiler has a ten liter capacity, that its workings are described under item/point 12 and that it has a separate manual as well :rolleyes:

A few things to check:
    - make sure that there is water in your boiler (it may have a separate stop cock somewhere)
    - make sure that is getting air. The exhaust / air intake on these yokes is usually combined and on the outside side wall. Make sure there is no cover over it and that both pipes/ openings are free from obstructions

just took some pics of my setup:

this is the cimney:

57419.jpg

The upper hole is the intake, the lower the exhaust ...you might have a plastic cap over those, make sure that's off

This is the boiler

57420.jpg

The red thing is the stop cock for the water. (not all campers have one and it could be anywhere along the the water line to the boiler)

The yellow thing is the security valve for frost protection. It opens automatically when the temperature comes near zero. Also it is permanently open when the yellow cap is flipped up. Make sure it is closed or all your water will go to the outside (usually under the van somewhere)

No picture of the gas stop cock. Once again this could be anywhere, make sure you have found them all (fridge, cooker, heating, boiler) and all are in the same open position.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Thanks for the pic's and advise,will have another go tomorrow evening.
    Boyoh:)

Still have not got boiler going.Have found yellow valve but not red.Do you need the pump on to start boiler.The click i hear must be a valve opening,followed by rapid low clicking,the sparker i suspect,then another click and red light appears,the valve closing i presume,so it's got to be no gas,no water or a fault in the system,what do you think,and thanks you have been a great help so far.Boyoh:)

to check if there is water in the boiler is simple really ...open one of the hot water taps (witht he water pump on of course). If there's water coming out of there, then there's water in the boiler.

Gas (if you're sure that everything that's supposed to be open is open) is a different matter. You could have an airlock or dirt in or near the burner.
    Personally, I'm not confident enough to work with gas lines etc, so I've never done it and can't really give you advice.

• Advertisement

KOL, who also posts on here dug up a link to the truma website on another thread. There you can download operating manuals that might help.

Here's the link:

http://www.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/gb/boiler/boiler.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

With the outer cover removed you have air/ventilation, sounds like you have ignition and the gas is trying to flow. Appears most likely to be a gas blockage/airlock. Open & close the gas isolation valve a few times, give it a few taps, it may be sticking. Turn your temperature dial all the way up and try it a few more times. The gas just may be taking its time getting all the way up.

OK lads,will give it another try in the morning and let you know the results,thanks again.Boyoh

boyoh wrote: »
    OK lads,will give it another try in the morning and let you know the results,thanks again.Boyoh

No joy with boiler.I can live without hot water for a while,i will pull the boiler out when i know the van a bit better and feel confident about it.Found the Trauma site but it was not user friendly.Boyoh:(

Advertisement