Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Irish

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any thoughts on Irish for the Giota or Paper 2 ?
    As in if imagery, etc. comes up ?

Comments

Oh C'MON!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

hmmm yes something did trigger with me that it was a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Oh C'MON!

Someones in a bit of a fouler today! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

My teacher thinks;
    Clare Sa Spéir (to describe the series of events, describe characters, why she went up the tree, work she does in the house),
    Cearrbhach MacCabá (events again, the 3 wishes, describe characters) and
    Lig Sinn i gCathú (and again events, characters) [Hopes this one doesn't come up! No clue about this one!]

Poems, she thinks -
    Jack, (theme, feelings, images)
    Gealt (theme, feelings, title of the poem - does it suit it?) and
    Bímse Buan ar Buairt Gach Ló (feelings, theme, images)
    I guess I would be happy enough if these came up. And then did you like the poem for all.

This is just recent work we were doing in the last few weeks. I guess we can't really say "Oh, images will be asked for that one. Theme for this one etc", you know? They could ask anything really. Best to learn all you can and have hope for the best!

One question: What does "giota" mean? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

LayLay wrote: »
    My teacher thinks;
    Clare Sa Spéir (to describe the series of events, describe characters, why she went up the tree, work she does in the house),
    Lig Sinn i gCathú (and again events, characters) [Hopes this one doesn't come up! No clue about this one!]

Poems, she thinks -
    I guess I would be happy enough if these came up. And then did you like the poem for all.

This is just recent work we were doing in the last few weeks. I guess we can't really say "Oh, images will be asked for that one. Theme for this one etc", you know? They could ask anything really. Best to learn all you can and have hope for the best!

Cheers for that.
    Giota is the essay part, was just thinking of any teachers told anybody to revise any certain part for the essaye.g. sport, teenagers, drugs, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

hogey143 wrote: »
    Cheers for that.
    Giota is the essay part, was just thinking of any teachers told anybody to revise any certain part for the essaye.g. sport, teenagers, drugs, etc.

Would recommened doing problems in ireland..
    maybe even problems in ire for teens inc drink drugs and LC!!!
    pastimes generally comes up so worth lookin over that unless you can whip something up from your oral??

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

No matter what essay title I get I turn it to a robbery or a car accident, Im the king of linking sentences! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

BJC wrote: »
    No matter what essay title I get I turn it to a robbery or a car accident, Im the king of linking sentences! :p

ehh give me advice have a party and road accident sorted how do i link??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

can u just switch to pass on d morn?? does it matter bout d oral??

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

addda wrote: »

doesnt matter. i switched to pass two weeks ago after doing my oral. you just get more marks for your oral. i recomend dropping if you think you'll fail honours. the pass course is so easy. it doesnt compare to honours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

My teacher thinks;

Poems, she thinks -

ah i hope you're right ..lol

haven't really been studyin much for Irish, way more important exams to do :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

My teacher thinks;

Poems, she thinks -

What about fiche blian ag fas. Is that important. Also I only dropped down lately so how much are you expected to write for ord level questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

addda wrote: »

Yeah you can switch, because everyone is marked the same way in the oral and then just given higher grades for those marks if they're doing ordinary level.

The only thing is someone couldn't change from ordinary to foundation because foundation do a different oral.

ah i hope you're right ..lol

haven't really been studyin much for Irish, way more important exams to do :P

I hope my teacher is right or else this is one exam I'm going to fail!

No, neither have I. It's paper 1 tomorrow and I have looked over anything for the letter.

Yggdrasill wrote: »
    What about fiche blian ag fas. Is that important. Also I only dropped down lately so how much are you expected to write for ord level questions

I really don't know. There were just what my teacher focused on in the last few weeks before we finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Mark200 wrote: »
    Yeah you can switch, because everyone is marked the same way in the oral and then just given higher grades for those marks if they're doing ordinary level.

The only thing is someone couldn't change from ordinary to foundation because foundation do a different oral.

You serious? My friend switched to foundation a few weeks ago, after the orals. Does that mean she doesn't get marks for the orals?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yggdrasill wrote: »

About half an A4 for the litir/sceal etc and the long poetry and prose questions. For the shorter poetry questions just go by the marks and it'll tell you how many points to make as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jobey

I just decided yesterday to do the ordinary paper because I genuinely think I'll fail the honours. And the pass course just looks so handy. Anybody got any phrases or tips for the layout of the letter? Or the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

I literally havent done any irish work in the last 3 years of school, coz my teacher just sits at her desk looking up **** on the net and im expected to sit this f**kin waste of time exam:((( and pass to get into college

Advertisement