Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muesli,yoghurt and Berrocca!

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

O.K., Just gotta share this with ye.. I'm not a great eater especially in the morning (had a stomach op some years ago) but I require a lot of mental and physical energy during the day and I've got to recommend the following for anyone who is like me, let me add, I like a drink or two during the week. Flahavans Hi 8 muesli, taken with yoghurt (either mixed in it or taken after) one glass of Berrocca and if, like me, you don't get the opportunity to eat for many hours it will keep you going for up to 8-10 hours without hunger pangs. Slow release energy fron the muesli, high vitamins from berocca and the goodness of natural yoghurt is the best thing I've come across for decades!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I read somewere recently the the australian version of berrocca ( same green colour tube /packet ) is supposed to be much much better then the ire/uk version

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

latchyco wrote: »
    I read somewere recently the the australian version of berrocca ( same green colour tube /packet ) is supposed to be much much better then the ire/uk version

That's news to me! I find our one substantial enough (for that extra kick) I wonder why the Aussie version can be even better??!! maybe something to do with allowed vitamin content under our food and health supplement charter?? or is their one? btw I have a tube in front of me right now and see the following ; Vit C:476mg, Thiamin10.4, Rib:13.6, Niacin: 45.3 and thats not to mention loads of other things like Biotin? and Pantothenic acid? which are at are above the RDA. Ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

brousuka wrote: »
    That's news to me! I find our one substantial enough (for that extra kick) I wonder why the Aussie version can be even better??!! maybe something to do with allowed vitamin content under our food and health supplement charter?? or is their one? btw I have a tube in front of me right now and see the following ; Vit C:476mg, Thiamin10.4, Rib:13.6, Niacin: 45.3 and thats not to mention loads of other things like Biotin? and Pantothenic acid? which are at are above the RDA. Ah well!

Just one of those celeb questionnaires, forget who and they recommened berrocca but said aussie version was best ,no idea why but i find our one ok to

ah, just like everything in ireland!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

berroca makes me pee bright orange and I can't tell if I am hydrated or not for a day or so..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

copacetic wrote: »
    berroca makes me pee bright orange and I can't tell if I am hydrated or not for a day or so..

LOL!!!

That's probably the excretion of excess Vitamin B. Berocca has a fair whack of the Vit B complex, way above the RDA but that shouldn't be something to be concerned about as you'll excrete it without hassle. Coming up to a competition or when I'm lifting very heavy continuously I take a Vit B complex to help my CNS recovery, the only downside is neon yellow pee for the duration :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Love my b complex in the morning! Never tried berocca as I can't take vitamin A and I'm pretty sure it's got some. But I do like the Sona Energise B+ which is very similar (maybe even cheaper??) and has more of some of the ingredients in it (Vit C in particular)

http://www.sona.ie/product.asp?id=397

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

g'em wrote: »
    LOL!!!

That's probably the excretion of excess Vitamin B. Berocca has a fair whack of the Vit B complex, way above the RDA but that shouldn't be something to be concerned about as you'll excrete it without hassle. Coming up to a competition or when I'm lifting very heavy continuously I take a Vit B complex to help my CNS recovery, the only downside is neon yellow pee for the duration :o

interesting, always wondered why normal effervescent vit c didn't have the same effect. makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

O.K., Just gotta share this with ye.. I'm not a great eater especially in the morning (had a stomach op some years ago) but I require a lot of mental and physical energy during the day and I've got to recommend the following for anyone who is like me, let me add, I like a drink or two during the week. Flahavans Hi 8 muesli, taken with yoghurt (either mixed in it or taken after) one glass of Berrocca and if, like me, you don't get the opportunity to eat for many hours it will keep you going for up to 8-10 hours without hunger pangs. QUOTE]

This sounds idenitcal to my breakfast but, ehm, it keeps me full for 3 hours - and at that im delighted with it!!! Maybe ive a bigger stomach:D

mrsberries wrote: »
    O.K., Just gotta share this with ye.. I'm not a great eater especially in the morning (had a stomach op some years ago) but I require a lot of mental and physical energy during the day and I've got to recommend the following for anyone who is like me, let me add, I like a drink or two during the week. Flahavans Hi 8 muesli, taken with yoghurt (either mixed in it or taken after) one glass of Berrocca and if, like me, you don't get the opportunity to eat for many hours it will keep you going for up to 8-10 hours without hunger pangs. QUOTE]

This sounds idenitcal to my breakfast but, ehm, it keeps me full for 3 hours - and at that im delighted with it!!! Maybe ive a bigger stomach:D

Well in fairness mrsberries, I did'nt add in my post that I did have a stomach operation some 16 years ago (ulcer) and there was some tissue removal, that may be part of the reason that i go so long on my breakfast. BTW just like you I also add fresh fruit to the muesli -the tub you get in centra deli's etc. with orange, grape and strawberry slices - it's delicious with that! actually I went 7hrs today on it before I got peckish.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness mrsberries, I did'nt add in my post that I did have a stomach operation some 16 years ago (ulcer) and there was some tissue removal, that may be part of the reason that i go so long on my breakfast. BTW just like you I also add fresh fruit to the muesli -the tub you get in centra deli's etc. with orange, grape and strawberry slices - it's delicious with that! actually I went 7hrs today on it before I got peckish.

I wish I could stave off the hunger like that!!!! I eat at 9 and im starvin at 12!!! but its such a delish breakfast especially with frozen raspberries or blueberries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I wish I could stave off the hunger like that!!!! I eat at 9 and im starvin at 12!!!

That is very normal. It is recommended to eat every 3-4 hours. Going more than 6 hours without eating anything is not so good for your metabolism.

cozmik wrote: »
    That is very normal. It is recommended to eat every 3-4 hours. Going more than 6 hours without eating anything is not so good for your metabolism.

but to have full on hunger pangs? Is that normal or am I just a greedy gut?:D

but to have full on hunger pangs?

Hold on! I thought you said it keeps you full for 3 hours :confused:

This sounds idenitcal to my breakfast but, ehm, it keeps me full for 3 hours - and at that im delighted with it!!!

cozmik wrote: »
    Hold on! I thought you said it keeps you full for 3 hours :confused:

Nope, by 12ish im ravenous!!!

Nope, by 12ish im ravenous!!!

Are you under a lot of stress?

Cozmilk, not particularly. Although, having read through other threads here Im thinking that perhaps my 40g portion may be too little...:confused: Ive even tried adding psyllium husks to it to bulk it up and fill me for longer.

Advertisement