Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick question

Options
  • 05-06-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

If you dont go into your Irish exam,I know you fail the subjet but do you fail the leaving cert for not attending?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no you still get your cert but good luck getting into the majority of college courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 john-btid

None of the corses I want require it so Im not bothered stressing myself out for it.Its a joke of subject.When the teachers are 90 years old and cant understand how to open a classroom door nevermind teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Unless you have an exemption from the department, if you don't sit Irish or fail it, you've failed your whole leaving cert. Unfair but hey - that's life!

lizt wrote: »
    Unless you have an exemption from the department, if you don't sit Irish or fail it, you've failed your whole leaving cert. Unfair but hey - that's life!

That particular rule was removed lst year becuase of the amount of people failing it,

bet you feel foolish!

john-btid wrote: »
    That particular rule was removed lst year becuase of the amount of people failing it,

bet you feel foolish!

Nope. But that might be because I actually have a hope of getting a good grade in Irish:D

• Advertisement

I didnt come on saying I wasnt planing going in I hav full intention of going in.Im asking for a mate,but id say your not familar of with the concept of friendship..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

bet you feel foolish!

Why did ya ask in the first place if u already knew that?? :confused:

Harpie wrote: »
    Why did ya ask in the first place if u already knew that?? :confused:

as i said its not for me i want some one else to confirm it cause he wont believe me.

I didnt come on saying I wasnt planing going in I hav full intention of going in.Im asking for a mate,but id say your not familar of with the concept of friendship..

Grammer, dear, have you heard of it?

And I hope that was not an attempt at a put down... and I stress attempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

bet you feel foolish!

That's rich coming from you..

Suck it up and just do it!

• Advertisement

i just did a full english paper 2 today i dont give a **** about my spelling tbh with ye kid,i dont have to put ye down your parents clearly do it enough

That's rich coming from you..

Suck it up and just do it!

im ****ing doing it im asking for a mate like:L

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

bet you feel foolish!

Stop attacking the people who have viewed your thread and done their best to answer you'r question....better yet.....go away.

i just did a full english paer 2 today i dont give a **** about my spelling tbh with ye kid,i dont have to put ye down your parents clearly do it enough

Sorry for my delay in reply but it took me a couple of minutes to decipher your message... There's no need to bring my family into this... You have no clue what my situation is. That was just uncalled for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

as i said its not for me i want some one else to confirm it cause he wont believe me.
    Fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

We were told by someone from the exams commission that if we fail/fail to attend either english, irish or maths that we have effectively failed our whole leaving cert.
    Of course "failing your leaving cert" is only a terminolgy .. and as somebody said above it basically means that you have little/ no hope of getting into college.
    Even if Irish/English/Maths are not course requirements you will still be affected... However I do know that you can do Arts even if you fail maths...
    My friend failed maths last yr and is currently doing Arts in UCC

BJC wrote: »
    Stop attacking the people who have viewed your thread and done their best to answer you'r question....better yet.....go away.

sweet Christ I only came onto ask a question,a person who answered me without ignorance i didnt attack.Only these little cildish keyboard warrior folk i dont mean any harm.In fairness you just came on to get under my skin,so how are you any better?

Jayeire wrote: »
    However I do know that you can do Arts even if you fail maths...
    My friend failed maths last yr and is currently doing Arts in UCC

Depends on the college, but sure they take anyone down there in Cork :p

sweet Christ I only came onto ask a question,a person who answered me without ignorance i didnt attack.Only these little cildish keyboard warrior folk i dont mean any harm.In fairness you just came on to get under my skin,so how are you any better?

Fair enough, I'll butt out, but remember this. Winning a fight online is like winning a Gold medal in the special olympics. You might get the gold..but your still retarded.

Fair enough, I'll butt out, but remember this. Winning a fight online is like winning a Gold medal in the special olympics. You might get the gold..but your still retarded.

Now THAT'S a putdown.

• Advertisement

well it is Arts....
    basically a degree wrote with a crayola marker on a piece of toilet paper....
    sorry... I shouldn't offend toilet paper like that.. lol

thanks for admiting i win:D and at the end of the day you just lost to a "retard" so what does that make you?less then a retard?

thanks for admiting i win:D and at the end of the day you just lost to a "retard" so what does that make you?less then a retard?

You're so fickle. I'm still waiting on an apology for the parents comment

Nice come back lol
    But that's not very politically correct now is it?
    Have ta admit I did laugh tho... I'm a horrible person lol

I forgive u john, how cud I resist lol :D

Jayeire wrote: »
    I forgive u john, how cud I resist lol :D
    it was ment for lizt sorry mate i could never be mad at you my pal.

Yeah whatever. Good luck with your Irish...

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah whatever. Good luck with your Irish...

Look pal i said sorry.you must have then intelligence of a spoon to request an apology and then throw it back in my face like.

Advertisement