Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident today

Options
  • 05-06-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

The wife was driving on the ring road around Mullingar today when she was held up by a 08 Ford Fiesta. The Ford was doing around 70km/h on a stretch of road where the limit is 100 km/h. The car was driving erratically changing speeds from 60-80km/h and back. There were no L plates but my wife assumed it was a learner driver so kept her distance upon seeing the driver was an old lady.

As the car approached the roundabout, it slowed down and then all of a sudden shot forward and crashed straight into the roundabout island as if the driver pushed on the accelarator instead of breaking. My wife drove past the roundabout, parked safely then returned to the scene of the accident. The driver was an old woman in her 80's and although she wasn't badly injured there was blood coming from her mouth. She was in shock and the passengar, also an old man in his 80's asked my wife to remove the seatbelt as the poor woman was basically shaking.

The old man climbed from the passengar seat and walked around the drivers door. Being an old man, his movement was laboured but when he reached the drivers door, all of a sudden his trousers fell down all the way to his ankles, he looked down at his trousers and said, "My trousers fell down." My poor missus didn't know where to look!!! God bless me but I couldn't not laugh upon hearing this part of the story. Thankfully nobody was badly hurt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

DonJose wrote: »
    "My trousers fell down."
    I shouldn't but :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I just laughed with a big pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft sound. top notch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The old man climbed from the passengar seat and walked around the drivers door. Being an old man, his movement was laboured but when he reached the drivers door, all of a sudden his trousers fell down all the way to his ankles, he looked down at his trousers and said, "My trousers fell down." My poor missus didn't know where to look!!! God bless me but I couldn't not laugh upon hearing this part of the story. Thankfully nobody was badly hurt.

You're such a dick, really you are.. There's tea all over my laptop now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Thrain

Ahh, the poor chap! Just the single car in the incident? No other stoppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hey, old people have sex too.... :eek: Seriously, sounds like a typical newbie 'automatic gearbox' mistake.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thrain wrote: »
    Ahh, the poor chap! Just the single car in the incident? No other stoppers?

Yes it was a one car crash. Looks like the old man couldn't drive anymore so he was teaching his missus. Yes there was another car coming in the opposite direction and she stopped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"My trousers fell down."
    Ahahahahahahaha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i shouldnt have but i did!!! easier laugh when no-one gets hurt though..

Advertisement