Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lian Li 360 Case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looks pretty sweet.

Looks frickin' huge too! Doubt my TV stand could support it. Plus if its aluminium, I wonder will it suffer from any resonance issues with all the hardware running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I don't know, it doesn't look great..? I can only see this appealing to hardcore people who have been into pc modding and such, your regular joe 360 owner wont be getting this! Ill do what you said unklerosco and wait for reviews and better pictures.. It just looks like someone modded a existing case into something for the 360.. Not "Lian Li" quality..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I don't get it? It looks awful from those pictures - I mean, I have seen BetaMax Video players that look smaller than that! Can't imagine voiding my warranty to have an oversized beast like that sitting beside the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If the dvd drive was horizontal and they used a smaller fan, say 90mm x 2 it'd be much smaller. I wouldn't mind its size if I could fit more in it... If it stays like that I'd buy a normal PC case mod it to fit the 360...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Got the xbox to avoid this.........
    If i wanted to mod something it would be my (now neglected) PC at least you get something for your money, new processor & graphics card would make a huge difference.
    A new case (bigger bulkier and blander) with more harddrive ports and a fan - how much would that set ya back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

forgive my ignorance here but is this just a replacement case for the 360? ie, you take apart your console and put it in this?

advantages, reduce noise?

edie: done some googling and that's exactly what it is.

tbh: I'd prefer to see someone create a similar size case to the current 360 but optimise the airflow and make it quieter, I'd gladly sacrifice my warranty for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's about cooling and noise reduction. This isn't a bad thing. Lian-Li isn't a brand that Joe Soap PC builder is gonna buy either, they craft cases rather than make them, I think they're amongst the most beautiful you can get and this one's no different. Giving it some serious thought as the noise of the current console is so annoying.

Also:
    Says a lot to me on where a company like Lian-Li see's it's market (which I would describe as "Expert / Enthusiast") going and doing if this is what they're up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

If it was any other console I would be even slightly interested, but considering the rate 360s crap themselfs I would avoid this and hang on to my 3 year warranty.

Advertisement